How often should we do body measurments?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Bigmama2littlemama, 25 February 2007 Social URL.

1. Bigmama2littlemama

Bigmama2littlemama Full Member

Hi, Should it be weekly or monthly? I tend to do it weekly/fortnightly, but I dont really see a change even though Im losing on the scales. When do you see big drops in inches? Do you think its every stone or less? Thanks bm2lm xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. naomi1611

naomi1611 Will B Slim

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    17st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(3.85%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi
    I think if you do ot monthly you may see a change.

4. Jemax

Jemax Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi

I take my measurements at the beginning of each month, any sooner than that and you don't tend to see the changes. I highly recommend it, I lost 8.5 inches last month, as the months go by they will add up to significant loses.

5. lisaloooo

lisaloooo Full Member

Well my CDC told me to do it weekly but to be honest I don't see changes each week so I think monthly would be much more motivational as you would definately see a good loss :)

6. Happe

Happe escaping the fat

Start Weight:
    23st5lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st10.5lb(16.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Doing mine on the 1st of every month. Its a real boost cos sometimes its hard to acknwledge that youve gotten smaller in the mirroe but the tape measure doesnt lie.

7. polishrose

polishrose Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st8lb
    Current Weight:
    19st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(9.93%)
    Diet:
    exantecambridge
    Yep I'm going to do mine monthly as well :)

8. Shrinking Nicky

Shrinking Nicky Cambridge Diet Counsellor

I always measure my customers every week (or visit if they come less often). I measure in cm - sounds like more when it is weekly.

I measure, tummy, waist, hips, chest, both thighs, both upper arms. As well as individual measurements my spreadsheet shows the total loss over all measurements for the week, the cumulative loss since they started the diet & for each measurement the % of their start measurement they have lost....I find it really inspires & the weeks they don't lose much weight the cm usually drop off.

Nicky
    CDC Swindon

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.