How the heck can I possibly stay slim while eating?!!

marymcd

Well, here I am. Just finished refeed on Monday after having lost over 4 stone. Started eating normal on Tuesday and have no idea how I can possibly maintain, let alone, lose a few more pounds!!! But, here I go.
It's been a great week trying all those foods I once loved. I know I'm not supposed to. But, in my defense, I needed to get it out of my system and I did! Pizza - not nearly as good as I remember! Chocolate - only ok. Fig roll - not great at all. It brought home that my taste buds really have changed and this is my chance to keep it that way.
So, fruit (2 pieces minimum!) is being eaten every day. And yogurt (who, me?) every day. And, instead of cereal, 2 slices of toast and tea every ,morning, 1 slice of toast is doing me just fine. It's amazing and awesome and I am very happy. But, so far haven't lost any more weight even though I started ww this week. Will see how it goes. I agreed with my chemist to get some more shakes if I don't lose this week. I want to lose another 10-odd pounds and at least 5 of that in the next 3 weeks before my holidays. Will play it by ear.
This Saturday I go out for my first night out in forever! Just drinking, no food. God help the scales the next day but will see.
I was reading on another website that it can take up to 6 months for your body to adjust to eating again. Can anybody experienced tell me their take on this? Anyway, hope to hear some good stories and am going to hunt those down that have maintained for a long time to try and gain from their wisdom.
Happy maintaining everybody! We did lipotrim for a long time. I, for one, will not allow myself to screw up! Anybody with me?!!!!:p

Hi Mary and welcome to maintainence.
There are a few of us on here that have managed to maintain our losses (within a few lb range) for quite some time now. Have a goose at our diaries. You'll see we go through good phases and bad phases.

The one thing that were all pretty much agreed on is that keeping track of everything you eat really does help :)

It's all about knowing when to stop and when to pull it back a bit. If you are determined enough then you will succeed. Look forward to hearing about your journey x

We're all with you Mary ... that's why we hang around these boards all this time. It's the single most effective way to keep the weight off ... or at the very least a great aid!!!

I have to say I'm not surprised you haven't lost any more weight yet if you've been eating pizza, chocolate and fig rolls etc. You're lucky if you've sts!

You say you finished refeed on Monday - how long did you do? Most of us did at least 2 weeks and then took it really easy to see how much we could 'get away' with before putting any weight on.

Be careful with the drinking, enjoy it but be aware you'll feel the effects very quickly, won't be able to drink nearly as much as you used to (not at first anyway) and please don't do it on an empty stomach. I'm guessing though that when you say no food you mean on the night out, but do have a good healthy meal before you go won't you :)

Well done on your losses! :D

Best of luck and stick around! x

So Tanya, do you still keep track of what you eat even a year later? That's interesting because I thought you'd just get used to it and it would become second nature after a while. Good to know. I will have to start reading the older threads - I have to make the time.
When I say I ate all those things Jan - I only tried them - like, I had one piece of chocolate, half a fig roll, etc. I only did one week refeed - and I put up 1/2 a pound but it was my totm too. This week, my scale is showing I've maintained. In eating all those things too, I still stayed within my ww points. So, I think I'm doing ok. I figured I'll be drunk very quickly on a couple of beers so I'm mentally prepared! At least it'll be a cheap night out!!!!
Thanks for the words of support. These forums really do help. I would never have done 13 weeks of tfr without them and I think maintenance will be the same. I can't check in every day but try to catch up as much as I can. Here's to a successful week. It is very scary still.

Staying on the boards definitely helps! I still log all I consume after over 2 years since finishing TFR. For me it's about accountability AND about getting the support for those times we're really struggling.

At the end of the day we're all in the same boat and we all know what it's like - particularly how difficult it is to maintain - losing the weight is the easy bit. If it wasn't we (most of us anyway) wouldn't have a history of yo-yoing.

Enjoy your night out :) x

Yep, still 20months on I write down everything. The only time I don't is if I'm on holiday but I'm still very mindful of what I eat.

Personally I think that's where people go 'wrong' ... They see it as second nature, they dont need to write it down etc etc but I truely believe it's the most important thing to help with maintainence.

I'm guessing there are people out there who have maintained without keeping a diary.

I think there are 2 types of 'dieters' if you like. The 'one-offs' and the 'serials'. It's my belief that 'one-offs' have gained weight for a specific reason - maybe had a baby, maybe been extremely active and got an injury or lost the active job, maybe through an illness or some such life situation. They realise what's going on, sort it out and either get their old lifestyle back so issue over or adapt to their new one. It's my guess that these people wouldn't have to diary their intake to maintain.

Then there's those of us who've been 'fatties' all their lives. Us non-specific biggies have tried every diet under the sun over the years, losing it all, gaining it all back and more over and over again. That can only be (imho) because after the losing of it we take our eye off the ball and ignore the tightening of the waistbands until, once again we can't breathe.
I think WE are the ones who need the diary to help us keep an eye on things ... and each other ;)

Just my opinion :D xx

Great way of putting it Jan. Totally 100% agree :) x

I don't really starve myself. I still eat what I want and still manage to lose weight and be healthy. So, you also can. You just have to eat the right kind of food at the right time and in the right amount. It's a matter of discipline and balance. I lost more than 30 lbs since I started my AcaiSlim pills, but i still take chocolate cakes and other pasta. I don't deprive myself with food. But I make sure, i only take small amount or amount that I can burn. I satisfy my cravings, if i want ice cream, i eat ice cream. but again, in small amounts. It's better to have small amounts than nothing at all, right?

Last edited:
Well, I am going to use this as my opportunity to try a whole new bunch of healthy foods. I never ate fruit or veg before this and devoured bread all of the time. I am on the right track, I think! I will definitely take your advice and write everything down. I'm not sure which dieter I am Jan. I never put up weight until my first pregnancy but I was pregnant 4 times in 5 years then! So, I have been fat ever since! I am very scared but cannot allow it to go up again. That much I know. So, I will write and read and write and read until my thick skull takes it all on board! Do you guys exercise much? Does it help keep you on track if you do? Also, do you feel it's still a struggle or, for the most part, is it ok?

I'm afraid I have to be honest and say that for me it's still a struggle. However I was a chubby child and fat teenager and have been on and off diets for the last 40 years. I must have lost and gained several people in my time. As you were always slim you may have a whole different experience and I sincerely hope that you do! :) x

I exercise 2/3 times a week and find it does help me.

I too have to be honest and say it is a struggle. I find it a constant battle and one that just doesnt budge from my head. Im constantly thinking about my weight & food but I guess in some respects its a blessing in disguise in the fact that it does keep you on some kind of track.

I too have to be honest and say it is a struggle. I find it a constant battle and one that just doesnt budge from my head. Im constantly thinking about my weight & food but I guess in some respects its a blessing in disguise in the fact that it does keep you on some kind of track.

Even though you drive yourself mad! I'm exactly the same! x Lol x

Yep - it drives me insane but sitting back and thinking about it its probably what has got us to where we are on our maintainence track :)

Definitely :) x

hi hun. its meeeeeeeee. i did a test and it was negative. still feel sick though. BUT, as it was negative, that gives me the go ahead to go back on lipo. i have marleys party tomorrow, so monday it is. otherwise it would have been tomorrow.

i cant deal with the fact i have another 2 stone to lose and its going to take ages. so back on lipo it is:D i actually think im looking forward to it. to not feeling bloated all the time.

how you doing today hun.

kerryxxx

So funny - we are on the same wavelength Kerry. I too couldn't face waiting ages to lose the last 12 lbs. So yesterday, I went and got a load of lipotrim and said I'll start tomorrow. My plan is to do at least 2 more weeks. I have about 10-12 more to lose so I figure, with my history, I should lose close to 10 in those 2 weeks, then I'll do refeed again and on day 4 of refeed I'll be heading on holidays so will be able to manage the final few days of refeed fine and then back to normal. I just couldn't bear to wait probably 2 more months. I want to stop dieting and be a true maintainer. I have shown in this last week that I can change my eating habits - I've been eating fruit all the time and making a lot more healthy choices - I have confidence I will be able to maintain. Can't believe we're both going back on!

well hun, how mad is that. im going to go back over to lipo board and im sure i will see you there. dont know if to do a new thread or just stick to the old one.

im doing 5 weeks. im hoping i can at least lose 1.5 - 2 stone in those weeks. but 5 is my limit as my hair is falling out pretty bad so i know its gonna go worse.

so today i have had 1 choc lipo, 1 bottle of water and a mint tea. and you know what, they didnt even taste wierd. its like i never stopped. although ill probably want to chew my arm off later:D:D.

so heres to another few weeks, so you on the other side hun:D

kerryxxx

I started back on tfr yesterday - I decided I made a mistake coming off it until I had gotten to my goal. Maintaining isn't possible till I get there. So, I'll pop back after my 2 weeks are up and hope for the best going back into ketosis which will not be fun! Thanks everybody for your support so far.xx

Good Luck x

Back