Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How our Body shape and Build affects or size

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by JimmyShoo, 1 November 2009 Social URL.

1. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.32%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi All

I find it bizarre that we all dream of being a certain size in our minds but it is all down to body shape and build.

During a convo with my Mum yesterday i was saying at 10stone i would be a size 10 but at 10.3 my mum is a size 16, its bizarre isn't it.

So all the so called Size Zero things must be a myth, am i being blonde here or correct.

I bought a size 12 dress yesterday.......ok its stretchy but the 16 and the 14 i tried on first hung off me.

Chuffed to bits tbh its a little morale booster anyways.

Love to you all keep glugging xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. misspinkkat

misspinkkat Can hug her knees :)

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.31%)
    Diet:
    CD. Ss
    it is really strange isnt it, I was 10.5 stone in year 10 at school, i felt so fat because all of my friends were pencil shaped and i had boobs and hips, stupid thing is I look back at those pics and I no way looked 10.5 stone, my sons god mother is an older woman ind is a really round shape and a larger lady she is only 3 or so inches shorter than me but at the same dress size weighs a good 2 stone less than me, I dont like scales, they have a lot to answer for :)
    xx

4. misspinkkat

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.31%)
    Diet:
    CD. Ss
    oh and really well done on the size 12 dress thats fab news xx

5. aloize

aloize Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(18.65%)
    I don't get this either.
    I am 5'8 and generally can fit into 16-18 when 14 stone, 14-16 when 13 stone,12-14 when 12 stone, 10-12 when 11 stone etc (never been below this).

Some people might think this is strange as i have a friend who is 10 stone but is size 14. It just depends on height i guess. I always thought I was 'big boned' (mostly because people said "you're not fat, you're just big boned" what a joke- i was FAT.

Also it depends what shops you go into. At 11stone i can wear size 10 tesco clothes but can't fit in dorothy perkins size 12 jeans. how weird. I have to stop looking at labels!

6. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Labels and scales mean jack $hit in the matching stakes :D

I learnt this years ago

I have size 14 whistles trousers i can JUST about do up..... but am in size 12 Dorothy perkins work trousers no bother. Some shops really have no idea on sizes.

I just buy what suits now.

p.s im still a scales addict since buying some though *help :( *

misspinkkat likes this.
  7. misspinkkat

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(23.31%)
    Diet:
    CD. Ss
    I'm a scales addict too, not looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow at all because mine havent moved this week even though I know I have been 100% :( xx

mrsessex likes this.
  8. jlm

jlm Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    yeah it is pretty weird, and one of the reasons why my friends never think Im fat (i dont tell them what i weigh) at 14 stone 4 when starting CD a month ago i was in 16-18 (friends guessing my weight all said 12 stone), I am now 13st 4 and yesterday managed to get into size 14 skinny jeans and bought a size 12 dress last week despite having big boobs. This makes people wonder why i would bother dieting as a 14 is fairly acceptable these days. I imagine when i get to 12 stone i will be in a 12/14 and 11stone a size 10 -12, I would still be overweight then so if i got to 10st 4 which is BMI of 25 for me (so still hardly a waif) I imagine I would be a size 8 -10 which would be tiny. But my mum is a size 8 (about 2 inches smaller than me) and weighs 8 stone. I imagine I would be wasting away at that weight even though wouldnt be underweight by BMI!

9. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am 5ft9 with a big tum and big bangers so even when I was 11 and a half stone I was a 14/16 on bottom and 18/20 tops, annoying thing is my legs and bum are much slimmer and I found it really hard to get comfy pants for waist which showed off my legs. I found it easier to wear skirts-that way covered up tum,but showed off legs.Can't wait to go and buy a load of trendy above the knee skirts again when at goal.

10. sugalipz247

sugalipz247 Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with that i love my new scales but they have hardly moved this week too.

As for dress sizes i remeber i was wearing a size 18 when i was around 17 stone . i find it hard to guess wot size i will be when i lose weight cause i have big boobs which im sure weigh at least a stone hopig i'll lose most of them would love to be a c or d cup!

11. JimmyShoo

JimmyShoo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(27.32%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Glad i am not the only one who is confuzzled by this then My Mum is 5ft and i am 5ft 4, so i suppose this is where the difference is.

Mrs T i have Big Bangers too though they have shrunk from a G cup to a D (which is where i want them to stay). If they disappear i will get one of those bra's that seem to have a lilo LOL in the cup.

Muchas Lovas xx

12. Mrs Taurus

Mrs Taurus Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st2lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st1lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.97%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    At my slimmest m and measured me a 36 E !I was gutted that mine never made it any smaller x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.