How soon do you come out of ketosis?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Mrs V, 11 July 2007 Social URL.

1. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all.

I am beating myself up this morning as last night, I fell off the wagon big style (kebab and chips and 3 chocolate biscuits!).
    :break_diet:
    My question is, how soon will this take me out of ketosis?
    I am back today afresh and persevering and hating myself for this lapse.
    :sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kazbro

kazbro jelly belly

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.58%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    i`m not a cdc but with all the carbs in the meal you had i would say pretty much straight away

our bodies are sensitive little things and in my case the 1st signs of carbs would bring me out almost immediately

dont fret though just carry on you`ll succeed

kaz:D

4. minime

minime Gold Member

I'd agree with Kaz, but if you are straight back on the wagon you'll most likely get back into ketosis quickly. Stick with it.

5. carebear1

carebear1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Current Weight:
    23st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Celeb slim
    Yeah i agree with the above too! on monday i fell of the wagon and had half a packet of cheese puffs(family bag) and half a bag of honey & butter popcorn and one poptart and i tested yesterday for ketosis and the strip color was the next one after the trace so i was not in ketosis.

6. Fuzzys Angel

Fuzzys Angel The Lovely James Hetfield

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Unfortunately you come out of ketosis very quickly if eating carbs BUT good news get straight back on track, plenty of water to flush it through & you'll get back into it just as quick....xxx

7. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you all for your replies. I knew I shouldn't have eaten it, but I can't beat myself up any longer!!
    I am not giving up this fight.

8. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Oh Mrs V !! It really isn't the end of the world BUT you must definately get your head in the zone and hang on in there, if you drink the water and stay abstinant then by the weekend you will be back into ketosis and cooking fat for fun again.

You do need though to look in your own mind at why you ate, what was the trigger, did it really taste that good etc etc and how next time you are going to deal with the situation differently so you don't eat otherwise the diet is going to be very tough and if you can get your head on it the diet can be good fun (you can quote me on that!)

Anyway don't think about the past, set your sights on the future and the new you and don't let this slip up derail you.

Go for it!

Mike

Last edited: 11 July 2007
    Geri likes this.
  9. minime

minime Gold Member

I'd love to have icemoose sitting on my shoulder to scare away the chatterbox moments, lol. Can only say I think he will be fab as a life coach.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.