How much would you expect to pay a handyman?

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm getting someone in to lay vinyl in our hall its a small t-shaped hall. Also to put in a cat flap & to fix the ball cock in the loo.

H reckons £80 what do u think?

He goes by the job this guy not daily.

Any ideas?

Sounds very reasonable to me. You could pay that just for the ball cock in some places. xx I'd snap his hand off personally :D but don't pay up until you are happy with the job.

I'm sure H could do this himself! Although, as he is a busy man (and annoying the hell out of you the last time I read one of your posts - are we back to liking him again yet?) I can imagine he would think £80 is reasonable. It sounds alright :) but if it's coming of your pocket, don't be afraid to say 70 in the hope that he'll say fine 75 and then you will have saved a fiver x

Thanks ladies. H is absolutely useless at diy. I'd do it myself but my big bump gets in the way lol.

H is still in the bad books although he redeemed himself slightly today by cleaning the kitchen, bathroom, toilet & hall. X

Ahh bless, what did he do?

Ahh bless, what did he do?

I'm 34 wks preggers & he's been really unsupportive not helping in house etc We've been having a few problems. I'm finding this pregnancy hard as have a 20mth old boy too. We've so much to do b4 babs arrives but he's not very helpful just sleeping all the time as does nite work but things slighty better now.

The bloody handyman whose suppose to do all jobs couldn't do half the things & hasn't even got back with my quote since last wed, so hoping my friends h can fit it in

Back