How much Mix a Mousse to use with LL pack?

sambasset

Hi,

I'm doing Lighterlife, but have bought a tub of Cambridge Diet Mix a Mousse to use occasionally. Could anyone let me know how to use this with the LL foodpacks? The back of the tub talks about '1 level scoop' - how much is this? Is it the same as a teaspoon? :confused:

Many thanks!

I would imagine that it'll work much the same as with a CD pack ... this is how I do it.

Make sure the water is very cold (preferably from the fridge).
I think it recommends 150ml of water but I use more (probably closer to 250ml) because I like lots! :p
The consistency comes out like blancmange using that amount - use the recommended, lesser amount if you like a firmer consistency.

I put the shake powder onto the water - don't mix yet!
Plonk a good scoop of mix-a-mousse on top of the shake powder because the MAM turns into a horrible blob when it comes into contact with liquid. The shake powder acts like a little raft and keeps the MAM and water apart.

Then I QUICKLY blend it ... you can use a stick blender but I use my Hinari Genie (identical to a bullet blender).
I give it a 20 second 'zizz' then pour the mixture into a bowl. Into the fridge for about 15 mins or so and it's ready to eat!

A bit of cinnamon on top of a banana mousse is reminiscent of a banana custard. You ahve to get inventive on this diet! ;)

Where can I get this please? Ebay seems a rip off and after paying LL £66 a week I want to spend as little as poss on "food" for me!

Hi,

I'm doing Lighterlife, but have bought a tub of Cambridge Diet Mix a Mousse to use occasionally. Could anyone let me know how to use this with the LL foodpacks? The back of the tub talks about '1 level scoop' - how much is this? Is it the same as a teaspoon? :confused:

Many thanks!

Hi, what i normally do is use the scoop provided, and level off with the back of a knife, then you know it is exactly a level spoon..
i dont know if one scoop = 1 teaspoon tho sorry !

x

I found the scoop buried in the powder, so I'm sorted now. I didn't realised the scoop was provided! I bought my Mix a Mousse on Ebay - it cost £9 plus a couple of pounds postage. Obviously a lot dearer than buying it from a CDC, but I had no other way of getting it, and was interested to try it.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Can you use CD with Lighterlife? is it the same? does it not affect ketos? does it slow your weightloss down? sorry to ask so many questions :confused:

I found the scoop buried in the powder, so I'm sorted now. I didn't realised the scoop was provided! I bought my Mix a Mousse on Ebay - it cost £9 plus a couple of pounds postage. Obviously a lot dearer than buying it from a CDC, but I had no other way of getting it, and was interested to try it.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

£9??? PLUS postage???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I pay £3 from my CDC .... you are being royally ripped off here sam.

Not sure if you can buy MAM from the official CD website - I know they used to sell certain things (not the food packs obviously) but you could buy the water flavourings, MAM and ketostix. Not sure if this is still the case.
Anyone know?

Back