How much weight did you lose before anyone had noticed?

TootyFrooty

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Was just pondering the above question this morning. I have lost 2 stone so far, and have another 6 or so to go so really i'm just at the start of my journey and so far noone has mentioned that they can see a difference in me. I can definitely feel a difference and I think my shape is starting to change so maybe it's more obvious to me than it is to others.

Just wondered how much others had lost before people started noticing and commenting. :)

hi
i also have lost nearly 2 stone and i am the only one who knows as i can feel the difference in my clothes, i think because i need to lose another 6ish as well it wont be noticable to others for a nother stone or so
well done on your loss so far

Thanks Kaz. I notice we were almost the same starting weight. :) I can't wait until people start noticing. It'll make it all worthwhile although right now i'm enjoying not making a big deal out of it and am happy just to keep plodding along. You've done fab too. Well done :)

I imagine until it becomes really obvious people won't want to mention it incase they're wrong.

Yeah Cherry, you could be right. I just think there's no better feeling when someone asks if you've lost weight :)

I lost 4 stone before I had my break (put 1.5st back on) an no one said anything so one day I plucked up the curragh to mention it and found out that loads of people had noticed but were too scared to say anything incase they upset me! I'm back on week 1 now so have a long time before people will notice again :)

I've lost almost 2 stone and no one has said anything other than my sister. I think it might be that people are a little worried of saying anything - obviously my sister isn't worried of offending me! Or perhaps it just isn't that noticeable yet. Although I am starting to notice it myself which is great :)

Thanks for your replies. Maybe that's what it is then. The most important thing is that I notice and i'm continuing to improve my health and wellbeing. :D :D

Good luck on your journeys :)

I lost 2 and a half stone before I or anyone else could tell any difference, it was mad, one day I woke up and nothing fit any more ?????!!!! now after nearly five I am getting quite a few comments.

It may be that people don't like to mention it.

I have lost 2 stone and people have only recently just started noticing, in fact I was getting comments like " but you didn't need to lose 2 stone!" then I would show them a before photo and they soon realised how different I look!
I also think most people are too scared to say anything in case they offend you.
My husband is the only person who noticed within a few weeks of me losing a stone :)

Hi everyone,

Was just pondering the above question this morning. I have lost 2 stone so far, and have another 6 or so to go so really i'm just at the start of my journey and so far noone has mentioned that they can see a difference in me. I can definitely feel a difference and I think my shape is starting to change so maybe it's more obvious to me than it is to others.

Just wondered how much others had lost before people started noticing and commenting. :)

It was fifteen pounds before anyone noticed (who didnt know i was on a diet), i was a little bit less than you on my start bmi. Once I hit thirty pounds (two stone) the compliments started to come thick and fast. At forty pounds it became a permanent topic of conversation to almost everyone i met. Now, at 110 pounds, people dont recognise me. At a customers house on Friday evening. Had been there about two or three times, last time was last year.

Sorting something out and chatting away. He said 'i dont know if it was your partner or brother, but the last person who came from your company said ....." I told him it was me... There's only me....

lol

Those compliments are going to be a flood soon, keep at it.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting those compliments :)

Gazter, that's an amazing story and you've done amazingly well. Massive well done. I really hope I can do as well as you have. Lol at you not noticing your wife's weight loss!! :)

Safia, well done on your weight loss so far. You've done really well. I'll just wait for my first zap then. Hehe :D

Thanks guys. Looking forward to getting those compliments :)

Gazter, that's an amazing story and you've done amazingly well. Massive well done. I really hope I can do as well as you have. Lol at you not noticing your wife's weight loss!! :)

Trust me, there's nothing 'lol' about not noticing....

I lost 2.5 st before people noticed. I think its true that some people are reluctant to mention weight loss. People only started mentioning it to me after I went on a week long bootcamp - I think when I told people I had been away, it opened up the opportunity for them to comment on my weight loss up to that point.

I lost 2.5 st before people noticed. I think its true that some people are reluctant to mention weight loss. People only started mentioning it to me after I went on a week long bootcamp - I think when I told people I had been away, it opened up the opportunity for them to comment on my weight loss up to that point.

People associate rapid weightloss with serious illness, it's an instinctive thing....

I think i was about a stone loss when it was mentioned.. i denied it at first but after 4 months or so i went 'public' with it, and everyone was made up for me.. i even posted a facebook status too, and my facebook friends were supportive too.

i think some people are to shy to say anything, maybe more so with women about asking about weight loss. people can be sensitive about weight, maybe they are not saying anything because they don't want to upset you.

I guess if I don't say then I can't expect people to randomly comment. I've only told my mum, sister and boyfriend (he can't escape it as he has to eat SW too!).

I havent seen my mum since the summer as she lives abroad so I hope she really sees a difference when I see her at Christmas. She's pretty blunt about my weight so I can count on her to be honest!

Back