How much water should we drink, so its not dangerous?

princessnicky

I just spoken to my friend who is a nurse and said that drinking too much water can be really bad for you! :eek:I always thought it was good!

So ive researched it on the internet and found out that drinking too much water can cause water intoxication/ over hyrdration, and something to do with the sodium in you body not being replaced quickly enough.

Basically drinking too much water can eventually cause your brain to swell, stopping it regulating vital functions such as breathing, and causing death

But does anyone know how much water is too much??? Im glugging the water and have 5+ litres daily, and down a litre at a time, and now im slighty worried! I know it must be alot of water needed to comsume to cause problems! But still, i cant believe how i didnt know this!

hey im sorry im not sure how much is too much but i did know it can be dangerous as theres been quite a few threads on here b4 about it! i think between 5-6 is fine but anymore than that could possibly be a bit worrying? dont take my word for it tho! if u search up the top about water-how much is too much im sure u'll find loads of answers from people who kno! failing that im sure some1 will be along soon!!
x

So long as you are not drinking it all together and that it is well spaced out during the day there is no reason to worry. I've been drinking at least 5+ litres daily without a problem so far.

someone posted here this week that 900mls per hour is the safe level of water to drink.....

Back