How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly fran and we'll done for sticking to plan while you feel poo- not easy! Lovely your work are do nice about it. Make sure you have as restful a day as possible tomorrow (as restful as nate allows!) and hope you feel better soon.
I saw your double in a bar in my town last night, I did a double take! Then I heard her friend call to her and her name was fran too! Spooky or what! Xx

Sorry to hear your not feeling well Fran hopefully a day resting tomorrow will make you feel better.

Lots of cuddles from the little guy will help :D x

Thanks hun. He is so good to me. When i think how other kids behave and how good he is I think how lucky i am. I dozed on the sofa and popped ceebeebies on and he snuggled up next to me under the blanket. He accidentally broke some eggs earlier and was so upset because he knew he'd done wrong I didn't even have to tell him off.

Decided for my one stone award I'm going to get Miranda's marraccattack if I can get it cheaply. Hope i get a good loss this week syns have been 57.5, 4.5, 2, 2 and 5 so 71 for the week so far with 2 days left. I'll try to remember to weigh in the morning. I really want 2lbs this week. I think next week I'll do the plan in the magazine as much as I can - I don't really like prepacked couscous, I'd rather do my own and I can't go getting this thing from Morrisons and that from co op etc. My consultant always says that week guarantees 4-7lb weight loss but I've never experienced that. Fingers crossed huh.

Nate is such a lovely little boy,clearly a reflection on your great parenting.

I was just reading this weeks mag, the 7 day plan is quite varied, may give it a go myself depending on Wednesday's result. I have dreadful constipation, sw always does this to me.

My carer joined with me and did really well last week, bless her she's really fallen off the wagon this weekend and is already dreading Wednesday. For me a loss is also not a gain so is a good result even if only small.

Hope you feel a little brighter in the morning, so glad the church are caring,work pressure sometimes can be a real burden and it's great you don't have that to deal with too. Xx

Morning Fran. Hope you are feeling better today. Well done for staying on plan when not well. Would be intereted in the results from your 7 day plan if you try it. I never even considered it as I like to have flexibitity for the family, etc, but may be worth a try.

Thanks loobyjane, he sees my parents a lot and has two childminders so he has a lot of positive influences.I'm quite strict compared to other parents too it seems. But this morning he was still cuddling me and telling me how much he loved me so being a bit strict hasn't hurt any! Mum says I spoil him too though. Hehe. There's only the two of us though.

How much water are you drinking. The extra roughage you're getting from veg needs extra water too. I still get a bit backed up. You could usea heb or some syns on prunes. Oranges help a lot too. And rrhubarb. You get loads of cooked rhubarb for your syns or healthy extra. I'm so wanting to make the rhubarb and apple meringue pots.

Personally I've never lost 4-7lbs by doing the plan. Pretty sure my c makes stuff up! I've made some of the recipes before. Chicken pizza is lush. How lovely is your carer! That will help a lot. My mum does sw too and it's great I can just chat to her about it. Or I can go to hers for tea and not worry about if it is sw or not.

There is pressure at work, but not from the team really and they are a lovely and ask to help out where they can. We FINALLY have a vicar nowand I have lots of holiday time left that I haven't used so it's all good. Monday 's usually involve a meeting then clearing up after the meeting so I don't have much time left for actual work.

I felt a lot better this morning but still pretty wiped out. Got up. I had rice pudding with pineapple, banana and a couple of raspberries. Then I had a rest on the sofa while Nate sat on me eating his second breakfast! Then he emptied all his toys everywhere. I'm watching Jeremy Kyle now (woop) going to get a cup of tea and do some washing up. If the salmon is desfrosted I will make a frittata using salmon, new potato, green beans, leek and broccoli. If not I'll do one with sausage, bacon, onion, mushroom and new potato. And I'll serve it with salad. Either way I'll have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch and snackages.

Well anju what you are doing is certainly working for you! See my advantage is I cook what I want, I do change things though, so if I'm going out I'll grab a jacket potato or I might have tea at mum and dad's if I'm invited. I'll let you know how it goes. I did it once and gained weight. Lol. That was my fault. I followed the plan exactly despite not being hungry for the puddings... haha. Silly me.

Salmon wasn't defrosted so I used the sausages, slice of bacon, new potatoes, mushrooms, onions and peppers into a frittata with a hea of cheese on top. I had it with lettuce and cucumber salad. It was tasty and there is a massive wedge of it left with another hea on top. So hea and half a syn for lunch and half a syn for my milk in tea earlier. So now I need to use the salmon for dinner and I'm thinking salmon and smoked salmon pasta. There will be leek, courgette and green beans in it and a side of broccoli.

Salmon sounds really good. Do you use quark as the sauce or just mix it all up with pasta?

I used some lemon quark and 0% yogurt. I chucked in some spinach and mange tous as well. A couple of mouthfuls and I was full so I might have it later. It is yum though i make it quite often because stinky adores smoked salmon. My fridge looks like a leftover paradise. New potatoes, rice pudding, sweetcorn, tuna sweetcorn mayo mix, poached salmon and bbq sauce. If my cooker breaks I'll be ok for a bit! Just been sorting a sainsbury shop too.looking forward to steak for tea next week. Mmm. And chicken pizza which is always good...

Me too. I stopped doing meat central meals because someone struggled with meat but he's fine now. He still prefers fish but he's not having a whole brill fillet to himself every day.

Tomorrow was supposed to be:
B: rice pud and fruit
L: ham salad sandwich
D: cod in a tomato sauce and sauteed new potatoes and green veg.

The only change is lunch to left over frittata which is half a syn plus hea and I'll bring salad too. So I will have to syn my tea milk, usually 2 on a Tuesday (1 syn) and I'll have a heb left for the evening

Today has been
B: rice pud and fruit
Mid morning: apple
L: frittata and salad. Half a syn for sausage and hea of cheese
D: only had a bit I'll eat the rest later I think. Salmon and smoked salmon pasta. Superfree in it are leek, mange tous, green beans, spinach and a side of broccoli.

I kinda feel i don't bloody stop cooking some days.

I'll come over and help you eat the leftovers. Food sounds delicious. Will have to make the salmon pasta one day this week as we all love salmon x

It's very easy and just my sw version of something mum used to make. Well the rice pudding is tomorrow's breakfast, the frittata is tomorrow's lunch and the new potatoes will be sauteed for tomorrow's tea. So although i feel like i don't stop cooking some days I often make enough to cover a meal or snack other times. Although i do still feel I cook far more often than other people i think it's because most of my group either can't or have no interest in cooking or food. Quite often I'm asked to go cook for people that are way older than my mum and I'm baffled because if I can cook anyone can. It's just learning what foods go together and bodging them together in different ways that taste good. Or reading a recipe and adjusting it to what you like or have in. Although at uni I was the only one who understood food and liked cooking. I will never forget sausage curry and pasta. .. dear god. Friends would come round sometimes and I'd cook tea which was invariably "fridge surprise" which meant I'd look at what I had in and make something up. One friend asked if she could come for fridge surprise again and didn't get why it wasn't the same. Lol. One favourite was chicken, veg, mango chutney and tinned chopped tomatoes and served with couscous. That was lush but I can't work out a lower syn way of doing it. It has to be mango chutney, and a good amount. I chucked some other spices in too. But mmm.

Looking forward to getting out of the house tomorrow. What with the storms and both of us getting poorly we've been stuck in for the past 3 days. I know Nate likes Tuesdays too. He sees Dianne who often takes him, a little girl and her own mum to a cafe and later they go to toddler group where I meet up with them. We did used to go to the park after but it's like swamp land so we can't at the moment.

Good evening!

Sounds like you've had a good day compared to yesterday which is great to hear! Day time tv soon gets boring no wonder you're heading back to work tomorrow.

Yeah I'm really lucky to have found such a great carer, believe me some I had sent from the agency were ridiculous! One was a lovely but crazy 76 year old lady I kid you not!! She could never remember the code to get in the house,nor my name And every time she came she wore no uniform that social services insisted on and to top it all I had to stop asking her to make a cup of tea because every time she used the coffee machine with a used coffee pod in. It was vile and I used to say please use the kettle each time I explained what did what and every time I got a mug of stinking muddy gloop. And every time she would say you'll have to drink what you have I don't have time to make you hot drinks. It was annoying but hilarious. I did complain and my social worker would say we can't get rid of her.

Going back to my backlog, I drink ltrs of fluid due to my medication I have a constant dry mouth so bad my tongue sticks to the roof. I have had a fruit day today as I felt so bloated but have to eat a certain amount of calories every 4 hours to keep my drugs from just passing through. So I've had literally about the equivalent to 12 portions of fruit , I think it's working :)

Tomorrow's menu sounds good! I love left overs and try to get my carer to make double meals or hubby will make a chilli that lasts 3 days for him me and our two kids. Once with rice. Jackets and lastly sweet chips. Yum :)

Fingers crossed you feel right as rain and back to your self completely tomorrow. Xx

Hope your feeling better in yourself Fran. Leftovers sound good to me - and sometimes throw together meals are the yummiest nom nom.

I love leftovers too, curries, stew, pasta sauce, chilli, soup, they all taste so much better when they've matured for a bit. I always cook too much anyway.

Ooh err loubyjane, sounds like you've had some nutty carers. How old are your kids? My boy will be 3 next month. Big boy :) have you tried slimming world houmous and crudités? Yum. Your medication sounds awful :( is your hubby supportive of you losing weight?

Hi Fran!

My kids are 14 &12 my 12 year old is autistic and has the mental age of about 6/7 year old. Hubby was against the dieting the day before I joined. He hates change, but the last 4 years have been rough on the whole family and he's constantly worrying that I'm going to keep getting worse or worse still I may die. We've been together 22 years on Friday. We got together when I was 15 and are still very much in love. Since I started he's been great and is constantly checking that my carers are getting me to eat enough as I'm on 3 different nerve drugs and 2 types of morphine, if I don't eat enough I get sick.

We tried to make houmous the other day but it was awful. We had no recipes though, how do you do yours? I love it with veggies. Xxx

Back