Extra Easy How to do well when a fussy eater

Just joined class tonight, and as where i used to do red and green days many moons ago, im going to try EE. But im fussy when it comes to fruit and veg and only like a few superfree foods! Help me please!

To be honest I think if we want to succeed on the plan then we have to accept that it was our eating habits which contributed to our weight problems. And if we want to change one then we have to be willing to change the other. Fussiness can be overcome if you are willing to make an effort. What is it that you like and don't like about superfree? You can blend veggies into an endless array of soups and sauces, grate veggies into curries, stews, pasta dishes, casseroles, omelettes, quiche and so on then gradually work up to bigger pieces. There are so many different veggies out there and different ways of cooking them that its impossible to dislike them all lol :)

It's funny I had never even tried sweet potato until about a year ago and now it's one of my favourite foods! I would also instinctively say I didn't like cabbage but I tried some with sunday dinner one day and with some gravy and salt it was fine!

I agree with the blending veggies in to things. It's starting to get a bit colder now, so soups are perfect. Things like blending peppers, onions, and tomatoes in to a pasatta sauce to make a bolognaise would go great.

Why not start off slowly and say that you will do red / green days 5 days a week and maybe 2 EE days? That way you will be able to just try a few things each week and see how you do with them rather than facing 7 days of having to try and find thins you like.

My OH is doing SW with me and he's an extremely fussy eater when it comes to veg, all you can do is eat the superfree you like and experiment with the rest you might surprise yourself and actually like some of it. The OH has lost 2.5 stones so it still works, sometimes it's slower because he doesn't eat as much superfree as he should but it's going in the right direction. I'm sure you'll do well if you eat the superfree you like :)

I can really recommend making it one of your SW missions to try and get to like some new foods... I had a huge aversion to peppers (which are in so many things!!) but I've managed to get myself to eating certain colour ones now after a few years of trying, and it's made cooking and eating out more healthily much easier. It can be done! x

I used to hate all vegetables. Honestly, all of them.

Then I realised that was because my mother (a wonderful woman in many ways, much missed) was a terrible cook! When I started to cook, and realised what vegetables should be like, it was a revelation!

Do try new things, don't boil the life out of them - in fact, don't boil them at all. Try steaming or roasting vegetables - it makes a huge difference. Or eat them raw - almost all of them can be eaten raw.

I still won't eat peas or brussels sprouts though - there ARE limits!!!

I am very fussy too, and after a couple of weeks on ee I really struggled too much and decided to do the old fashioned red and green as I had done them before with success. So nearly two years at target, with a loss of almost 2.5stone I still do red and green. OK my losses werent massive, but I got there. I do however, eat more veg with them than I used to. I still dont like, and cant eat though I keep on trying, salad. This in itself is difficult as if you like a salad there you go a quick and easy and syn free meal. I also keep trying peppers, no luck, and brussel sprouts, well the work of the devil. Blending stuff is a good idea as it takes on different tastes once blended. I wouldnt have looked at a leek before, but now leek and potato soup is my fave, in fact I'm going to make a big pan in a minute. Hope all goes well :)

Back