How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh by the way how do you get your SW awards in the bottom of your post?:confused:

How to add Slimming World Awards to you Signature
It is rather simple really. You take the address from the Slimming World site and change the numbers. This is the URL for whole stones:

Code:
http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/images/awards_images/1_stone.jpg
Then change the number to which ever award you want:

Code:
http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/images/awards_images/2_stone.jpg
Then do the same with the half awards:

Code:
http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/images/awards_images/0_half_stone.jpg
Again change it to what you want;
Code:
  http://www.slimmingworld.com/lifelineonline/images/awards_images/3_half_stone.jpg
Then to add to your signature, click this button:

signature-1.jpg

Then copy and paste the address of the award you want into the pop-up box;

pasteUrl.jpg

You’re done! Repeat for each award you want (just be aware you have a character limit)

sigDone.jpg

Congratulations to the original poster for setting out all the information, it's very easy to understand for newcomers. I have been doing Slimming world for 3/4 weeks (on my own)and I think it's great.I have only lost a few pounds but I feel better and have lost some of my bloated tummy.
One question-when I have used my(2 x HEa) plus (2 x HEb) do I have to count as Syns any extra items in the Healthy Option list?
By the way I bought my S W books from E bay.
Sue

Last edited:
This is a fab thread, esp Squiddie's posts (so informative). I joined SW last week after feeling increasingly disillusioned by another diet and so far I am amazed how much I can eat and still be losing weight (I must have lost - a week ago I was 4lb or 5lb MORE in late evenings than this week!) I went to a meeting and also bought the big book (Food Directory). Such useful information, esp being able to check things (like syns for olives) here.

Thank you Squiddie

I've just read you opening post and think it's great.

I'm a returner. I lost a stone earlier this year and stopped the SW plan, stuffed my face and put it back on again:break_diet:

So, I plan to stay and will come bck to your post a lot.

Thanks again
Tina

Hi Squiddie, Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to put all that information together. It is so helpful as a newbie, not just the Slimming World stuff but also how to do things to your signature, etc. Keep it up with any other snippets of info you may have. Thanks again - I'm feeling inspired!!! x

Hi Squiddie, just a quick note to say thanks for all the effort you have put into your posts. As a newbie (only joined Slimming World last week) not only was the info on Slimming World useful but all the information about how to add to your signature was excellent. I am no where near as confused as I was. I reckon this site will definitely encourage me!! Thanks again.

Hi all, My very first post! I have been doing weight watchers for the past 3 months and have lost just over a stone recently though I have come to a stand still so have decided to try slimming world again.

I started yesterday but I have a few queries I just need to ask. I am fine with the HE section and what foods are free etc, its just I need to know how many syns i should have a day in order to loose weight? also if i dont eat them all what is the maximum I can carry over each day to save for a weekend?

Thanks in advance,
Clare

Hi Clare - welcome along hun!
You can have up to 15 syns a day but don't go below 5. There are different thoughts on carrying syns over - some start with 105 for the week and count down, some (like me) have 15 a day and if I don't use them, I don't bank them, they're just gone. It's up to you really.
Your consultant will be able to advise your further but that's it in a nutshell!!

Hello I am new here, and wanted to say basically the same as everyone else! What a great list its exactly what I was looking for,so thank you

Cathy
xx

I would like to buy the newest slimming world book that tells you how to do the diet. Can you tell me the name and author of the most updated book please? I really want to try this diet but I am having a hard time finding the whole story on how to do it. I live in Canada so I am not sure I can buy it here. But firstly I need the title. Thanks again for help.

what exactly is success express and also what is the ff plan?

Success Express is a alternative plan to use if you are struggling to lose weight after having a plataeu of 6 weeks or more of following the traditional (Green/Original or Extra Easy) plans.

Fast Forward is also an alternative plan, but it is only to be used after trying all other routes and only under the supervision of your consultant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back