How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fab post!!!!

Ive done slimming world before, however currently on my cambridge journey. Reason for my post is my plan is to get to target on cambridge and then join slimming world to maintain. How best is it to join? Is if best to join before reaching target? Not sure how it all works xx

Hello everyone. i'm joining SW tomorrow, but have used my old books from previous go. I need to lose about 5 stone. I am a cheese addict.

This is a fab post!!!!

Ive done slimming world before, however currently on my cambridge journey. Reason for my post is my plan is to get to target on cambridge and then join slimming world to maintain. How best is it to join? Is if best to join before reaching target? Not sure how it all works xx

You'll have to join before reaching target, there's a reason for this: they'll only let you join a group if you have at least 7lbs to lose - it's not them being mean, it's so they don't have perfectly healthy people (usually young women) becoming underweight and that whole body image issue. I'd join before anyway to get into the swing of it rather than getting to target then being overwhelmed by a new plan. Hope that helps - Natt

This is,so useful thank you

Always a lovely recap when rejoining after time away. Thank you

Quick question. I haven't managed to ask in group yet.

Does is matter if i have the odd dinner without my 1/3 superfree? As i'm doing it to a budget and i tend to run out of superfree for a couple of days lol. I'm not saying thats its every meal. Just the odd one.

Thanks in advance!

Quick question. I haven't managed to ask in group yet.

Does is matter if i have the odd dinner without my 1/3 superfree? As i'm doing it to a budget and i tend to run out of superfree for a couple of days lol. I'm not saying thats its every meal. Just the odd one.

Thanks in advance!

You'll be fine :)

This is the Official Slimming World Answer
Superfree Foods are those foods that are really low in energy density (calories per gram), extra satisfying and extra healthy, which help to optimise weight loss.

We'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food at mealtimes – where it makes sense – ensuring that your weight loss stays fast, effective and very motivating.

There is no need to add Superfree Food to Healthy Extra meals, because there’s already a control built in. Beans on toast? The toast is either a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice or Syns. You don’t have to add Brussels sprouts or cabbage or lettuce or cucumber etc – unless of course you want to.

Spag bol? This is a Free Food meal, so if you want to serve a smaller portion and make room on your plate for a nice crisp salad or fresh veg, that’s great, but it’s not a requirement, it’s a choice.

Source: Slimming World | Why include one third of a plate of Supe...

Thank you so much :)

Thanks so much that was really helpful! X

Fantastic thread! Thank you for clearing up a few things. Joined a few months ago, lost 9 1/2 lb but now seems to be hovering at around 9st 11-9st 12. now, I'll be honest, for a about 3-four weeks, i haven't lost anything and didn't follow the plan properly. But started again 2 weeks ago and still haven't lost anything... Is that a backlash to not following it for a few weeks? Thanks again for your info.

Fantastic thread! Thank you for clearing up a few things. Joined a few months ago, lost 9 1/2 lb but now seems to be hovering at around 9st 11-9st 12. now, I'll be honest, for a about 3-four weeks, i haven't lost anything and didn't follow the plan properly. But started again 2 weeks ago and still haven't lost anything... Is that a backlash to not following it for a few weeks? Thanks again for your info.

No there shouldn't be any basklash or any "catchup" from the week before or anything like that. When you say you started again did you start again as if is was your first week or did you start again on your version? Did you have a 1/3 of your plate full of superfree food? Did you weigh and count your Healhty Extra's? Did you check and double check your syns? Did you have between 5 and 15 and make sure you have them every single day? I would say give it another fresh week. Treat the week as if its your first week checking all those things I've just mentioned and being really positive, if you're still not seeing results (I'd be really surprised!) have a talk with your consultant because there's something else going on.

Don't give up, stay with it - imagine, believe, achieve.

Take care, hope that helps,

Natt

No there shouldn't be any basklash or any "catchup" from the week before or anything like that. When you say you started again did you start again as if is was your first week or did you start again on your version? Did you have a 1/3 of your plate full of superfree food? Did you weigh and count your Healhty Extra's? Did you check and double check your syns? Did you have between 5 and 15 and make sure you have them every single day? I would say give it another fresh week. Treat the week as if its your first week checking all those things I've just mentioned and being really positive, if you're still not seeing results (I'd be really surprised!) have a talk with your consultant because there's something else going on.

Don't give up, stay with it - imagine, believe, achieve.

Take care, hope that helps,

Natt

Fab advice thanks have had a bad week too...life getting on top of me but this helps keep me,going

So basically, if I wanted to have say a Chicken Curry with Rice for dinner on the EE plan, I don't have to have any super free foods since Chicken Curry & Rice are both free foods?

No you need yo always have a third super free on your plate with ee. Some people have their super free before of after but I personally find that doesn't work for me and it's not really how the plan is designed

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Oh maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I have fruit as snacks during the day but maybe I should be putting some veg in my main meals too!

Hi I have a quick question I have the food optimising guide for the red & green days I also have the list of foods you can eat on a green day and red day from the original plan. I also have the healthy extra lists for each day. Anyway I want to do the EE diet plan so basically all that's on the green and red day free food lists can I mix them and have from both list and they will be free or is there a different food list for the EE plan?

Hi I have a quick question I have the food optimising guide for the red & green days I also have the list of foods you can eat on a green day and red day from the original plan. I also have the healthy extra lists for each day. Anyway I want to do the EE diet plan so basically all that's on the green and red day free food lists can I mix them and have from both list and they will be free or is there a different food list for the EE plan?

In a word? Sort of. You need to have a third of your plate filled with super free, so foods that are free on both of your lists, so say you take chicken from red and potatoes from green you need a third to be say carrots. The healthy extras are slightly different. It's only 1 A and 1 B choice each day they are principally the same but don't include ones that are now free foods on EE.

If you can I would try to get to a class, even if it's just once, that way you can get all the most up to date information and ask as many questions as you like and be sure to get to the correct answers. I realise not everyone can get to groups for a varierty of reasons, but also you must appreciate I can't write out the books! (As much as I'd like to!)

Sorry I can't be more help,
Natt

In a word? Sort of. You need to have a third of your plate filled with super free, so foods that are free on both of your lists, so say you take chicken from red and potatoes from green you need a third to be say carrots. The healthy extras are slightly different. It's only 1 A and 1 B choice each day they are principally the same but don't include ones that are now free foods on EE.

If you can I would try to get to a class, even if it's just once, that way you can get all the most up to date information and ask as many questions as you like and be sure to get to the correct answers. I realise not everyone can get to groups for a varierty of reasons, but also you must appreciate I can't write out the books! (As much as I'd like to!)

Sorry I can't be more help,
Natt

i understand Natt thanks anyway. Yeah my problem is I can't get to a class either. I tried seeing if I can get the books on Amazon or Ebay but I'm not to sure if if I'm finding the right thing lol. Anyway I think I understand how it works. For me to make sure I get superfree foods in I need to have 2 items from my green list. Last question do I have to do this for lunch & dinner or just one or the other?

i understand Natt thanks anyway. Yeah my problem is I can't get to a class either. I tried seeing if I can get the books on Amazon or Ebay but I'm not to sure if if I'm finding the right thing lol. Anyway I think I understand how it works. For me to make sure I get superfree foods in I need to have 2 items from my green list. Last question do I have to do this for lunch & dinner or just one or the other?

Chug, they say to have superfree with each meal. But the odd day doesnt matter. And you dont need to have superfree with your meal if your meal is used on your healthy extras eg, if you weetabix with milk for breakfast then you dont really need any superfree :)

Natt correct me if im wrong :)

Chug, if you type in the box on ebay slimming world starter pack 2014, they come up. theyre roughly around £20. You can't go wrong :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back