How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

whoop whoop. well done Fran, that is brilliant.

Thanks bettyboop, feel free to chat away on here anytime. How are you getting on?

Thanks Adelle hun, what's your new weigh in day now? So excited for you. How are you feeling? Still rotten?

Ta Kathryn :) I'm hoping she doesn't lose heart though. I just need to keep cheering her on. We're all dry. My hair looks lovely now. It is lovely and curly but only goes like this after I've been rained on and it's dried. Food shop is all put away, steak and jacket spud and veg tonight. Munchkin isn't great with salad so we have superfree of cooked veg instead. Broccoli, and Nate says sprouts and cauliflower... Tonight I should get on with Nate's curtains. I haven't done anything since Friday because of feeling grotty. What are you up to?

Thanks anju, you're pretty amazing yourself ;)

Ta Kathryn :) I'm hoping she doesn't lose heart though. I just need to keep cheering her on. We're all dry. My hair looks lovely now. It is lovely and curly but only goes like this after I've been rained on and it's dried. Food shop is all put away, steak and jacket spud and veg tonight. Munchkin isn't great with salad so we have superfree of cooked veg instead. Broccoli, and Nate says sprouts and cauliflower... Tonight I should get on with Nate's curtains. I haven't done anything since Friday because of feeling grotty. What are you up to?
)

Ooo I've got broccoli, cabbage and sprouts for tea.. Yum!! Hope you enjoy yours! I'm still at work at the mo... Here till 6 then kev's colleagues (who's baby we went to see last week) are coming round at 6....apparently for tea!! :eek: we have nothing in and kev said would I pop to morrisons on my way home... I said no as I've been out this morning, if he'd have said I could have got something then.. So it's looking like egg and chips for them lol :D
Hope you're back to feeling 100% soon hun xz

Lol, men eh!? Nowt but trouble! If they get to eat something warm they'll be happy I'm sure. Roll on summer and the end of colds! I saw some blossom on a tree at work.... It's giving me hope! Fingers crossed I'll finish tacking tonight and get on the machine tomorrow night.

I was quite surprised the magazine plan involves just a yogurt with banana in for breakfast. Sorry but that isn't enough! Anyway, need to pick tomorrow's day. Friday is curry so it can bob in the slow cooker. If I just get yogurt and banana in the morning I will be sad.

I don't know how people can manage on just fruit and yogurt for brekkie :eek: my mum just has a small yogurt :eek::eek: has a sandwich for lunch, then wonders why she can't stop eating in the evenings!! :confused:

Oh dear I'm a yogurt & banana breakfast person I'm afraid! I cannot stomach food before 6am in the morning when I get up. So I have a yogurt when I get to work.

My WI is still on a Monday, I'm intrigued to see how I've got on. I'm still feeling yuk & on 8 antibiotics a day + painkillers :(

Are you feeling any better?

I do the same. If I have fruit and yogurt in the morning, even if until satisfied, I go gobbling at night.

Adelle if it works for you that's brilliant. I finally learned it doesn't help me- probably because I'm a pig!
Poor you with all the medicine. Still a bit grotty but not exhausted, which is a plus!

Mighty dinner

1392228293657.jpg

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's not cause you're a pig, I'm just an oddbod ;) I've never been able to eat breakfast first thing. It's always been after an hour or so of getting up & there's no way I'm getting up at 4.45 - 5am for breakfast... No way!

Urgh. Grim. We get up at about 7:45 am each day so that's ok. I am a piggywig.

Breakfast fruit and yogurt - I know. Bloody weigh in day.
Lunch cheese salad roll heb and hea and crisps 4 syns and custard tart 12 syns
Dinner steak, jacket potato, cherry tomato sauce, sprouts, cauliflower and broccoli.

Probably have a chocolate bar tonigh and balance it across the week like this time. It seemed to work well.

Tomorrow is supposed to be puffed wheat heb, milk hea, banana and strawberries. I couldn't get puffed wheat so I'm having shredded wheat heb, yogurt (don't like them with milk) banana and frozen mixed berries (I hate out of season strawberries)

Lunch is couscous salad and chicken tikka bits so that's all good and dinner is sweet and sour pork (half a syn) but I'm serving it with rice rather than noodles and if you've seen a 2 year old eat noodles you'll know why!

Hi Fran.

Well done another great loss for you!! You'll be sailing past that 6milestone very soon! I completely agree fruit and a yogurt in the morning isn't enough and even if I eat a good lunch by 3-6pm I am starving and then I'm too full be tea. It's a vicious circle then.

Yes long term plan is to move to either a bungalow or something with a bedroom down stairs. I need larger rooms more suited for wheelchair access. It's a waiting game until my case is concluded we can't plan beyond that.

My carer lost 2 considering she was bad it was an awesome result. I lost 4.5 so first 1/2 st and slimmer of the week. Massive bag of fruit to aid this weeks loss. And 2 stickers for my book

How are you tonight? Xxx

15st 5lbs! 2.5lb loss. Woop. Got drenched and battered by the wind and rain. Boo. Nate got given marshmallows at the cafe. He he, she loves spoiling him. She asked first though. He did come in eating a chocolate lollypop - my apology for him being cold and wet. Mum sts and I tried to encourage her and hopefully she'll get her half stone award next week. Less than a stone to my new club 10. 2lbs to 6 stone and 2.5 to half way to my new club 10. Need to drop 5.5 lb in 2 weeks to hit my February target.

Brilliant loss Fran well done my lovely - great to hear the positivity hun xx

Wow huge well done to you both! Amazing! I bet you were both thrilled. I like how everyone in my group is more excited about my losses than me. Probably because i plodded on quietly for so long and then stuggled for so long it's nice to see losses plodding forth again. I love my group of batty old ladies.

I hope things don't drag on too long for you and you can start making plans.

Re food, we have tea anytime from 5pm to 6pm. Given Nate can faff around for ages just eating SO slowly and he still needs his bedtime routine and in bed between 7 and 7:30pm it seems to work. He demolished dinner tonight though. With his medium rare steak and trying to steal my sprouts...

Ah I forgot my 2nd compliment of the day... which was actually earlier than the first, man at Tesco guessed my age at 22. Good in a few ways. I was drenched by the wind and rain at the time and it's closer to my real age than people usually get... but I'm still 27. Ha. With a 2 year old that looks and talks like a 4 year old. I'll take 5 years younger. Although last year I was 26 and a 20 year old thought I was 20... an old lady thought I was 16 though. Hehe. My favourite is still when people try to work out if Nate is mine or my mum's. She looks a bit too old but it does happen, I look a bit too young but it does happen, and gigantor looks older than he is so it really throws them! Genuinely hilarious to watch. We should wear age badges.

Oh I took a picture of my hair gone curly wurly post rain ....

Wow huge well done to you both! Amazing! I bet you were both thrilled. I like how everyone in my group is more excited about my losses than me. Probably because i plodded on quietly for so long and then stuggled for so long it's nice to see losses plodding forth again. I love my group of batty old ladies.

I hope things don't drag on too long for you and you can start making plans.

Re food, we have tea anytime from 5pm to 6pm. Given Nate can faff around for ages just eating SO slowly and he still needs his bedtime routine and in bed between 7 and 7:30pm it seems to work. He demolished dinner tonight though. With his medium rare steak and trying to steal my sprouts...

Ah I forgot my 2nd compliment of the day... which was actually earlier than the first, man at Tesco guessed my age at 22. Good in a few ways. I was drenched by the wind and rain at the time and it's closer to my real age than people usually get... but I'm still 27. Ha. With a 2 year old that looks and talks like a 4 year old. I'll take 5 years younger. Although last year I was 26 and a 20 year old thought I was 20... an old lady thought I was 16 though. Hehe. My favourite is still when people try to work out if Nate is mine or my mum's. She looks a bit too old but it does happen, I look a bit too young but it does happen, and gigantor looks older than he is so it really throws them! Genuinely hilarious to watch. We should wear age badges.

Oh I took a picture of my hair gone curly wurly post rain ....

Pic please lol

1392247122239.jpg

Curly :)

Thanks texty. You can tell the difference between me and last week's hormonal cow bag cant you! ? Well done on your result too. Can't believe how close to target you are! Eee!

Oh. Other compliment today was someone from where I work was saying how nice I was to two ladies I go to flab club with. But they won't say who said it for some crazy reason. Anyway. Lot's of good things today. Hope tomorrow goes well. Back to work, hopefully without a stack of emails. Im expecting one from a Canadian storyteller who is doing a thing at our church which nicely makes extra work for me even though I have masses everyone just adds on one more job but I'm only there for 16 hours a week and 2.5 is taken up by a blinking meeting! Then i get a second one on Friday's. Waiting for publicity approval then I need to make some tickets and ive to send stuff off to the parish news, I've the h&s policy to carry on writing, everything for the baptism on Sunday is done, I need to sort out some stuff for a burial on the 26th. I need to start getting Easter ready, and mother's day and flowers for 2 people who are stepping down at Easter, I need to check I can do a records search for someone and if we charge but I know asking about gravestones from the 1700s is pointless because the salt air will certainly have corroded it. Oh and I need to write a list of everyone in the parish who has died since 2009 and everyone buried in the churchyard since then too. Great :/ that's without the influx of emails I've not seen yet.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks bettyboop, feel free to chat away on here anytime. How are you getting on?

Getting on good the last few months, im your typical yo yo dieter but have been in a good phase the last while, although last week or two i have been slipping? i am one of these 100% or nothing people but having a bad week mood wise this week and its impacting my Slimming world.... hope to get out of this funk soon though! how are u today?
x

Hi Fran! How was today? Thanks we're both pleased and I'm planning on a good week. So far I'm loving the meetings. Funily enough mine has mostly batty ladies but they're all near or at target and have lots of info. We're supposed to focus on scanbran,quark and quiche this week. So far I'm doing good. Can't decide on tea yet. Nate tales do make me smile. I am 37 and I love that everyone thinks I'm in my 20's. Up until last summer I was a size 8-10 so I'm finding being a plus size hard as I'm living in a few over stretched garments. I'm adamant I won't buy a big anything which is hugely restrictive. I keep looking at my wardrobe full of amazingly lovely clothes and the 6st that's standing in my way seems a nightmare but it's stopping me from straying. I have a huge bowl of fruit that needs scoffing. Forgot how nice fruit was. Xxx

Oh bettyboob but you are doing so well from your stats. I'm terrible with bad moods. Why not pop off for a walk if the weather is good enough? It always improves my mood. I'm all good, got home from work a little while ago and chilling out for a bit.

Oh loobyjane, it must be so hard. I always think it must be harder to know what it is like to be slim than for it to be a new adventure. I like buying new clothes as I lose weight. It makes me feel good and so helps me keep going. Maybe get a little something when you get 1 stone down. It's good to treat yourself nicely, if you punish yourself you'll feel guilty and that always leads to a bad place.

Sun is finally shining but it is still windy and freezing! Everywhere is still waterlogged too so we can't even go out. Boo.

Had my heb of shredded wheat, yogurt, berries and banana.
Mid morning apple
Lunch was couscous, spices, cucumber, red onion, cherry tomatoes, chicken tikka pieces.

I am hungry though. Hmm. Nate is burying me in his books. I think he's eaten more than me today: cereal and milk, toast, satsuma, egg sandwich, banana and 2 party ring biscuits! Bread boy.

Hi Fran. I too am stuck in today. I can't cope when freezing cold windy and Rain in my wheelchair I get soaked and the cold causes such a pain flare up I suffer for ages afterwards. So had all morning in bed, hubby morning off but I was in too much leg pain to enjoy it. However I'm snuggling with my 2 Bengal house cats and my collie in our fluffy blankets on the sofa watching rubbish tv. My hair dresser came today so my hair has had a good wash and blowdry. Hubby helped me shower so I'm feeling fresh and clean. I have been given £50 from his dad so I think I will take your advice. I may get them from charity shops as its not a wasted buy then. I miss wearing my clothes and feeling great. I lost 8 st about 5ish years ago after discovering I had insulin resistance after my second pregnancy. It took ages and I thought I would never get to a size 10 so when I did I felt so good. I just want to get back there as I spent so much money on wonderful things. I will get there. It just seems a long way away. ..... Sounds like work is busy. I miss working but couldn't cope with the stress of never knowing each day if I could go in. Had my solicitor on the phone today more medical appointments in the next few weeks,I just wish they would hurry up and settle so we can get on with our lives and make adjustments that enable me more independence and pleasure too. I miss crafting,as my fine control has gone it's too difficult and painful to do it, my craft room is all packed away and hubby uses it as his office now, but if we moved to a suitable property I'd like it set out 24/7 so with my carers help we could do a little at a time. Woot kids are home :) xxx

Aww, pets are fab for making you feel better. Wow 8 stone is amazing! I get fab stuff from charity shops but I get boutique stuff too (in the sales usually!) I'm wearing a Masai dress I had at my biggest and still wear now! :) got to love a quality piece, I think I only got it for £20 though, 3 years ago when I was pregnant. I have an Anna Scott dress that I bought then and still wear now. Haha. People never believe me, I've a lot of big clothes that I still wear and still look good. This dress is more knee length than midthigh now though. When I lost 3 stone my grandad sent me £100 to spend on clothes :)

I hope everything gets settled soon. I hate being in limbo! What crafts were you into? It must be so sad to be unable to do the things you enjoyed. But your future plans sound great :)

Had the sweet and sour pork but I added more superfree. A lot of the plan seems pretty superfree sparse! Tomorrow breakfast is supposed to be 2 HiFi lights and a yogurt, no mention of any superfree at all! So I added courgette, onion and red onion and mushrooms to the recipe with enough left for tomorrow's lunch - rather than buy an innocent noodle pot. Seems backwards to buy a ready meal of something I've got leftovers in. Curry tomorrow and I will be adding aubergine to it too and cooking it in the slow cooker.

I do enjoy work but coming in to 4 voicemail messages and 24 emails, it's a bit annoying. One was for the other church, and another a funeral for some one who is not even dead :/ crazy people. And people volunteering my time. Oh and the lighting system apparently wasn't working. But got some steps forward with bits.

Back