How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

Hi hun. Just got home from the drs. She thinks it is asthma AND thyroid. Turns out chopped liver period and it's recent randomness are all symptoms. She said the cough was symptomatic of it too. Anyway I've got an inhaler and an appointment for Monday for blood tests and an appointment with the dr again on Thursday for the results. I said I didn't want to think it was thyroid just because mum has it. Funny thing is I didn't mention the period thing but she'd read my notes and raised it because I'd gone last spring/summer about it.

So I might have answers come Thursday afternoon.

Sounds like the doc knew what she was talking about. At least you are making some progress and getting answers. Off to WI, not sure what the scales will do tonight. Wish me luck x

Hi thanks ladies. I don't care what it is as long as they can make it so I stop feeling like this. I was amazed she read my notes. Normally they don't have a clue who you are! That said I don't think I've been since last may/June. But what's weird is how close she lived from where I used to live. Mind she was from lancashire... tut tut. She was quite certain what it was. I'm still not sure - we'll see what Thursday throws up. It means I have to miss a bit of Monday's meeting and I nearly made it later in the week but I work with lovely people and they need me better so I can work properly. Imagine an admin with no concentration or memory! It took me 2 days to remember who a person was and why I was trying to ring them! It's bloody embarrassing. Annoyingly Nate has given me his cold too so I'm a body of doom! At least we got some body magic in walking home!

Anju fingers crossed for a wonderful result for you tonight. :) let us know how you get on.

Today's been ok
B: 35g blueberry wheats, fruit, yogurt
S: apple
L: tuna salad 1 syn for olives. A yogurt
S: crisps 4 syns, pear, left over mince and veg sauce warmed through.

Going to have chicken with a tomato sauce and cheese on top, debating between veg or salad. I think veg with butternut squash"chips" as planned. Late dinner as Nate was late to bed because we were late home because of drs appointment of which I could only remember 4 and 20. 20 to 4 or 20 past 4 I thought. Nope.... 4:40pm. Lol. I did say I had no memory!

Should add mum called to see how I got on and was a bit pissy that I might have what she has. I'm sat here hoping i have something else - 1so it's not lifelong and 2 so mum doesn't get the hump! They did test my thyroid at 17 I remember but it was fine. I'd had such severe depression so young for so long they needed to check it. Esp when I was sleeping from 5pm until 7am.

Hi Fran - glad she took the time to look at your notes, your right so many dont. I had a feeling she may mention Asthma which is why I asked the other day had you been tested for it. I hope for your sake its not your thyroid but if it is, the sooner its diagnosed the sooner they can treat you hun. You cant go on like you have been.

Booo to the cold thats all you need right now ((big hugs)) xx

I know. No bloody hope for me is there! My puffy thing was 360 I dunno what it's supposed to be. When she came up to me to listen to my chest Nate stood up and came towards me and looked like he was going to shove her over and charge to my defense. So cute. He got a sticker and then flirted with the receptionist while i was making the other appointments So he was happy.

Got to stay up until mum and dad come to pick up their dog. Yawn.

the peak flow varies depending on age sex and size hun - it measures the air flow into your lungs. They normally take the best of 3 readings x

Lost 2 tonight. Slowly inching closer to 6 stone. Only 1.5lb to go. Good luck for WI tomorrow x

Up 3. Joy. Plod plod plod and it makes no difference. Got a few jobs done at home. Nothing much, stripping the beds, set of laundry, cut the grass, cleaned the lounge (ish). Did a bit at a time and bought pizza for tea - it honestly feels like "what's the point". Bloody childminder cashed January's cheque in on march 6th and February's on march 12th. No wonder there was less there than I thought! But I got some good news. They'd miscalculated my council tax and housing help because they didn't take into account my childcare costs. They won't back pay from November when they ballsed it up, just from today, but it is something because my wage is 112 per week and I'm paying about £80 rent per week and £127 council tax per month. I was literally better off financially not working. So the fella is sending out a form and I can get it sorted from April he thinks. Ye gads I might be better off a bit!

So next month I might feel less crappy AND I might have a bit more money. Finished getting Nate stuff from the money great grandad sent. He got a giraffe from the zoo (toy not real!) A football today and his books arrived today too. I can squeeze plenty out of £25! No reply from Nate's dad re sending him a card but I got him an awesome digger one :) with a badge. And it is dad's birthday tomorrow and Nate wrote his own name inside and wrote a very messy grandad on the outside. His d and g are most questionable!

Boo to the gain. Know what you mean about plodding on though... Do sometimes question whether it is worth it, then reality hits that there is no way I am going back to how I was.
When is Nate's birthday. Really cute him writing his name in grandad card x

Hi Fran! Glad the Dr has taken it seriously. The peakflow should be 480-530 for your age and sex, weight doesn't affect it by much. So that will be why she didn't do more than one, when mine is as low as yours was they start talking steroids and I'm older than you :( boohoo. The inhalers may be just what you need and once the thyroid is sorted you'll loose more weight and may not need the inhalers as much. Crap day on the scales I'm so sorry it's really not fair! I'm cross my constipation is chronic again and I'm eating tins roof prunes, tripling the laxatives and still no joy, it's so unfair! Hope this next 7 days fly by so you've got your results, it's annoying having to wait. Xx

Hey Anju. It's the 24th of this month :) he's just been invited to a birthday party on April 6th :) should be a big do. I'm just inviting a handful of kids round to play. He doesn't quite get party games still. Nate loves writing his name, mostly he likes writing "t", he wrote it for nana's card last month too. Decided for mother's day im making mum a doggy pin cushion :) she needs a proper one for her quilting. I've picked the fabric just need to draw up a pattern and make it.

Hi Jane. I feel for you. My 2-3 a week has dropped to one a week. I can't really suggest much to help to be honest. I just hope thinhs move along for you! I can't let myself believe what she said until after the tests. She was so sure so quick. I did find out the spots I get in my armpits and rpund my boobs aren't just spots but some weird thing nicknamed inverse acne caused by some autoimmune disorder usually. So stupid all these things that were just niggling annoyances... the grip was worrying me though. I couldn't open a bottle of water the other day or a latch today. Although i got a cord, looped it around the latch and pulled that with both hands. Muhahaha can't stop me!

I told my c what was going on. She said she thought i knew I was asthmatic already. I said no, I just found out and she said she's asthmatic and could hear I was by talking to me?!? I didn't realise it was such a difference Jane! I was quite proud when i saw it wizz up. I thought I did well. Lol. I'll just be glad when i know what's what.

Only got tomorrow left for this working week. Woo. Funeral is sorted for Monday afternoon and I've a meeting with the vicar at around noon. Other than that I'll have to see what crazy emails have come through! got a dot of design work and some web stuff too.

Foodwise not a clue! Someone want to tell me what to eat?! I'm debating tuna salad at work again for lunch. I've chicken in the fridge I can cook for tea. No idea what I fancy doing with it. Maybe I'll get some sticks and do some we kabab things with salad and sw chips. Breakfast either bacon butty or rice pud. If I do bacon butty I can do carrot chips maybe and have a red day? The butternut squash chips were awesome.

I love olives. Yum.I've had 1 syn mini jammy dodger and half a syn of tomato ketchup. 2.5 today.

Dinner I cooked off marinated chicken and vegetables and made sw chips. Simple and good.

Still just want to binge alllll day. But haven't.

Tomorrow breakfast will be magic pancakes. Lunch is going to be a salad with bacon, chicken and hard boiled egg. No olives :p I might make up a mustard dressing. Hopefully the weather will be nice and I can eat it on the beach. I'm stuck for dinner though. I was wondering about prawn pasta.

Back