How to find motivation to push through?

Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post :)
I'm just wondering what motivates you to push through after a day that didnt go to plan?

Today I weighed myself, 8lbs lost since last Friday, done a lot of exercise and then my tea had a lot more calories than I thought it would, taken me over my goal, I pushed for even more exersize due to an advert about pushing through!! Coindence? 😮

Well done on losing 8lbs👏👏👏

Everyone has blips...if I overeat one day I try to pull back the next...I find some days I hardly feel hungry and other days I feel I could eat the legs off the table :eatdrink023:

Aw thank you, it was hard going but got there :)

Yeh I'm the same! all week I didnt feel hungry and seemed to adjust well but then bam!.. it all hit me at once Haha

I started my journey in January and I have a lot to lose but I am determined I’m going to do it this time and not give up - so that’s my first bit of motivation.
The other thing I decided very early on was that if I slipped up & fell off the wagon I wouldn’t let it derail me totally. This is a marathon, not a sprint so if I go a bit off track I’m going to enjoy it, not feel any guilt or beat myself up over it, but I’m then going to get right back on plan.
It also helps that I keep reminding myself why I’m doing this and all the health benefits I’ll get from being a healthier weight.
Good luck to you

Last edited:
Miss scarlett blue, your determination is amazing! Yes you're definitely right about no guilt! That's what I realised when I started feeling sorry for myself lol, but I just got up and done HIIT workouts to Disney songs!

Thank you, good luck to you too!

Miss scarlett blue, your determination is amazing! Yes you're definitely right about no guilt! That's what I realised when I started feeling sorry for myself lol, but I just got up and done HIIT workouts to Disney songs!

Thank you, good luck to you too!
Thanks. You’ll find loads of support on here as well which helps. Quite a few of us keep diaries, although some are in the members section which you need 50 posts to be able to access. You could also come and join in on the weekly weigh in thread - lots of support on there and there a new challenge where a few of us are setting a goal to lose weight by the start of September. I’ll put the links below if you are interested. I’m not going to a weight loss group so I’ve really found posting on here and chatting to others has really helped me as well.

Back