How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Hehe I did say TMI.

Lunch was some ham, a satsuma, grapes and a yogurt. Haha. I have prepared the ingredients for tea so that will be a proper meal. On my little plate. Woe. Been phonecalls and doorbells A-go-go here. So proud of nate, he was itching his eye and I was telling him not to itch his eye, and he said "eye drops" he hates them but they must help. I asked "do you want your eye drops?" And he said ok and ran to the fridge where they are kept and didn't cry when I gave it him. So proud. He still hasn't any appetite. He is nibbling a biscuit, shared my banana earlier and has had two little yogurts. So my curry is going to be with orzo as i know he loves orzo and it he easy to eat. He had a little bit of scrambled egg earlier too, but not much. I know he loves beans as well so he might end up with beans and orzo. Bit strange but I just want something in him.

I didn't weigh myself after or my .... Deposit. I'm not sooo bad. I might have a look tonight

Haha, what minky said! I don't make it often as it is a pain to find. Nate did eat the beany orzo mix heartily so I feel better now he has something proper in his tummy.

The curry was delicious! I'm making it again next week for the parents. It was super yummy! And finally something spicy enough. Mmm. I want to eat the leftovers now.

He is a clever mite. He let me wash his eyes with no fuss this evening too. He has a go washing them first, then I do it properly.

I have had a half syn jelly and yogurt for pudding. Just for the fun of it.

I have some chocolate for later. I want it but at the same time I don't.

I'm sure he will play up again in the morning don't worry! He is just adorable sometimes. I said "stop itching your eye Nate baby" he replied with "sorry mumma" awwww. He was repeating "sorry, so sorry" round the co op yesterday! It sounded bad but it is just from teaching him to say sorry after he gets off the naughty pouffe and gets a hug. Oddly he seems to say sorry at 1 minute 50 seconds! He does love bath and bed time too so hoping he doesn't grow out of that one.

His eyes seem much better this evening even from 4 hours ago. Hopefully they will be cleared up before Wednesday. Got to take him to the stupid health visitor who will annoy me about not having his 1 year check and not taking him to be weighed for a year and I will have to bite my tongue and not tell her to shove a red book up her arse and if they were that concerned over his well being over not being seen for a year they have my contact details. I can't do with our health visitors. One measured Nate as shorter than when he was born and said I was wrong when I questioned it. He cant be 55cm at 6 months if he was born at 59cm. Tell me I'm wrong and you will forever be marked a moron.

Hi Fran - so glad to read that Nate is improving a little. He is such a clever little boy. Whoop to the 3lb loss lol its never TMI we all share secrets on minis lol.

Minks do you have the extra easy all in one book? If you do it is page 165. If not I can type it up for you.

That's the plan Emma, it doesn't work with gungy eyes though! Hence hoping it has cleared up before then.

No I don't but I may just treat myself to some books on Tuesday - I want the Asia one and was thinning about the soup book but we pretty much love our standard carrot soup so EE all in one I think I'll get instead. Cheers honey xx

Hi Fran, Nate is a clever little thing. You have every right to be proud. Hope his eyes get better soon. Are you feeling any better or still cr@p?

Thanks for the TMI share it made me laugh!

Orzo is little rice shaped pasta and is quick cooking - great for a risotto too xx

Aha ok thanks! I never see things like that as I'm so blinkered when shopping I'm in and out with a list and don't even look at anything else! Prob missing out on some fab stuff!

Glad Nate ate well and if doing well with his eyes.

Got me a peanut butter kit Kat chunky omnomnom :) xx

Last edited:
Thanks texty hun. I haven't actually weighed myself so I probably haven't lost 3lbs, but still wow. Lol.

Minks, in my opinion the soup book is better value for money and I don't even like blended soups! I've used the soup book a lot more than the all in one book.

Recipe: Creamy Coriander and minted chicken. Serves 4, free on EE and original, 9.5 syns on Green. Freezer friendly. Prep time 15 minutes, cooking time 30 minutes.

Fry light
2 onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
2 cloves
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2 cardamon pods
2cm root ginger, peeled and grated
1 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 tsp each of ground coriander, ground cumin, tumeric, chilli powder
700g skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2cm pieces
salt and pepper
4 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
200ml chicken stock
large handful of fresh coriander, chopped
small handful of fresh mint, chopped
100g fat free fromage frais
I also added diced aubergine, courgette, sliced yellow pepper and halved button mushrooms

spray a non-stick wok (I just used a pan) with fry light and stir fry the onion, cloves, garlic and cardamon pods for 2-3 minutes.

Add the ginger, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, ground coriander, cumin, tumeric and chilli powder and cook for another 3-4 minutes.

Add chicken (and veg if you add it) and season to taste. Stir fry for another 8-10 minutes.

Stir in the tomatoes and stock and simmer for another 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.

Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander, mint and fromage frais before serving.

I had it with orzo because I was cooking it for Nate, but I'd serve it with rice normally. It was bloody lovely and I'm not really a creamy curry girl. it wasn't claggy at all. so yummy I want to eat the rest in the fridge. oh and it looks like a lot of ingredients but mostly it is spices.

I feel a lot better today thanks hun :)

And Scarlet, I didn't forget you! food plan for the week...

Wednesday:
B: banana and yogurt
L: left over mushy pea curry and rice
D: gammon, fresh pineapple, carrots, broccoli and sw chips

Thursday
B: smoked salmon and scrambled egg on toast (heb) and fruit.
L: really naughty, didn't want to cook... some ham, a yogurt, a satsuma and grapes
D: the curry above with orzo. 1/2 syn jelly and yogurt for pud

Friday
B: Beans on toast and fruit (HEB)
L: Left over curry and rice
D: LM ROAR sausages, sw chips and veg (maybe cauliflower and carrots)

Saturday:
B: Berry, yogurt and blueberry wheat layers (heb)
L: cheese omelette and salad (HEA)
D: Spag bol

Sunday
B: bacon, half syn sausages, beans, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, egg (OMNOMNOM)
L: Roasted piggy wig with sw roast potatoes and lots of veg
D: Cheese sandwich and pickles (hea and heb)

Monday
B: Dippy eggs and soldiers! (heb)
L: goan potato soup
D: chinese lemon chicken and rice

Tuesday
B: berry, yogurt and cereal layers
L: chicken drumsticks and salad
D: Filapino pork adobe

Back