How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

great, yesterday I find out nate's dad isn't working he just can't be bothered to sign on every day and today I get a letter saying "hey, we mis-calculated your housing benefit so now you owe us £454.53 because we screwed up." and somehow the help that i get for childcare is taxable? Every time things are looking ok something screws up. They are saying they will take back £20 odd a week but I'd rather just clear the debt. So frustrated though. Why calculate it if you are going to go "ah actually... whoops! give up £450 back!" humph.

Well I assume his girlfriend subsidises his living. He said it is because he's not worked.... Since I said CSA would be in touch... Over two years.

The housing thing is frustrating but not too awful. This is why I believe in having a financial buffer. I'm going to call on Monday after work to double check everything and see exactly how much they want per week.

On the good side my hudl (bought with clubcard points) came today, it wasn't due until Tuesday. Playing on it now :)

Also, I've had another red day. Stayed on plan, only used 2 syns, but I used extra on Wednesday so I'm happy to balance it out. I used just 4 yesterday. I'm happy to stay on the low end, I'm just not fancying anything synful. Loving having an options at night. Had chicken tikka marsala today. Deeelish. I saved chilli until after I dished Nate's out.... I told him it was chicken stew

Have what you fancy poppet, if it's low syn all the better to have a buffer later in the week if you want a treat!
Def agree with the financial buffer (using the word buffer lots tonight although my phone just tried to change it to the word that rhymes with rugger! Naughty phone!)
due to the way my parents have always been with money it's taken me till fairly recently to fully understand and get a grip of managing my finances. Hopefully I'm there now but been in debt for so long (which was normal) I never knew any other way! Def like the security of having that buffer as you say, you never know what a coming round the corner to bite you on the bum!
Take it she is earning handsomely to support him too then?!
Sorry for late post, bin out for friends birthday tonight. Martini within syns plus a glass of wine over and I'm sozzled! Just got in lol, oops!
I'll be honest I have no idea what a hudl is! Can you enlighten me? X

It made my more sense than I do normally! We had chilled out play this morning, then walked to town a mile up hill, then through town and down along the sea front, then we got the bus home I'll making stuffed aubergine for my tea later. Nate didn't fancy anything so is having a cheese pasty thing, skips, grapes and cucumber. A bit of a party food tea but it means a full belly and he has fruit and veg

Welcome to the grotbag club! Bubble bath sounds amazing. I had my weekend all in the wrong order - lovely bubblebath on Saturday morning but then a stressed out day on Sunday - and now I need another one to unwind! There seem to be unexpectedly upwards scales all over the place at the moment. It's so frustrating when you're on plan. I'm extra grouchy today because I measured out my milk for the day, popped it in the fridge at work and half of it's gone! Thieving rotters. Now I'm not going to get my full HexA. Grumble.

How's the hudl? I've got £40 of points that I haven't spent. At uni we had a house shopping account and would swap the points for 4 x their value for a meal out each term. I want to max out their value rather than spending them like-for-like. I think we might use a chunk of them for entry fees to things like the Eden Project when we go to Cornwall in March.

I'm not as good with money as I used to be. When I was living at home I was putting 50% of my salary in savings each month, but that's been whittled away on rental deposits that I never got back due to poor choice in flatmates, and a holiday of a lifetime to South America. Now it's a little more hand-to-mouth, with my buffer money soon to be swallowed up by a house, and I could put away more if I tried. My brother managed to rack up £4k of debt in his first year of uni - and that was with my parents paying his fees, accommodation and giving him an allowance! I wouldn't have dreamed of spending that much more than I had, but I think I remember more of money being tight as we grew up whereas my brother was bold enough to ask for anything and he usually got it. My mum said my dad had a lot of debt when they got married and she just took over the finances to clear it for him, so maybe it runs in the family.

My brothers were like yours. The hudl is really good. The camera is pretty rubbish but I wouldn't really use that anyway. How annoying about the milk thief! I had a thieving flat mate. Can't stand people taking without asking because if they ask I will always say yes. Found out the total from our quiz on night is £439 so happy. We are going to do "curry and all that jazz"night next year.

Sounds like a great idea - and well done on the success of the quiz night!

Did you decide what you're doing foodwise today? I've gone Green as I am running low on SF. Bran Flakes and Mullerlight for brekkie, an apple for mid-morning snack, LM RO&R sausages with Heinz 5 Beanz (I just like typing it) for lunch and then cheesy LowLow pasta with broccoli and cauliflower when I get in from WI.

Scales look like I might just manage a maintain if I wear next to nothing. Last week the scales at group weighed me in 1lb lighter than my sneaky peek at home, whereas they're usually bang on. It makes me nervous and convinced I'll have a bad result this week when they go back to normal! And I was in a super-light dress for Miss Slinky last week. I hate being this full of dread about WI when I've been 100% all week. I can only hope it all catches up with me eventually.

I was just so chuffed with the bonus of 3 weeks of loss last week. I just need 1lb to get my new half stone award (because I restarted) and I really want it! I know I'm not a big loss kind of person so I'm not expecting 3lbs in a week but just a smidgen would be good. I think I'm just generally a bit down in the mouth at the moment and overtired and that doesn't help. We'll see what the scales say. I'm tempted to weigh and go tonight as I've got to drive a carful of work people to Cheltenham for a meeting tomorrow and group has been lasting over 2 hours lately. I was walking to group but that's an hour round trip on top!

Did you get all the housing stuff sorted out?

Nope, any time I'm home the call waiting times are lasting beyond when I've to leave or they close. I know nothing is going to come from it anyway. :/

I'd be tempted to weigh tonight, but I would get a gain being a morning weigher, so that'd put e off.

We are having sw heb wedges, cauliflower and broccoli cheese using a hea of lowlow and chicken strips with Cajun spices. Bit mish mash but should be fine.

Ooh that broliflower (croccoli?) cheese sounds deeelicious. I suppose we sort of have broliflower cheese pasta. I might do that with a Quorn sticky fillet or a chicken chargrill one night. Mmmmm.

I'm a Tuesday evening weigher these days. It's a different dynamic at my new group because it is a brand new group, with lots of brand new members. It's nice in a way because we don't have many 'tweakers' or people who happily fall off the waggon during the week and revel in the fact they still got a loss. My C has also set up a good private Facebook group so we all post our meals and recipes during the week (C included) and she posts little motivational quotes and pictures. I started a bit of a craze when I posted magic pancakes. My C had to stage an intervention last week because everyone went mad for them but they were forgetting to have their superfree with them.

My tummy is rumbling despite my big lunch and 2 litres of water. At least 3 hours until dinner! I'm going to need to take some snacks to group.

It was good, I basically melted the lowlow and poored it on top.

Your group sounds lovely. My c has been at it for at least 17 years and it gets a bit tiresome. Bananas and yogurts fill our group bin every Wednesday morning. Lol. Snacks are a good idea.

My mum goes crazy for magic pancakes. I only have them as a treat.

I've been asked to bake a cake for a raffle at work. Apparently the bread and butter pudding was a huge hit :) I'm sure I could tweak a low syn one using healthy extras. I'm getting famous for baking. Lol. The lemon Swiss roll made people go nutty too. I might have to do something new for the raffle

Back