How to cope with visitors?

Tiggemma

Silver Member
I have a lovely friend who likes to visit me from back home (originally from Newcastle and now live in London) but she tends not to give much notice of her arrival. She's arriving tomorrow and we will be doing 'stuff' all weekend. And it's a bank holiday so it will last longer. I will easily have my Cambridge breakfast and something in the evening without too much bother but I'm worried about the long days. I'm on step 2 so hoping the odd green salad with chicken will be out there somewhere for me. My friend does have a penchant for pizza and Ed's burgers and milkshakes though.

What at am I going to do!?!

Brazen it out unfortunately. Lots of diet coke and chicken salads.

Wise choices if you do eat, cd products if you don't. And don't be bullied into anything you don't want to have hun! Have a fabulous weekend whatever you decide

Current loss: 12lbs and 7.5inches

Thanks. I have had family stay who have all been really supportive and totally get what I'm trying to do. My dad was lovel, apparently I look like an athlete ( I'd just been over to the gym for a bit of a light work out so was in Lycra, clearly in my dad's head Lycra=athlete!). Having not seen them since Christmas they came down a couple of weeks ago and they were just amazed at the difference. (I haven't been this weight since I was 17!) but this friend is hard work at the best of time with food choices so I can see me sitting opposite with a glass of fizzy water and some salad leaves or a product whilst she eats something terrible but delicious smelling. She's not the most considerate but only due to a lack of thinking rather than actual nastiness. It's going to be a hard one. But I'll make it through!

Strangely the days that are hardest but I still make it through are the ones I always feel best about afterwards. After this weekend I'm hoping to be really proud of myself!

That's a really super attitude to have hun! :)

Yay well done! That's a sign of super strength and dedication right there

Thanks girls. I drank a lot of tea! Today we are going to Dover castle. Shake is in my bag ready to go. I can do this.

Have a super day in the sunshine hun! :)

It was beautifully sunny and I resisted all attempts of insisting that I had some cake or pie or sandwich or risotto or ice cream or chocolate etc. I have had chicken and veg without any extras and cooked by my own hand so I know it was good for step 2. BBQ'd the chicken whilst everyone else had burgers in buns etc quite quietly pleased with myself. Just hoping I've kept my water up. I always lose count when I'm out and about and I'm never sure if I've had enough. I'll probably know in 3 hours if/when I wake up for a late night loo break!

You're quite simply inspirational hun!
Proof you can have a life and do cambridge! :)
Have another super day today and make sure yuk keep drinking water

Today will be harder. Going into London to see a show (not sure what yet) plus will have a bite to eat (chicken salad no dressing) and suspect lots of stopping for tea (+cake for my friend). Got to find something to fill the time that doesn't involve being in a food and drink place.

How is it going so far? There are so many shows I want to see it's untrue! Hope you're having a blast :)

It's going ok at the moment. Haven't drunk enough water yet though I do still need the loo so I mustn't be too far off target. Had chicken and salad for lunch then will be watching as my friend eats cake before the theatre. We are off to see dirty rotten scoundrels the musical! No idea what to expect.

Get some water on the go hun. And hope the musical is ok....didn't even know it was a musical lol

I had no idea either but it was fun. Robert Lindsay and rufus hound make an odd pair but it was enjoyable. I have managed to claw back on the water level but I have unfortunately not quite stuck to plan. I had a green salad (no2 for the day) but I'm hoping it won't have had too much of an effect. I am knackered and heading off to bed! This weekend has been hard but roll on tomorrow and a 100% day without any temptations.

Hun you've done bloomin amazingly considering the circumstances!!! Well done hun you're really inspirational :)

Back