How to successfully restart?

majic1982

Ugh..... I've posted before.. and then disappeared, and then reappeared, and then disappeared... you get the picture!

Same thing goes for the diet! I started LL back in 2006 and managed 6 weeks on the diet without cheating, until....... a cinema trip with my daughter, where I found myself eating a sweet and that was the end of that. I still managed to lose 3 stone in 9 weeks, but I gave up shortly after because once I'd cheated, I couldn't go back.

I then discovered Cambridge, which I like better (and absolutely love my CDC). I've started and stopped, started and stopped, started and.. ok you get the idea again!

I'm about to restart AGAIN having reached 21st and finding out I'm an inch shorter than I thought I was simultaneously (!)

Does anyone have any tips on successfully restarting? I just can't go on like this!

Hey hun,
God you could nearly be writing my story there as i was exactly the same as you and it took me a year to get back on the cd wagon(lost 4 st last year on cd and surprise surprise put it all back on again and more just to be sure!!).I started and stopped so many times until i finally took a really long look at myself in the mirror(which i had avoided doing for a long,long time and hated what i saw and was in complete denial of the size i had got to (20st 1lb:cry:)as i ate everything in sight:17729:).
I have taken some before pics of me in my underwear and believe me they are not a pretty sight and everytime i think of food i look at them and it really is a deterrent(for me anyway).
Write down the reasons why you are doing this.
But most of all your head has to be in the right frame of mind,because if its not then you might as well forget about it because it wont work(going by my own experience)

Lastly i wish you all the luck with your restart,be strong you did fantastic before so you know you can do it again and whats expected of you,
keep posting
all the best
elaine.
p.s sorry ive rambled!

I wish I had the answer, its taken me a year to do this properly, after 2006 when I reached goal and stayed there for a while.

I guess its mindset more than anything, well I think it is, getting your head in the game and all that.

Ive done nearly a week, no cheating, no nothing, Ive felt like cr@p and come out the other side. I couldnt do that before.

Im no help, other than, I couldnt take any more, I admitted I had a problem instead of hiding it, and I want to make that problem go away, not just hide it.

I guess its focus and determination, trying to really think as to why we wanted to do it in the first place. For me, Id got as bad as I was in 2006, and I dont want that any more, I need to take a few weeks out of the whole of my life to get my ass in gear and damn well crack this, if not then come another year, two, three.....I would still be kicking myself for not bluddy well doing this, and I dont want any more regrets.

Can I do this to goal? I dont know, one day, one hour at a time, but I do know, that I am sick of being overweight, and I dont want to be like this anymore. I want to be happy healthy, and a damn sight lighter. Happiness is not in being slim, Im not disillusioned,its just in hindsight, I was a damn sight happier being slim than I am now, it doesnt solve money worries, or make my Dad come back, make mum happy again, but it will make me respect myself, and make me proud, and others proud of what I will achieve.

I guess to restart you have to be at that stage where you can cope with the restart better than you can cope with being the person you are x

I am exactly the same, had to recheck as I thought it was my post, except I got no daughter, I want to start again, want to buddy up with me?

Canireallydothis; Wow, just wow, mate, great reply, No more to being like this, let's just all do this once and for effing all

Ditto what Vicky says.

Glad I could help, if any wants wants to buddy up theres a little support group called Never Nibblers, the next stone mission on CD returners, c'mon over!!

Ugh..... I've posted before.. and then disappeared, and then reappeared, and then disappeared... you get the picture!

Same thing goes for the diet! I started LL back in 2006 and managed 6 weeks on the diet without cheating, until....... a cinema trip with my daughter, where I found myself eating a sweet and that was the end of that. I still managed to lose 3 stone in 9 weeks, but I gave up shortly after because once I'd cheated, I couldn't go back.

I then discovered Cambridge, which I like better (and absolutely love my CDC). I've started and stopped, started and stopped, started and.. ok you get the idea again!

I'm about to restart AGAIN having reached 21st and finding out I'm an inch shorter than I thought I was simultaneously (!)

Does anyone have any tips on successfully restarting? I just can't go on like this!

LOL, I know how you feel. Not that I've got any great advice. But I've been doing Cambridge on and off since October 2007 and like you, feel it really is about time I was done with it. It's the way people's eyes glaze over when you tell them you're still on CD... :)

Tips?

Er, well if I had any great ones, I guess I'd be there by now. Although the best one has to be, NEVER GIVE UP! I've tried all sorts of things. I've tried not weighing in for a month at a time. That worked for the first month, but when I eventually weighed in and hadn't lost quite as much as I hoped I fell off the wagon, grr.

This time I'm trying not to make my 'meal' times very exciting. Given there's not much in a packet of CD, it's so not worth making an event of it. So at the moment I'm sticking to mainly tetras, keeping well away from bars as they always make me hungry (I was in denial about that one for a while cos I really like them!). So I've got a bit of a ritual going on right now. I drink a glass of water before each tetra and down a couple of psyllium husk capsules with it, then drink my tetra. And that's it.

Grim determination is currently making up the rest. I have the additional motivation of my 40th birthday looming too. I don't want to start my 5th decade as an obese frump!

We can do this if we keep trying, hun!

I'm not a re-starter as such but after a binge (following a WI where I put on 2 lbs) I just decided to get back on track 100% the next day and have stayed 100% since- I feel coming on here, even if its just a quick check in really helps and I love adding my little 100% ticks at the bottom of my signature at the end of a day. For me I know it just takes a tiny nibble of something off plan and I just want more!
Take it one day at a time, if I find myself having cravings I just say over and over in my head "Its a want not a need, a want not a need..." and tell myself that I want to be a healthy mummy for my little boy.

I've been up and down more times than knickers in a brothel when it comes to weight.

This time though I sat and thought, this really is my last ever diet. I'm fed up always being on a diet, or at least thats how it feels. I'm pointing, low carbing, lunch boxing, synning, checking or whatever and in between going mad. So I thought This is it.

And thats served me well through this.

I've now got to the stage that If I had to come off CD, I would have to gain weight to start on SS again (lowest I could now start is 810) and I'm almost there. At goal.

The trick is not staying off if you do fall off.
Don't listen to anyone negative, yes they may be doing it with the best of intentions, but you have to this for you.
Take pics regularly. I try to do them every half stone
Take pics of yourself in your undies (that was a shock for me let me tell you. I cried. But damnit I'm almost at goal now)
Don't be too hard on yourself if you blip, its a blip, not the end

Also work out when you need help. I initially met my counsellor every fortnight, but as I went on and started to wobble a bit and then started meeting every week for the weigh in to keep me on the straight and narrow.

But its really about headspace. Work out what your motivation is and concentrate on that - just keep chipping away at it.

Look at the bigger picture. Ignore the weeks where you "only" lost 1-2lbs, as overall they add up. Those wee bits make a difference.

Wise words Lexiedog and thank you - makes a lot of sense for a restarter like me.

Well said everyone. I wouldn't have stuck to it if it wasn't for me coming on this site and getting support and inspiration from everybody, it has really helped, thanks all!!!

Im also restarting girls and I feel so ashamed and stupid. I mamaged to get from 23st down to 18st 12 in about 14 weeks and like the idiot I am I thought I could do weight watchers and lose the rest but I have no self control and also its coming up to the time of year my mum passed away and I always do this. I snap, eat etc!
So with a new CDC eventhough my original one was great but my new ones about £10 cheaper a week and stunning which should give me a kick up da bum!
So starting Tuesday....heres to actually getting into the dorothy perkins trousers!!

Ahhh you guys... thank you SO much! I've given myself Sunday as a starting day, (hen weekend this weekend).

I'm giving myself August 1st as my first mini goal, as I'm going to a wedding then.

Thanks so much for all your responses. I especially liked "I've been up and down more times than knickers in a brothel when it comes to weight." SO TRUE! :D

mims!!!Good to see you here.I don't have any advice about sticking to it-seems to me it has to "click" in your head somehow,and different things make different people click.Don't look too far ahead-just take it one step at a time and believe you can do it.

Back