How to boost things along for speedier losses?

LauraLoo

Silver Member
Ok..I had my eighth weigh in last night at class, and am now 8lbs lighter than I was!

I know this is good, and is all progress, but there is a part of me that thought I would be about a stone down by now when I started....we have a holiday booked in 10 weeks time (first time abroad in a few years!) and when I started I worked out by losing the average of 2lbs a week or so I could get to my target. I have accepted now that is probably not likely but I really want at least another stone off by the time I go on holiday if at all possible.:confused:

So, what can I do to boost things along? Apart from one night out in those 8 weeks where I probably went a bit over my syns (on alcohol!) I have been totally on plan - mostly following Extra Easy but I do a few red days now and again too.

I'm not expecting miracles, my first few weeks were a bit of a bumpy ride, and being type 1 diabetic does have other challenges alongside but I need to boost this along, so throw me your best hints and tips please!! :D

Thank you!

im the same, my 8th weigh in will be tonight.
last week i lost 1.5lb- i was gutted as every week ive lost usually around 3.
so for the last week i have drunk at least 3 litres of water a day, made sure that my meals were at least 1/3 superfree, stuck to one yoghurt a day and 5 syns a day and i had a sneaky peak at scales this morning- they havent even budged. by the time weigh in comes tonight in scared it will be a gain and im sooo gutted its not even real!

so any tips for me would be great too:)

There was a user a few years ago who did a week eating as much fish and seafood as possible. She had AMAZING weekly losses doing this. Why not give it a go?

There was a user a few years ago who did a week eating as much fish and seafood as possible. She had AMAZING weekly losses doing this. Why not give it a go?

The one food I am not keen on is fish, lol. And especially seafood! I don't mind some white fish and salmon now and again but most other seafood except prawns I just don't like....what a bummer! I will try to add a couple of fish meals in this week with the ones I do like, thanks for the idea!

im the same, my 8th weigh in will be tonight.
last week i lost 1.5lb- i was gutted as every week ive lost usually around 3.
so for the last week i have drunk at least 3 litres of water a day, made sure that my meals were at least 1/3 superfree, stuck to one yoghurt a day and 5 syns a day and i had a sneaky peak at scales this morning- they havent even budged. by the time weigh in comes tonight in scared it will be a gain and im sooo gutted its not even real!

so any tips for me would be great too:)

Your losses have been great so far, I'd be over the moon with those lol. Sometimes we just get a little bump along the way with a smaller loss, I was having bloody GAINS in between even though I was doing nothing different!! Frustrating.

Your losses have been great so far, I'd be over the moon with those lol. Sometimes we just get a little bump along the way with a smaller loss, I was having bloody GAINS in between even though I was doing nothing different!! Frustrating.

You can drink to much water 3 litres is alot , unless your doing some serious activity or in a very hot climate I'd settle this down 2 litres is Nhs recommended amount and more than adequate.

ive had great losses, but i think i am still in denial if that makes sense, im like no way have i lost all of that!

i might be retaing water , ill see how it goes tonight after weigh in!

ive heard that fish is good, not a lover of fish but ive never tried it apart from a fish supper :rolleyes:
ill give that a go this week:)

I found my losses on EE were very up and down. Once I changed to green, it was much steadier.

I also find that if I make for instance the macaroni cheese in the current mag, it uses 300g pasta and serves 4. I would make it do me at least 6 servings. I feel just as satisfied if I serve it with lots of veg and perhaps a quorn sausage or a HB of lean chicken breast.

Our C says you should eat more free food, but for me at the moment I have to be careful. Last week's weigh in I had lost my way a bit and was eating more, albeit free foods, and I gained to be at the top of my target range.

I became really focussed and ate less, used a slightly smaller plate and last night lost 3lb to be back at my target. Much relieved and I wasn't hungry or wanting to snack.

Anyway, I digress. Try changing to red and green days and see if that helps. xx

People in our group swear by having scan bran in some form around three times a week. I can't really stomach it unless I put lots of low low cheese spread on it, but it's apparently wonderful for shifting weight quickly where normally it takes its time. Perhaps something to consider if you don't mind scan bran cake / bread?

I have always been told that increase your superfree & Superspeed foods, ie eat lots of melon & berries in a week. That has helped me.
I also did a few weeks a while ago where I set myself a challenge to eat 10 different SS/SF foods in a day. Can't remember what losses I had but it certainly helped.

:) x

average of 1lb a week isn't slow at all. Was my 20th weigh in today and i just got my stone award. But if you really want to try and up your losses...have you tried success express?

Thank you all! Yeah I'd had a look at success express & have been trying it for at least some meals, but not all I have to admit - maybe need to go that hardcore!

susie161 - I do some red days, I couldn't do green as being type 1 diabetic I can't have high carb loaded meals. I made that macaroni cheese too last week and I agree about the portion sizes actually, I think if I ate some of the portions recommended on SW (and that some people do eat and lose weight eating!) I would most definitely gain weight! So I will keep that in mind this week too. I think sometimes I have piled my plate high (albeit free and superfree foods) when I might not have had that much in the past sometimes.

The fruits I have tended to go for have been strawberries & melon, though I have mango and pineapple there for this week too!

I don't mind the low syn chocolate scan bran cake actually, well when it is just made & warm - not so good the next day! But will try to get some scan bran in me this week too then! :D

Thank you for all the help and ideas, this place is great!

Thank you all! Yeah I'd had a look at success express & have been trying it for at least some meals, but not all I have to admit - maybe need to go that hardcore!

susie161 - I do some red days, I couldn't do green as being type 1 diabetic I can't have high carb loaded meals. I made that macaroni cheese too last week and I agree about the portion sizes actually, I think if I ate some of the portions recommended on SW (and that some people do eat and lose weight eating!) I would most definitely gain weight! So I will keep that in mind this week too. I think sometimes I have piled my plate high (albeit free and superfree foods) when I might not have had that much in the past sometimes.

The fruits I have tended to go for have been strawberries & melon, though I have mango and pineapple there for this week too!

I don't mind the low syn chocolate scan bran cake actually, well when it is just made & warm - not so good the next day! But will try to get some scan bran in me this week too then! :D

Thank you for all the help and ideas, this place is great!

If your going to have scan bran make sure to drink lots of water- my C always said that! I used to like it with dairylea and sliced banana!! Sounds horrible but was actually nice!

Scan bran yuck! One of our members loves it, swears by it, we call her the scan bran queen! She even took it on holiday!!!!!!! The only reason I would take it on hols would be to take the rough skin off my heels ha ha

Back