How much water is everyone drinking?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by caramelcherry, 7 February 2010 Social URL.

1. caramelcherry

caramelcherry Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.53%)
    Diet:
    Harcombe/Paleo
    I've just restarted LL after a 3stone loss from last year. Trying to finish off to goal and get rid of the rest.

Last year I would drink 3 and a half litres of water and would have pretty good losses.

This year I'm drinking 2/ 2and a half litres. 3 if I'm really good. I know LL have changed their rules stating that we should drink 2 and a half litres and drinking more does not affect weight loss.

Whats everyones experience of this? Is it true the more you drink the more you lose?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    LL doesn't give an amount that has to be drunk now. It's just 'drink to thirst'. Personally I don't think drinking stupid amounts actually speeds up weight loss.
    Current gossip is it's best to drink it ice cold as your metabolism speeds up having to warm it up to digest.
    Just be sensible, stick to the diet and drink when you feel you want some. I used to have 4-5 litres no problem but I think you need less in the cold weather anyway.
    All the best with your journey x

4. CalicoSoneji

CalicoSoneji Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(45.76%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'm attempting to drink about 3 litres a day, but i recon sometimes i only get around 2 litres
    I am always thirsty on this diet though!

5. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

Diet:
    Total Solution
    i drink a gallon at least a day, to keep myself hydrated when hitting the gym

6. missbiker

missbiker Silver Member

Diet:
    SW
    I'm managing about 2.5L + daily, plus extra for foodpacks and coffee. Ken, I couldn't manage 4L + daily....I'd never be off the loo!! LoL

7. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    I aim for 3 to 4 litres a day, though most of that tends to be at night; when I'm at work I get about 1L down throughout the day, then between 5pm and when I go to bed (usually around 1am) I drink another 2-3L but it depends on what I'm doing.

I think as long as you drink enough so that you don't ever feel really thristy, you're doing fine, if you get dehydrated while on LL you'll certainly know it!!!

8. BridgetJones29

BridgetJones29 Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(23.59%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlife
    I dont know about anyone else but i absolutley love the water favourings jelly with the mix, it feels like im getting an extra course and another way to get that water down!!...:bliss:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.