How much snow have you got this morning?

MadamDotty

Back again!
Have you all woken up to a white world? We got up to a very disappointing thin layer of snow this morning, my DD said the weathermen were lying again cos they promised about 6 inches! However, it hasn't yet stopped snowing so the covering is now looking a lot more substantial.

I'm absolutely freezing and have got plenty of layers on this morning. i'm not sure if I'll got out and walk the dog or not, I don't mind if it stops snowing and I can wrap up warm but I don't want to go out whilst it's still snowing and get all wet. Skye, my dog, is not looking very interested at the moment either, she's curled up fast asleep on my bed, I may just be using the treadmill today to get my steps up.

Have a good day and I hope the weather doesn't cause anyone too many problems.
x

Yes a sprinkling here too MD. But it is still falling.

Was quite envious of Mizzy and Dizzy all tucked up with their family today!

Hope Karen1972 got down to London from Wales today ok - and gets back ok tonight.

I have nothing in my calendar today - so having a slouch day!!

Snow? Snow? What's that then. Don't seem to get snow down here.

Okay...maybe a tiny bit of slushy stuff just outside the door every 10 years. Kids call it snow, but then they don't remember the good old days when we had real snow. 1963 wasn't it?

Hi MadamDotty

I live in Biggin Hill, Kent and I think these pictures will speak for themselves, one taken before it got light and one just after
I am staying home in the warm today, stay safe anyone venturing out today !!
(double click to view larger)

We have far 2 much snow over here in Enfield and its snowing pretty hard still, the kids have all been playing in the snow for the last 2 hrs.We have at least 7 inches of snow and i am scared to go out tonight, but i have 2 go out as i have Ebonys second jabs and also got to go for my first weigh in tonight, but to tell u the truth i am so scared as if i fall over i will likely break some bones !!!

Whereabouts are you then Karion, not to have much snow. We don't usually get loads here, much to my daughter's annoyance, got more when I lived in South Wales.

Don't blame you for the slouchy day Bev, I think I'll be doing the same. I was going to go to Pets at Home, but it can wait till tomorrow.

Hi MadamDotty

I think these pictures will speak for themselves, one taken before it got light and one just after

(double click to view larger)

Wow Rubyberrie, now that's snow! Lovely pictures

We have far 2 much snow over here in Enfield and its snowing pretty hard still, the kids have all been playing in the snow for the last 2 hrs.We have at least 7 inches of snow and i am scared to go out tonight, but i have 2 go out as i have Ebonys second jabs and also got to go for my first weigh in tonight, but to tell u the truth i am so scared as if i fall over i will likely break some bones !!!

Take care tonight Roch especially as it might be freezing over. Will Aaron be going with you? Just take it steady.

xxx

Green with envy:( My 14 yr old has never seen anything more than about 1/2" :(

I want snow!! It's flippin' cold enough!:mad:

Its only been snowing for an hour here in South Lincolnshire - so Kids have gone to school - trouble is the 1/2 hour drive - just deliberating whether to go for them at lunchtime - light the wood burner and snuggle up or do the ironing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies on a postcard please!

Still snowing here. :) About 3 or 4 inches I should think but I don't think it will last long. We used to live in Ottawa and so have got our big box of snow pants and stuff out the attic just seeing what fits who and then gonna brave it before it all disappears. Will try to take some pics but Mizzy has left his £800 digital camera at work!:eek:

Dizzy x

Hi!

We're pretty much have the sames as biggin hill where we are! Took me 2 hrs to get into town today, left before 6am to be on the safe side as got visitors from another office in......

Work have booked me in a hotel for tonight!

Its only been snowing for an hour here in South Lincolnshire - so Kids have gone to school - trouble is the 1/2 hour drive - just deliberating whether to go for them at lunchtime - light the wood burner and snuggle up or do the ironing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Replies on a postcard please!

go for them at lunchtime, light the wood burner and snuggle up... decision made! ;) :D

Started here in Essex in the early hours and is still snowing now, mine and most other schools shut so a lazy day at home for me and mine.

AAAAAWWWWW its not fair, (sonkie stamps her feet and sulks)
I wanted to build a snowman......all we got was blooming rain......sob....sniff.
We have got the sun today

We have a lovely snowman in the garden and have just come back from the downs were all the children are tobogganing. It's so picturesque it's lovely. Back home now and heating up the butternut soup. The snow is falling heavily again now.

Dizzy x

Back