How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

On 4 syns for one of my cakes. Needs more sweetener and spices but they are good. Nate loves them! I'll definitely take another bash at them.

Just had some grapes and a yogurt but now I'm craving sweet stuff and hungry. What shall I have?!

Update on food other than sweet potato muffin (sounds wrong but think carrot cake), grapes and yogurt:
Nasi goreng - rice, onion, chicken, peppers, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, butternut squash, courgette, aubergine, mushroom, curry powder.

Food food food...

He likes variety but he's lazy and wants to be fed, so he does get told what for. I've found 3.5 syn banana muffins too. Mmm.

Decided to do Nate's party the Saturday after his birthday rather than before so that I've got time to have a good crack at potty training again. 4th time lucky? Wednesday after group with me, Thursday home with me and 4 hours with mum at mine, Friday I have off from work so we'll stay in, then we have a run through the weekend and Monday. If I ask for Tuesday off from the childminder we have another day before first day at preschool. I've got the Monday and Tuesday off from work already.

Fran you really made me laugh!

I had Jehovah's witnesses come round to see me today and there I was with big fluffy pjs that's crotch has split, covered in dog hair as my carer had helped me groom the dog, and I stank as when I'm in high pain flare my body goes into over drive. We had planned a shower but not until my pain patches that I wear have been on the right amount of time because they're so expensive I don't get spares.

We live up in a corner with 8 council flats next door, they're for over 50's and this used to be the wardens house before the pull cord electronic call centres, so it got sold off, the guy extended it by double and we have a big garden and a drive big enough for 4 cars, when ever someone parks in their residents bays we get the blame, if someone makes a mess in the road, we get the blame. There's a old couple who have lived in the block for 25+ years and have never got over a family moving in, never mind a family with pets! Social services had to give them what for when they started moaning at carers coming and going, it's funny because they get so wound up they march up and down the long drive behind all the flats to our driveway.

Sounds to me you've got some good weekend's coming up, as for potty training. My youngest just did it as being autistic he hated damp nappies really quickly and just stopped suddenly, my eldest was completely different he refused to do it, took until his 3rd birthday and he woke up said I'm big now and he drove me bonkers, every five minutes I need a wee, we were in Portugal at the time on holiday and sightseeing with Mr I need the loo drove me mad, made worse because the in-laws were with us and his nanny encouraged him to keep getting us to pull over. However we came home nearly 2 weeks later he was dry. Xxx

Afternoon Fran... Hope you're having a good day lovely... Wow you've got some busy weekends ahead! Oh and good luck with the potty training... Matty was 3 yrs 4 months when he finally got the hang of it! Xx

Hey ladies. Not just me that has sexy jim jam moments. Is it bad that it could have been worse!?!

Nate would happily sit in his own sh*t all day. He's never been bothered by being soiled. It's tricky as mum helps out with childcare and is.... ahem... very opinionated. Does my head in a bit. Fingers crossed it will twig this time. He loves mummys cakes and they seem to be making him more regular. Not me though :/ I've finally got some movement down there after several days of nothing hopefully things will tick along. Yesterday my scales showed 4.8lbs up from 4.0 at the weekend. Today 6.5!!! I do not know how it is possible to go up nearly 2lbs overnight. Ha. Anyway hopefully it is "bulk in the system". A phrase that makes me want to vomit. We did do pancakes, non stick little pan. Nate was elated to have them and amazed at my flipping skills. I was pretty amazed too. Those used my syns for today. Just got to keep myself awake now for a bit in the vain hope things develop

As you can tell from my ramble I'm exhausted still. 1 week until drs appointment and hopefully some answers and feeling less crappy and tired. Talking to another mum today and her son wakes at 4:45am and sometimes at 5am and he'll sometimes stretch to 6am in her and her hubbys bed! I'm so lucky with Nate! He also went a bit mental today when he fell over. I see if nates ok. If crying he gets a cuddle and kiss the hurt bit and popped off to play again but he was crazy hysterical then he was wailing because another child was playing with the pushchair. Then Nate had it and I asked Nate to bring it over for the little boy. This boy then wails that he doesn't want to play with Nate. So Nate pops off again playing and gives the pushchair to another child that wanted it and this boy goes crazy again because he wants the pushchair. Every time it was available he wailed and every time another child got it he wailed. I would not have been hugging Nate at this point. He'd be told to go and play and stop being silly. Nate was told off by me. He snatched a toy from a little girl. I told him off, made him give it back and made him say sorry. I know people might think that was strict or unfair as the other child wasn't crying or anything but I'm not raising a snatchy child and it isn't behavior i tolerate. Maybe I'm more strict because it is just the two of us and I go to work most days, although only for a short while. Maybe other people are following the trend where their kids don't need to respect others. I dunno. He's a fab boy though :) the birthday presents we got on Saturday are still in a bag in the hallway and he's not touched them! Mum also told me that when they took him to their's last week he saw his birthday presents on the table. He asked what they were. Mum said they were for next door and the postman had to leave them there because next door weren't in. She told me he looked at her as though he knew she was lying but he didn't play up at all and happily played with something else. She was really surprised because of the look he gave her, like he knew she was lying but it was ok. Bless him. He keeps trying to forcefeed me smarties too - urgh. But quite sweet in going "one for me, one for you!" He'd never say he didn't want to play with another child or exclude anyone. Usually he is offering toys and bikes to those with nothing. For that I'm incredibly proud. He is genuinely concerned by other children crying too. And although sometimes he's a scrotty knob, in general he is a love.

He sounds adorable Fran, your parenting style is very similar to mine, I used to get criticised by my Dragon mother in law for being too strict, however my kids do understand the rights from wrong and even my autistic son is well behaved which isn't always easy but they know my rules and I'm lucky they're genuinely great boys. Not many teens chose being with parents over going to do something with friends, my nearly 15yr old says I'd rather just see them at school and do stuff at the weekend as a family. Thinking about your tiredness do you get enough iron and vitamin b6? Sounds like you need to borrow my liquid dynamite, finally got it this afternoon, I hope I can get out of the bathroom tomorrow for weigh in good luck for the morning, can't believe it's Tuesday night again already. Xx

I've done it, ended up buying the 2 in 1 as I would never pay the £280+ and hubby said to get it and he will give me the money to buy it, although we share our money so it's all the same really but if he suggested buying it to help me then I don't feel guilty. Daft or what. Anyway should be here Thursday so chips will be on the menu, any tried and tested recipes you have to share or tips all gratefully received. I'm off to bed. catch you tomorrow at the other side of weigh in xx

Nate sounds so adorable. Good luck for today's WI x

Afternoon Fran.... You're a fab mummy to Nate, I would have done the exact same thing hun..... I'm quite strict with certain things, I can't be doing with people like you've described, children need to learn and if that means being told off instead of cuddled, so be it! God that makes me sound awful but hopefully you know what I mean.

Hope you're having a good day lovely xx

Well I stayed the same. Pooped still, always cold, nails are split, weight doesn't care what I do and not going to the loo very often rubbish concentration. It's been suggested my thyroid could be crapped out too. I dunno I could just be run down with a buggered up chest.

Anyhoo, apologies for being quiet etc. Just knackered and trying not to sleep all the time

That is just pants Fran. I think the sooner you get to the docs the better. Ask for a thyroid test & tell them how tired you are.

Hugs & hope you feel better soon.

Poor you. Get checked out by the doctor as soon as you can. I gained 1.5 last night for no reason! WTF is that all about!

Hi hun. I will ask them to check but I dunno what's going on to be honest. Mum has low thyroid but it could explain my gaining on the 7 day plan! Work tomorrow, then play date, then food delivery if I remember to oder it, then book mobile. Urgh.

Anju wtf? Were you still on ff?!? Stupid scales!

To be honest i work 4 days a week, trying to get it when i can get there will be a pain in the ass. Especially as you can sit waiting for your appointment for 40 minutes. I've either to walk there or get the one bus an hour. I'm a moaning Minnie today.

Good news I got Nate his Easter egg! There was a Thornton's gruffalo egg on offer, when i went to get it the lady told me she had an actual chocolate gruffalo! So I got him that and mum paid for the egg and they are safely stored at hers :) £5.36 for both. He doesn't get thousands of eggs. Just one from me and one from my parents. Mum said he was spoiled today when i said what he's got for his birthday, but other than the fish, which we haven't got yet, his presents have come to £40. Mostly because the teaset was massively reduced because of a dent in the box, the games were in a huge January leappad sale and the thing I got him today was reduced to £5 probably old Xmas stock. It is a cars book with a big road play mat and 12 cars figures.

Think tomorrow will be rice pud and fruit for breakfast, sandwich for lunch and I've got some chicken in might roast some thighs with veg and something or maybe chicken with tomato sauce topped with cheese hea?

Can't seem to think everything out now. Bum brains

Aww hun... You're really not yourself at the mo are you? Hope the doc is thorough with you.
We don't spend a lot on birthday pressies either... When they're that young they don't know how much you've spent anyway. It's matty's birthday in less than a month :eek: haven't even thought about what I'm getting him :rolleyes:

Hope the next week goes quick for you and you start to feel better soon hun xx

Oh anju wtf is wrong with them scales, try not to be disheartened it could be they need calibration again as sw consultants do move them around and they do need redoing every so often, fingers crossed it's a blip and next Wednesday gives you the results you deserve.

FRAN I am sending huge hugs, sts is unfair but I gained being constipated last week and consultant did say your body stops losing in those circumstances because it holds extra fluid, my bomb juice did nothing to help last night, so have doubled it tonight, it's so hard to get motivated or enthusiastic when you feel so rough. I hope the drs find something helpful and that you pick up soon. Xxx

Thanks ladies. I sat down earlier, then saw on here I forgot to go to the book mobile. Off we went! Books are got and back home. Then i tried to write something on my hudl and it died mid post. Forgot to charge it. Lol. No hope! Thank you for the link Sheila, the period thing answered some questions. Mum has low thyroid. Thing is it could be anything. Today's suggestions have been anemia, run down and chest infection. All I know is I feel like crap, my body isn't working and it needs checking out.

B: rice pudding with fruit. Still hungry so I had bacon and egg too.
L: I forgot! So not like me!
S: had my skinny cakes with friend and the kids. They went down well so I sent them home with more. Lol. (3.5)
D: chicken, potato, carrot, cauliflower, broccoli and sprouts!

Back