how much water gives good losses?

Karen

Serial Foodie!
Hi everyone.

First day almost complete and I already have a question :D

so far I have had 8 pints (4.5litres) of water today and am feeling pretty sick! I want maximum weight loss (of course) so want to make sure Im having plenty.

Can people let me know generally how much water they have a day and the effect it has on their weight loss please?

thanks in advance :)

4 to 5 ltrs per day for me gave great losses and made me feel better in myself too, any more and it had no effect. Dont make yourself sick and also dont gulp it down, steady throughout. ANy less than 3 and I felt bad and lost around 1lb less a week. No more than 5 as I got leg cramps and felt like I was swimming when I walked!

I am on LL not CD and we are told to drink 4 litres minimum per day. I usually have 4-5 litres. if I have less I do feel dehydrated and have that horrible ketosis mouth with white tongue - attractive eh ?:D

Hi Karen

I am drinking 5 to 6 litres a day found it hard at first but I soon got used to it and now its second nature - my skin will be sooo good!! Running to the toilet is the worse side effect however its all extra exercise if you keep moving you must be burning eh?

In as far as weight loss so far after 4 days I have lost 10 pounds so I think that water helps a great deal. AND it fills you up. Mostly when you think you are hungry its your body looking for water so if you drink the hunger goes away

It works me

Good luck....

thanks a lot fr the replies. I will aim for 5 then and do a bit more when the losses slow down.

i thought i'd be starving but i am sooooo stuffed. i struggled to have my 3rd sachet so I am well pleased with my first day. intended on going to the gym tonight but i have had a headache for the last 4 or so hours and m very very tired which is unlike me so will skip that, me thinks!

I cant believe how tastey the foods are. had choc mint for brekky, vanilla with a shot of decaf coffee for lunch and then a chicken & mushroom soup. yummy! hope they r all as nice!

:D cheers for the replies xx

thanks a lot fr the replies. I will aim for 5 then and do a bit more when the losses slow down.

i thought i'd be starving but i am sooooo stuffed. i struggled to have my 3rd sachet so I am well pleased with my first day. intended on going to the gym tonight but i have had a headache for the last 4 or so hours and m very very tired which is unlike me so will skip that, me thinks!

I cant believe how tastey the foods are. had choc mint for brekky, vanilla with a shot of decaf coffee for lunch and then a chicken & mushroom soup. yummy! hope they r all as nice!

:D cheers for the replies xx

Hi! So glad you have had such a great first day. You were wise not to go to the gym. If you do carry on going while SSing please take it very easy.

The headache is not unusual be sure to take pain relief if you get them again, no point in suffering! Good luck for the rest of the week and beyond ofcourse.

Dizzy x

hiya

well done you for doing so well! im on my 3rd week now and cant beleive how good i feel. im on 6 litres per day and my skin is totally amazing! im so energised and bounding about most of the time instead of being sluggish like before. on LL i was told not to go above 6 litre a day (i did drink 7.5 once and i had a horrible bout of green scoots the next day! so wouldnt recommend that much!)
hth and hope your doing well xx

thanks a lot all. I have been having a minimum of 5 but nearer six litres each day and I feel great. I think ketosis kicked in today as I have been so full of energy and feel fantasic. not to mention not being hungry at all.

was very lucky to only have a headache on the first day. on day 3 now and havent suffered with anything since.

the best of all is that I have slept so so well for the last coule of nights. I NEVER sleep properly, never feel rested and am always yawning and tend to get a lil cranky.

However, I am sleeping so deeply for the entire night and actually feel full of beans when waking. I wish I had found this diet long before now!

dunno about the 8 litres jason. good for anyone who can do it and feel ok but i struggle a lot to drink what i am drinking now. am only 5'0 and may drown in that much water lol.

As it is, im spending so much time in the loo, i have decided to re-tile it! may as well spend my time in a better looking environment, eh? lol

Back