How Snowy are You today?

Its snowing in Taunton in Somerset - I am so excited. My boss however drives a 4x4 and said "don't fret everyone, I will pick you all up if it gets thick in the morning" you can imagine our response........................:mad:

Oh god if my boss had said that i would of been so angry. He did spend the morning telling me drive in until i said my car tyres wont grip the road

Well im in not so sunny fife. Been snowing all day and shows no signs of stopping. My OH went to work this morning and took him nearly an hour to get to work. May not sound bad but its usually a 10 minute drive! Also had my DD out on my balcony playing in the snow earlier, its her 1st real experience of the stuff. Wasnt too sure bless er! Hope everybody keeps warm and safe.

xx

Ooo I was so excited this morning! It is pretty heavy around here for Gr London (or so was I told). I am used to much more snow! :D But I won't complain :D

I woke up extra early this morning, with the intention of getting a bus to school (I am a secondary school teacher) but waited 20 minutes till bf called me to tell that the buses were cancelled :confused:

I called my school in a panic state because I didn't have any cover: I couldn't get through, it was always busy. I tried emailing, no answer either! I couldn't drive as I live in an area with a lot of slopes and it is semi-rural (several cars and a van were blocked in my lane this morning). And then, when I was about to walk to school (it is at least a hour!:rolleyes:) I was told that the school was closed. Honeslty, they could have told us earlier, because it is ok for me, it is my job, but parents...I don't know what they will have done with their kids at the last minute! (the annoucement was made at 9am, hum hum :rolleyes:)

Anyway, I sympathise with people who can't work from home. I had the chance to do so many things today. And I am sure my pupils won't have missed me :p.

It is so sweet to see the kids playing though! I even went for a snowball fight with some of the students living in my area: I am sure I have lost at least a lb. Is it me or some of them were sadistically pleased to "snowball" their French teacher :p:p:p

We've just had a couple of flurries in Northern Ireland - hoping for more overnight! :)

I'm 3 miles south of Manchester and we've got a light cover...however it did take me over an hour to drive 5 miles !

i'm in London.....my work closed at 1 pm today as staff just couldn't get in ( i work in a health club ) , my daughters school is closed today and will probably stay closed tomorrow as more snow is forecast and my husband works in central london but our local underground station is closed so hes at home as well....what a fun day!!!!!! :)

hes at home as well....what a fun day!!!!!! :)

I so agree. I know it is a difficult situation for some people, but it was so nice to see parents and children sleighing in the fields today! I could hear their laughters from my flat, and it made me happy :) (and kept me from thinking about food, but that's another story :rolleyes:)

I can live with the disruption as long as people stay safe. Thought I was gonna die today travelling on the A1 at 6am, it was so horrific.
Trouble with my job is, I have to get in (35 miles) and cant not attend work as then there'd be no police on the roads.
Sometimes, my job sucks lol x

10 miles north east of manchester - at least 4 inches in last 4 hours! Bet we have to risk life and limb to get to work tomorrow!

i hate snow:( it's times like this that make me miss Indonesia;( I want it to be summer already:/
There is quite a bit of snow here in Leeds, but not that much. Shops were still open, and buses were still available:) but tons of people didn't show up for work, so i've been even more busy taking calls from angry, verbally abusive people:/ ah, the wonderfullness of debt collection...

stoke on trent is about 3inches, roads not to bad, side road are terrible, still snowing but very fine, my daughter's boyfriend knocked the front wheel of the car getting me so milk and now we cant drive it. glad someone made it to work for tesco insurance today as they are picking car up tomorrow :)
expensive bottle of milk lol
take care everyone
maria xx

Weeeeee are snowy!! woohoo! :)
lots of snow and more falling now! :D

Pics to follow!

I live around 20 mins walk away from Kings cross London and decided to go for a walk to check out the snow everywhere. My gosh the paths are soo slippery! Not snowing anymore, but now its melting into a giant slushie!!!!!

I have added some pics in my profile album.. not sure how to add them here without uploading them again... :rolleyes:

But we've had fun! lol

Back