How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really helpful thread for those of us who are considering joining Slimming World, thanks very much Squiddie, and everyone else who posted their advice.

can someone just make these clear for me freefood on EE is all the red and green freefood combined. the hea/heb is one each and syns up to 15 that simple - i just need to make it clear in my mind cheers

Thanks

I am a newbie and this is a great help to me as Extra Easy wasn't there when I was with SW last time x

Thanks Squiddie x

can someone just make these clear for me freefood on EE is all the red and green freefood combined. the hea/heb is one each and syns up to 15 that simple - i just need to make it clear in my mind cheers

Sounds like you've got it! Just to clarify though;

For Extra Easy, food that is free on Green and food that is free on Red is free on Extra Easy.

One A and one B, you can pick a B from either plan as they differ.

And 15 syns per day - please try and use them all and definately no less than 10.

If a food is 4 syns on Red and 2 syns on Green, then you count 2 syns - always count the lowest value.

Good luck!

am thinking of trying sw at home , is there anywhere i can get a list of the free foods and healthy extras? i realsie that there's a wealth of info on this section so any help would be much appreciated

Unfortunately, due to copyright laws we are unable to write up lists of free foods and healthy extras. However if you go to Slimming World - because you're amazing there is a 7-day sample menu. If you want to go for Slimming World, but money is tight your best bet is to go to a group, get all the books and ask all the questions you need to, and get answers from someone who knows what they're talking about! Then you don't have to go back as you'll have all the info you need. It'll be the best £15 you ever spend!

Hope that helps,

Natt x

They also recommend on EE that you add either 1/3 or 2/3's ( can't remember exactly) of your plate with superfree foods to help with the weight loss,

thanks everyone, one of my mates has lent me some of her books so i wreckon i can cobble something together!! did do sw about 10 years ago and the basics dont seem to have changed so should be ok (fingers croseed!!)

I have done slimming world years ago and managed to lose 3 stone with ease, but since giveing it a try again i just dont seem to be loseing anything its really getting me down. i seem to do EE or GREEN DAYS please give me some insperation so i dont just give up like i always do. xxx

What a fantastic explanation! I am doing SW for the second time after losing 3 stone the first! Contentment has got a lot to answer for!! Now back to square one, I joined this site for motivation and extra support. Have read this and wow- I know I can do it- i have done it before and WILL do it again. I know everyone says " go back to week1" but it is so true and after this that is exactloy what i will be doing! Thanks so much. Wishing you al the best with your journey too! x

This is my second time too. I have found that i am gaining all the time with green days, where it was green that helped me so much last time. I spoke to my consultant and she suggested that i really shake up my recipes and not eat the same old things all the time. I am trying red days which i never did before. Keep smiling- you know you can do it!

This is my second time too. I have found that i am gaining all the time with green days, where it was green that helped me so much last time. I spoke to my consultant and she suggested that i really shake up my recipes and not eat the same old things all the time. I am trying red days which i never did before. Keep smiling- you know you can do it!

Hi Butterfly,

I found that I was gaining doing Green days when I started doing SW in January. In March I started to do more Red days and I managed to lose the weight!

Now I do a mixture of Green, Red, EE and Mix2Max to maintain. If I do start to gain a little, I always try to add a few more Red days again which seems to do the trick.

just wanted to say thanksfor this thread. it has cleared up a few queries i had. starting slimming world for the first time this week. cant afford to go to a club for a couple of weeks thanks to a massive bill this month, but thought i could at least get to grips with the plan and lose a few pounds in the meantime, and then going to club will keep me going.

thanks again its been a big help! x

I can't afford class just at the moment too, but I know this site is going to give me the support I need and this particular thread has been very helpful. Put me straight on a few things I can tell you!! Thanks everyone.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back