How to make green tea! This tip is from Dom1979!

Mini

Administrator
Staff member
Just butting in. A lot of people 'burn' green tea which makes it bitter. You have to make sure the water isn't boiling (I put some cold water from the filter in first, then boiling water), and then only brew it for a couple of minutes. Mind you, you might just not like it!!!!

I'll shut up now

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's very important. I drink green and white tea very often (around 5 days a week).
I let the water boil a bit, then I switch off the stove and fill a mug with the hot water. After 2 minutes I put a tea bag, it brews smothly :)

Ahhh that's interesting to know, thanks.

I tried it once and hated it, thinking maybe that's why. Will give it another try.

Many many thanks!
Tried, tested and loving the end result, am converted! :D

Never though to brew it that way, will do tht next time.

I was converted over to green tea over 3 years ago and haven't looked back. It's so much more refreshing than black tea with milk.
This is how I make mine too :)

I use green tea leaves - make it in a small bowl like OP - then strain into a large Lock and Lock Tea Bottle with a filter then top up with cold water and put in the fridge. Don't like it hot but it is brilliant cold with ice.

Very interesting!!

I know this thread is a million years old, but that is interesting, thank you so much I will deffo try tomorrow :)

I was amazed when I discovered how much better coffee tasted about 6 months ago when someone told me it burns the coffee if you put the boiling water straight into the mug, now I always put the milk in first and it makes the world of difference to the taste!!

I may even convert to green tea now, much healthier ;)

Back