1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

How to calculate syns?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by aerdna, 30 August 2014 Social URL.

1. aerdna

aerdna New Member

Newbie here! I've got the food optimising plan book (and I'm not online), I was wondering if there was a method of working out how many syns in something if it is not in the book. I used to do weight watchers and they had a calculator - anything like that? Or any tips on how to know!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gem91

gem91 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Unfortunately they don't have a calculator like weight watchers but there is one on the sw page, if you're a member of a group you get access to this. You can work out the syns of some things (or foods without free foods in them) by this :
    1syn = 20 calories

For example: a pack of multipack quavers is 88 calories: 4.5 syns
    However some things you can't work out like this because they have a free food allowance so this rule only really helps on crisps snacks etc but hope it helps a bit x
  4. aerdna

aerdna New Member

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.