how to make our cravings xenical friendly?

Well if you start a thread thats like torture what can you expect? ;o)
Not just our own cravings but everyone elses and it sounds so gooooooooooood!

a BIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG bar of chocci *drooooolz*

Hey its not like you dont think about ur craving.. you genrally do.. so no harm in sharing it with everyone. Plus its nice to see what everyone craves.. and what everyone is WILLING to give up for thier body to look better.

Looks like SOME people are actually benefitting from this thread!!

chocolate eclairs... yum

I'm not arguing, I just cant stop thinking about ice cream! ;o)

There's nothing that I don't eat, everything is fine in moderation! Plus I don't don't like to think of this as a diet.. it's a permanent lifestyle change for me. Slim people eat crisps and chocolate and pizza etc but in moderation...and as I expect to be slim one day I expect I'll still want to eat those unhealthy foods too..so I'm teaching myself to limit the quantity and frequency now.

I also feel that denying yourself your fave foods just puts extra strain on your willpower and unfortunately ends up in people giving up (as I've tried many times before!)

Anyway, that's just my two pence worth, it works for me and each to their own i say!

Hope xx

My current WOE doesn't let me but I only need to lose a stone before I'll start allowing in VERY occasional treats. I have rubbish willpower, I need to prove this to myself. If I can go without those things for a month that will be a good thing. I think it's just the knowing I cant have it that makes me want it. Slightly off thread there. I'll keep telling myself I've got 3 weeks to go, that's nothing!

well today is a different day and a different craving.....does that count? lol

YESSS!!!!

Get Belgian Chocolate eclairs in Asda for £1.88 in the frozen food section...

81 kcal per eclair (I think there is about 6 in a packet)

Fat 11.7g/7.1g per 100g and 3.5g/2.1g per eclair

You can get them in Morrisons and The Co-op but I always find them hard to get in Tesco for some reason...

:D
Mmm thanks oh so if i have special occasion i can be a little bit naughty with out being really bad:D:D

There's nothing that I don't eat, everything is fine in moderation! Plus I don't don't like to think of this as a diet.. it's a permanent lifestyle change for me. Slim people eat crisps and chocolate and pizza etc but in moderation...and as I expect to be slim one day I expect I'll still want to eat those unhealthy foods too..so I'm teaching myself to limit the quantity and frequency now.

I also feel that denying yourself your fave foods just puts extra strain on your willpower and unfortunately ends up in people giving up (as I've tried many times before!)

Anyway, that's just my two pence worth, it works for me and each to their own i say!

Hope xx

I also beleive in moderation and i am makeing a consious life style change not a diet but have learnt over the years that some of those foods really are for treat time special occasions i will never be a thin person eatting what thin people eat because my body doesn't handle it i can be slim but need to know what my bodys limits are which is why i am using xenical it sure shows you what your food contains it is all about retraining my relationship with food :D:D

Hope xx

Oh I wish that I could be like that - everything in moderation... Unfortunately I can't allow myself permission to eat everything in moderation regularly.

I have to face the fact that I, like someone else has posted here, will never be able to eat in moderation... I will always have a problem with food. My idea of moderation is not eating a 12 pack of crisp by leaving 2 packets. I can't stop myself when I start and thats why I have to be so strict with myself.

Its why WW doesn't work for me because I can eat what ever I want within my points... and so I do - I don't learn to eat better, I just learn how to eat very poorly, but to within my points.

Maybe one day in the future I will be able to, but right now, I can't see that day because I have to focus on today, which means I have to give up eating some kinds of foods.

An interesting post this one! :D

I also beleive in moderation and i am makeing a consious life style change not a diet but have learnt over the years that some of those foods really are for treat time special occasions

Hi, I totally agree with you, I wasn't implying that I just eat my fave food all the time.. I've just learnt to incorporate it into my balanced diet.

My downfall was pizza.. my hubby and I used to order a 16" double cheese and pepperoni approx every 5 or 6 days..and wolf the lot! Now we only order a 12" every 3rd week..and I usually end up leaving some (never heard of before lol)

I really needed to be able to learn to stop eating once I was full and to stop over ordering and I really feel that continuing to eat some bad foods whilst on Xenical has taught me to do that. When you're so aware of what's coming out it acts as a deterrent to stuffing in more than you need.

We still order takeaways but only half the amount and I always leave some.. for me it's all about portion control and learning self discipline.

I'd rather know that I can have a little of what I fancy every so often than deprive myself and crave it like mad.... plus, I find that when I don't make a food "forbidden" I often don't eat it anyway as I don't get the cravings..if that makes any sense to anyone lol

That said I'm well aware that everyone's minds and bodies work differently and this approach isn't for everyone...but I do wish everyone the very best with their own personal goals :vibes:

Hope xx

M&S Extremely Chocolatey Minibites. But I'd break the rule and have at least 5 tubs of them. Then I'd start again the next day with more tubs and... that would be that! There's the problem in a nutshell - when I think about chocolate, I don't think about just having a bar or a single treat, I want it ALL!!!

I got 'issues' with it, evidently, so I have to just opt for healthier substitutes. Sad but true. Once I start with it, I just don't stop.

I fancy opal fruits/starbursts today. Or frutella. that sort of thing

M&S Extremely Chocolatey Minibites. But I'd break the rule and have at least 5 tubs of them. Then I'd start again the next day with more tubs and... that would be that! There's the problem in a nutshell - when I think about chocolate, I don't think about just having a bar or a single treat, I want it ALL!!!

I got 'issues' with it, evidently, so I have to just opt for healthier substitutes. Sad but true. Once I start with it, I just don't stop.

Oh yeah I heart M&S Chocolate Mini bites... I remember (not too distant past either) that they were on offer - 3 for 2 or something like that... I think I managed to eat the lot in 1 day.:eek::eek::eek:

Can I be in your club too Iris... I have issues too!Lol xx

Mmm seem to recall them around easter time i bought them for the children. went into work with them and we demolished the lot:eek::cry::break_diet::copon: i would never have done that at home, if it is for the kids i don't touch it. but they didn't know:rolleyes: and they were very yummy;):D

Oh yeah I heart M&S Chocolate Mini bites... I remember (not too distant past either) that they were on offer - 3 for 2 or something like that... I think I managed to eat the lot in 1 day.:eek::eek::eek:

Can I be in your club too Iris... I have issues too!Lol xx

I remember, around Christmas 2006 I think it was, one of my little trips into M&S - must admit, I made trips there just for their sweet stuff... their mince pies, their dark choc jaffa cakes, their INCREDIBLE chocolate brownie bar, their caramel Viennese biscuits... I'll stop there before I drown in my own reminiscing drool!

But this trip I made they had the Extremely Chocolatey Minibites on 3 for 2, and I bought 9 tubs. God, the shame. And as soon as I got back to the carpark, I wrenched one open and ate a whole tub just sitting in the carpark. I'd probably have started on another tub, but I was late getting home. Still, I demolished the lot within 2 days. Totally hooked on them. You know how some people say 'oh, they're lovely but they're so rich, I can only eat a few before I start to feel sick'? Well, b*llocks to that! I've never felt remotely sick when eating chocolate. I could eat it incessantly forever. I'm a bottomless chocoholic pit!!

I think we do probably need a specific support group/club for this! You're very welcome to join... the problem is, we'd all probably just sit around remembering all our former chocolate loves! :p

You know how some people say 'oh, they're lovely but they're so rich, I can only eat a few before I start to feel sick'? Well, b*llocks to that! I've never felt remotely sick when eating chocolate.

Oh LOL that made laugh :roofles:

I remember, around Christmas 2006 I think it was, one of my little trips into M&S - must admit, I made trips there just for their sweet stuff... their mince pies, their dark choc jaffa cakes, their INCREDIBLE chocolate brownie bar, their caramel Viennese biscuits... I'll stop there before I drown in my own reminiscing drool!

But this trip I made they had the Extremely Chocolatey Minibites on 3 for 2, and I bought 9 tubs. God, the shame. And as soon as I got back to the carpark, I wrenched one open and ate a whole tub just sitting in the carpark. I'd probably have started on another tub, but I was late getting home. Still, I demolished the lot within 2 days. Totally hooked on them. You know how some people say 'oh, they're lovely but they're so rich, I can only eat a few before I start to feel sick'? Well, b*llocks to that! I've never felt remotely sick when eating chocolate. I could eat it incessantly forever. I'm a bottomless chocoholic pit!!

I think we do probably need a specific support group/club for this! You're very welcome to join... the problem is, we'd all probably just sit around remembering all our former chocolate loves! :p

Oh yeah, I have never, ever understood the whole, I can't eat a lot of them or they make me feel sick. Nah, I don't get it! I like all sweet stuff, M&S birthday cake with the balloons - could probably eat a whole one. Seriously! I eat until I feel sick and then stop and then start again but chocolate is my main one really.

I'm glad I have found a kindred spirit!

It doesn't need to be sweet for me. When I'm in a binge mood I go through the cupboards and fridge eating everything I like - sweet or not. Toast with full butter; crisps; custard creams; chocolate (of course!); ice cream; scotch pancakes; crumpets (again with full butter).

Oh dear :break_diet: - the only thing I leave alone is the fruit :eek:

It doesn't need to be sweet for me. When I'm in a binge mood I go through the cupboards and fridge eating everything I like - sweet or not. Toast with full butter; crisps; custard creams; chocolate (of course!); ice cream; scotch pancakes; crumpets (again with full butter).

Oh dear :break_diet: - the only thing I leave alone is the fruit :eek:

sounds like me but my huge down fall is cheese:eek:

Back