Extra Easy how strictly do you follow the 1/3 SF rule?

emma-louise

Silver Member
hey everyone :)

i was just wondering how strictly everyone else follows the 1/3 superfree rule? because i dont feel like ive been getting anywhere near the 1/3 superfree nearly every day this week and WI is on tuesday :cry: the past three weeks ive had good losses but ive been eating huge amounts of fruit and veg and im a bit worried that now im not having as much, i maybe wont even get a loss at all :(

ive had a look at some food diaries and it does seem like there are plenty of people who do EE who seem to manage without having their 1/3 superfree but still get good losses (i dont want to name any names and get anyone into trouble :p) but maybe its just the way they write down their food diaries.... i dunno, im just panicking because i do feel like i have to prove myself to people, that i can follow SW eat as much as i do and still lose weight...

its either been down to lack of fruit in the house which comes down to money (or lack of it) or just having meals that arent really superfree friendly :( apart from this, i feel like ive been really good this week and im gonna be super disappointed if i dont manage a loss :cry:

can someone tell me am i being paranoid or does 1/3 superfree really matter that much??

lol i don't always get my 1/3 rd superfree in with every meal .... i try to with my main meals but not with my desserts or snacks in the day... i'm am still loosing weight every week, (even a small loss for me is still better then putting it on !! ) .... i think it depends on how quickly you want to loose the weight ! ... i don't go to class so for me its a change of eating habbits for life and not a diet as such ... e.g. if i go out and eat out i'm not going to syn it or worry about my 1/3rd superfree.... i'm going to enjoy it and have diet friendly meals the rest of the day :D ... i would have done before the diet and not thought anything of it :)

i can't live the rest of my life worrying about syns everytime i go out i just have to be realistic in what i am eating ... e.g if i go to mac d's have a burger and no chips (or small chips) and a diet coke ... rather then a burger, large fries and large coke ! :) ..... either way its still not 1/3rd superfree but healthier then what i used to eat :)

xxx

I would say it is quite important as the point of it is to fill you up so you eat less of the carbs and protein.
If you struggle with having enough fruit and veg, why not try red or green days where there is no 1/3 superfree rule, you just cut down on meat (wallet-friendly) or starch?

Then again, 10lb gone so far you're beating me by a long way so you must have found something that works for you! :) :)

I think it's important to try, but I know if I'm doing EE I sometimes don't do it for breakfast. Just because by the time I've had my toast/weetabix or something, I'm full. And I think, why should I have some fruit/veg with this when I'm not actually hungry anymore?

my breakfast is usually a hi fi bar and some fruit, lunch is usually couscous with fish and salad veg (not 1/3 tho) but my dinner is a small bit of meat usually chicken then bulked out with lots and lots of veg

I would say it is quite important as the point of it is to fill you up so you eat less of the carbs and protein.
If you struggle with having enough fruit and veg, why not try red or green days where there is no 1/3 superfree rule, you just cut down on meat (wallet-friendly) or starch?

Then again, 10lb gone so far you're beating me by a long way so you must have found something that works for you! :) :)

i have tried to do some red and green days but they are very few and far between at the mo :( im pretty sure everyone on the forum is sick of me banging on about living with my parents at the mo and it being difficult, but everytime i reach for the scales to weigh healthy extras my mum has a go at me for being "obsessed" and telling me to lighten up, so much so that ive started weighing and measuring my healthy extras in secret :eek: ridiculous i know!! but it really does make red and green days much harder for me with having to weigh chicken, jackets, pasta etc... :rolleyes:

I think it's important to try, but I know if I'm doing EE I sometimes don't do it for breakfast. Just because by the time I've had my toast/weetabix or something, I'm full. And I think, why should I have some fruit/veg with this when I'm not actually hungry anymore?

ironically brekkie is the the one meal where i actually seem to be managing to get my 1/3 in!! i tend to have weetabix/porridge with chopped banana and raspberries/blueberries. i do agree with you about eating when youre full, i often find myself panicking after dinner thinking i need to eat fruit to get my 1/3 SF in, but at the same time i really want to get away from eating when im already full as that is a big part of how i put all this weight on in the first place! :( thank you for the help guys xx

Back