How much to leave for refeed?

Seph

So I've noticed quite a few of you begin refeed before hitting your target and keep losing. I was just wondering what's average to leave left to lose before refeeding and how long the refeed lasts on average?
I was planning on refeeding in about two or three weeks in time by which I will have hopefully lost all but 5lbs of my target.
Is that ok? I was thinking of refeeding for two weeks and then going back to normal completely. Is two weeks enough to lose the last 5?

Hello, congratulations on the loss so far.

As for your question, I haven’t thought that far ahead. I for one will stay on LT until I reach my goal, and then anything extra that I lose on refeed will be a bonus.

Hello, congratulations on the loss so far.

As for your question, I haven’t thought that far ahead. I for one will stay on LT until I reach my goal, and then anything extra that I lose on refeed will be a bonus.

This is my plan too - ditto the congrats!!! x

Most people do seem to still lose whilst refeeding so you should get those last 5lbs by doing that. I'm refeeding in 8 weeks and hopefully will lose all I want to about 2 weeks after that (just in time for my hols)or close enough. I'm also refeeding for 2 weeks and think that will be enough.

Thanks everyone. I would continue but I'm not going to be able to have the shakes at all while in London annoyinly (no fridges).
Good luck Mini! I'm sure you can get to your target before your hols!

Wow that's great, well done! Is that more than one week of refeed or all maintenance?
I'm not doing any maintenance (just going back to my normal diet) so I'll have to lose the weight before going on to normal food.

Since refeed, I stayed the same on week 1, lost 1lb on week 2, lost 1lb on week 3, lost 3lb on week 4 and I will weigh again tomorrow, that will be five weeks in total.
I have a refeed diary on the refeed section if you want to take a look. Its good to keep to look back on what weeks work for you.

Personally I started refeed as soon as I hit a healthy BMI. Only because a. its cheaper to stop earlier b. I am naturally curvy - and in my thirties I don't think it would suit me to be at the lower end of my BMI. it's personal choice at the end of the day though!

Absolutely, wonderfully said Rachie! I think I'm going to get to the end of the next three weeks and if I'm happy with how I look I won't even worry about the last 5lbs.
I'm not even going by BMI, it's rubbish if you're anything but the kind of person they've based it on. I'm like you; I'm an hourglass with a large frame so going to even the middle of BMI is going to look silly on me.

Thanks Kered! I'll definitely go take a look!

I am apple shape, and although I am wearing size 12 on the bottom now, these are getting loose and I need to shop for a size 10, but my top is still a 12-14.

Its all about being comfortable in our own bodies and looking in the mirror and taking in what we actually see. Listen to your own body and your nearest and dearest. Otherwise I would still be trying to get to 9st 2lbs - 9st 7lbs and at 50 this year, I think that would be the wrong choice for me personally.

Totally bye the bye I know - but why would you need a fridge to have the shakes??

(just call me a nosey cow! :()

Lol don't worry about being nosey Jan! I'm exactly the same! *So doesn't stand at the door listening when the neighbours are fighting* XD
I'm terrible when it comes to drinking things, it has to be ice cold or I can't stand it. (I swear it tastes different!) >< We keep 8 bottles of water in the fridge for me each day. The only thing I'll drink that's hot is hot chocolate. X3

Oh okay I see - As long as I know I shall sleep soundly ;)

(though unfortunately not until after my night shift!)

Thanks for that and best of luck with what you've left to do!! x

Thanks! Hopefully your night shift will fly by and you can get some sleep!

Back