How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Good luck tomorrow, Fran. Loving the skirt story. It might have been a good ice breaker, definitely make you memorable xxx

Sure or went well for you, fingers crossed! Xx

Woo hoo!!!! Well done, amazing news!! Xxx

Thanks guys. I'm amazed as my churchy friend told them I didn't believe in god and stuff (gah!) So it is a good job I was just myself. Super excited. It took them about an hour. Lol. The woman I'm replacing said "you're p-" during the interview. I said to mum I think she was about to say "you're perfect" when I got home, before the call.

Internet still isn't up though, I need to call them tomorrow so im going back to mum's to steal their internet and phone to get it sorted and email through 2 other references!

That is so fantastic, Fran. You are perfect for the job. Well done xxxx

I actually think it would be discriminatory if they took your religious views into the selection process, not professional at all. Don't think much of your church friend either because that sounds like she was trying to sabotage.

Well done and good luck with it :)

Thanks, I'm so pleased still, and they seem to be a genuinely nice team. What is funny is the snotty people on mum and dad's road that all looked down their noses at me will see me in that role and will not be happy. Gav, the vicar, is a total rebel, but he is leaving in September, I think he thought i would be fun to piss them off too (her lives on mum and dad's road).

It is a job in the church, so your religious views do have to come in to it. I'm the first person anyone meets when they come in, and I will be a sort of agony aunt for churchy folk so it isn't like a normal admin job. My friend was trying to help, she just doesn't realise her helping isn't always helpful. Bless her! She said she prayed with gav (the vicar) that I would get the job. She does make me giggle, she keeps trying to make me believe in god.

I don't start for a little while anyway so I have a few more weeks enjoying the sunshine. Bit concerned about how much of the church's budget goes on biscuits. I had my own plate piled high with chocolate fingers placed next to me, then I saw a few more big plates full of other biscuits. I had best not bring Nate in with me!

Back