How Much Sunshine Orange A Day?

shazzy1970

Can anyone tell me how much sunshine orange flavouring you can use in a day. I only use 1 teaspoon per 2 ltr, is it ok to have this everyday - the water goes down a treat with it!

I was told by my CDC yesterday that you are only allowed 1 teaspoon per day, so if that's the case, 2 ltrs.

Hope I'm right in saying this

Dna x

I was told 1 teaspoon a day although I put it in 1L of water rather than 2L. I believe some people get away with using a little more it is just a case of how carb sensitive you are (I think).

Eek!! I didn't even know it was restricted, my CDC never mentioned that!!!!!! :cry:

So is it that it will kick you out of ketosis if you have more than the 1 tsp?

Most days I only have 1 tsp by chance, but at the weekends I get through quite a lot! :sigh:

So is it that it will kick you out of ketosis if you have more than the 1 tsp?

Most days I only have 1 tsp by chance, but at the weekends I get through quite a lot! :sigh:

It could do if you are carbohydrate sensetive, also you are adding in more calories to the diet too...

Wow, ok, will definitely watch that in future! Thanks for the advice Spooky!

And thanks for the post Shazzy.....or I would never have known!!!

Hi new on here so hope this hasn't been answered b4 but is it ok to have the the Sunshine Orange on SS? Also looked at sodium citrate on Google...& concluded that it must be from the same family as citric acid is that true in which case should we have it at all?:sigh:

I think the orange is ok (don't ask me why it doesn't make sense!) - although if you are sensitive you need to watch it.

The flavourings etc used to be as much as you wanted didn't they? They restricted as people were getting knocked out of ketosis i think.

I'm pretty tolerant so have more than allowance some days (although have none on others!). I think it depends on the person.

Hi new on here so hope this hasn't been answered b4 but is it ok to have the the Sunshine Orange on SS? Also looked at sodium citrate on Google...& concluded that it must be from the same family as citric acid is that true in which case should we have it at all?:sigh:

Its fine to have it on SS. Its been specially formulated for the Cambridge Programme.

Back