How much would you expect to pay a handyman?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 30 August 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm getting someone in to lay vinyl in our hall its a small t-shaped hall. Also to put in a cat flap & to fix the ball cock in the loo.

H reckons £80 what do u think?

He goes by the job this guy not daily.

Any ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. cmcewn

cmcewn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    28st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds very reasonable to me. You could pay that just for the ball cock in some places. xx I'd snap his hand off personally :D but don't pay up until you are happy with the job.

4. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm sure H could do this himself! Although, as he is a busy man (and annoying the hell out of you the last time I read one of your posts - are we back to liking him again yet?) I can imagine he would think £80 is reasonable. It sounds alright :) but if it's coming of your pocket, don't be afraid to say 70 in the hope that he'll say fine 75 and then you will have saved a fiver x

5. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks ladies. H is absolutely useless at diy. I'd do it myself but my big bump gets in the way lol.

H is still in the bad books although he redeemed himself slightly today by cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, toilet & hall. X

6. nay

nay Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ahh bless, what did he do?

7. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm 34 wks preggers & he's been really unsupportive not helping in house etc We've been having a few problems. I'm finding this pregnancy hard as have a 20mth old boy too. We've so much to do b4 babs arrives but he's not very helpful just sleeping all the time as does nite work but things slighty better now.

The bloody handyman whose suppose to do all jobs couldn't do half the things & hasn't even got back with my quote since last wed, so hoping my friends h can fit it in

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.