How to lose half your body weight in 10 days (Or a bit longer!)

It's great that Nate liked his bike - I can just imagine him pedalling away as proud as Punch!

Grockles? A local term for day-trippers/holiday-makers, I presume. Catch 22 situation isn't it - they spoil your own enjoyment of the beach etc but the local economy depends on them to some extent.

I'd skip the HExs unless you get hungry - there's no point in eating them for the sake of it and it won't hurt once in a while! Half a lamb for £65? Wow - that's good and you know where it's come from which is a bonus.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

It's a balance bike, so no pedals. They learn to balance on two wheels and propel themselves forward by skipping their feet along the floor, then when they are ready you move on to a normal pedal bike and skip the stabilizers stage. I got it because he never used the pedals, then, on Tuesday he finally decides he will use the pedals on the trikes after all!!! Git.

Grockles does mean holidaymakers. Thankfully they tend to be in the town rather than in my village, they walk over and often stop at the church, but it's not too bad. It does mean that rents go sky high so independents can't afford it and we're getting overrun by chain stores and billions of cafes that all shut out of season :/

I did skip the healthy extras, I'm so used to using my heb in the morning I forget. I'm a bit peckish now but i am not eating this late, I'm about to go to sleep!

The lamb is from the next town over. Just got to wait to see if mum wants to go in on it. I've not room for half a lamb and it'd be silly just for Nate and I. We've a local farmer in uplyme, he brings us free rabbit. yum. mum and dad get some free offal too, they do buy bits from him as well! we sound so scroungy, but he needed to get rid of some of the rabbits on his land and he rightly figured that we like it. I doubt he asked anyone else on mum and dad's road. Pretty sure they wouldn't like our yummy pauper meat. lol. If you see me eating lamb for the next few weeks for every meal you'll know why!

Yep, you don't have to teach them twice this way. He's riding round on it in the garden now. Just going nice and slowly for now.

Just got back from church, baptism, leaving do thing. So hot and lots of people! Nate was eating everything so I got away with not eating the food or drinking the pimms. I found sugar free lemonade and had that. I cooked up a full English this morning for 1.5 syns which is seeing me through, probably until dinner. Hot but cloudy here. Supposed to rain tomorrow we shall see. We were planning to walk/bike towards mum and dad and hopefully meet them along the way. They live on the same road as the vicar where we have our meeting.

I'll do roast pork later. For now we are chilling out. At the moment it seems to involve me setting Nate up with an activity and them him not wanting to do it and whinging. Roll on next week's cooler weather when hopefully he'll be less grotty.

That's not enough. Why not make an omelette or a frittata - quick and easy.

Hot weather is hard for little ones to cope with and as they've got quite a short attention span anyway it does make life very difficult for parents - you have my sympathy! Hope you felt better for having a nap.

I agree with Anju that your dinner didn't look enough, but if you didn't fancy anything else then so be it - be guided by your appetite.

Today has been cloudy and cooler with a welcome breeze. We had some heavy rain last night so I didn't have to go and water the allotment which saved a lot of work. Was glad I hadn't done it yesterday!

I had some strawberries and a yogurt too.

Feel like I've been knocked sideways again! I've barely done anything and thought I was coming out the other side of this but I think I was just managing it better. It's like flu where you can't focus properly and your limbs feel like they've been injected with lead. Just of to bed in a mo. Finish my drink first. Mum doesn't believe the diagnosis and I feel like I'm doing ok then I just get knocked out by surprise.

Nate was good. I put on Jake and the neverland pirates. He said he tried to wake me to make me happy :s he knows that mummy gets tired sometimes and he is very good when i have no choice but to flake out. He was thrilled and baffled at mummy not cooking a dinner.

Earlier he came out with "mama, where's my octagon?" When he was playing with a baby puzzle at work. Mum said maybe i should let him ride his bike without his helmet. Tee hee. Little bright spark despite mummy sitting him infront of the tv and giving him not a proper dinner and letting him guzzle trifle and crackers at work today. Haha. He has taken to saying what I say at the same time as my saying it when he doesn't know what I'm going to say. It's incredibly annoying.

Hope your feeling better today hun. Any idea what could be triggering this attack?

Nope :( normally we stay in on Sunday and I did a little bit of extra walking on Thursday but we only walked to the park and back on Saturday. It's very frustrating. Still knackered this morning but I've got a meeting to get to *yawn*

Was down 1lb this morning. Not great but ok. I did want two this week but those scales were up and down all week. By scales i mean my weight! It's 9.5lbs in 3 weeks. Pretty sure it's been a combo of heat, aunt flo and my body saying WTF I can't lose loads every week woman give me a week off huge losses! My aim this month was tp lose 7lbs, so I've squished that goal. I want to be 1 stone down by the end of August. 4.5lbs in 4 weeks. Should be doable.

Amazing result Fran. Well done! My body does that too. I almonst imagine it sayin to me "what heck I gave you a good loss last week! Leave me alone for a bit!" 4.5lb in August is totally do-able. Good luck x

Thanks love. Gearing up for a good week. Not long since had lunch. Very late! Walked to the vicar's, then to work, then to mum and dad's, then home.

B: porridge heb,banana, berries
S: apple
L: pear. Prawn pasta with shallots, mushrooms, garlic, baby courgettes, passata. Frozen grapes

Dinner will be the roast pork dinner I didn't cook yesterday! Yum yum. I'll have to get it started soon and clean up the kitchen again. I've got 4 jam jars and a vase full of flowers :) some are sweet peas bought today 60p, my favourite, then a few are left from last week and I got a new mixed bunch that were too much for my vase. So everything is very pretty :) got a big cucumber for 25p. £1.45 and happy me. They had an onion as big as a baby's head for 40p. It was enormous. Love popping there for bits. Our potatoes are nearly ready, cucumber plants are a bit iffy, getting a second set of strawberries through and our tomatoes/peppers are finally flowering. Broccoli all got killed and we have one lettuce! It's been fun to do with Nate and he's learnt a lot. Everything was grown from seed except potatoes which were grown from potatoes and strawberries we bought. Not a huge success but it's been great for us :) I'm sure we'll try again next year! Hopefully by then we can put down slug pellets without Nate eating them..

I have got this week planned but they might need a wiggle round given yesterday/today. I'm looking forward to the numbers skipping down the scales. Bit annoying to lose it twice but I think I needed that time.

We also have lots of chilli plants we accidentally grew!

Nate is demolishing dinner. I had a potato, a piece of meat, carrots, a piece of broccoli,1.5 pieces of cauliflower and some roasted shallots and completely gave up. I did have 4syns of crackling. Yep, I weighed it! Probably because lunch was so late. I might have what's left later, I might not!

I'm not sure what milk le vicar uses, I had a cup of tea there and I'm just counting it as my whole hea. Used my heb on oats and just used 4 syns so far today.

Been good all of last week ready for WI tomorrow and Aunt Flo turns up! So annoyed!

I was a slow loser and also found that my body would not cooperate; it seemed that the harder I tried, the less likely I was to lose. And I'm past the age where I could blame Aunt Flo!

I hope you feel a bit less cream-crackered today - you've certainly seem to have done a lot of walking.

It's great that you and Nate grow some fruit and veg together. It's frightening how many people can't recognise basic crops or know how they grow. Are you trying full-size cucumbers or the mini lunch-box size? I grow the latter because I'm the only one at home who eats cues.

Hi patty, I'm normally quite slow. I've never lost weight this quickly before. I'm just hoping if I just plan meals and plod forth knowing the weight will come off one way or another. It should be ok.

I don't feel flattened like I did yesterday. I'll be off to bed after I've done my nails. The walking wasn't too bad, relatively flat and not huge distances just a lot of back and forth!

We did tomatoes last year but that was from plants my grandad grew. This is our first year from seed. I've got a bit of a death finger rather than green finger so I'm thrilled anything has grown to flower. They are just normal cucumber plants. Our first set of flowers got burnt up by the sun but they seem to be growing more through now. We might only get tiny ones through if anything! It'll be October at this rate before we'll get anything. It's nice for him to learn and it's a nice easy science project learning about roots and how plants make their food and how they grow flowers which turn to fruit and how some things grow above ground and some grow under ground. He had plums fresh from the tree this morning at mum and dad's and was yammering about making a plum pie. Haha trouble! He loves cucumber. It was the first veg he'd eat raw. He prefers his veg cooked. He had the same dinner as me with all the veg and he gobbled it all up. I keep forgetting kids often don't like veg because it's not been an issue in this house. If it is meat/fish, potatoes and veg I'll often let him pick the veg and sometimes I'll let him pick how we have the potato. Not always else it'd be sw chips every time!

Well done on the loss hunni thats brilliant. Hope you manage an early(ish) night so that your not so knackered x

Hey I was ok today. Long day though. Got home from work and got picnic snacky stuff ready for the park. I was very good and stuck to the fruit and carrot sticks I brought. No to biscuits, or cheesey dip, no to cheese straws and other stuff. Fab. And I've a little more room in the fridge but only got 3 strawberries to last the week so might pop into town tomorrow.

B: scrambled egg on heb toast no superfree, whoops
L: lemony orzo salad, 2 syns for olive oil, yogurt, apple
S: carrot sticks, melon, pineapple
D: is cooking now, cajun spiced chicken, sw chips and carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.

See my halo and watch it shine.

I'm spicing and cooking some of the other chicken so it's simply ready to eat. I'll do a piri piri and a curry powder.

Back