How to syn smash pizza

hennyhamster

Silver Member
So I know that some people say we need to syn smash if it's being used as a pizza base because it's classed as tweaking, but how would we do this? I'm sat with the packaging and my head's hurting trying to work it out! I have access to slimming world online so can use the calculator. Any ideas?

4.5 syns for every 25g of dry powdered mash - thats what is says online :)

"/ smash pizzas used to be free.. How things have changed. Be synning apples next.

So long as you make the smash up as you would if you were eating it as potato and not making it up drier (and therefore using more powder than intended) then you can have it syn free. You're consuming it in the way it was intended to be eaten when it was given its syn free status, you're just having it flat instead of in a pile.

If you make it up drier, say using 25% more powder than you would normally do, then you could be overeating by 25%. I think that's the logic behind 'food abuse' and tweaks. If eaten as intended then it remains syn free. If I make it up a bit drier then I just make the smash pizza a bit smaller to compensate :) Love my smash pizza with syn free chips.

So long as you make the smash up as you would if you were eating it as potato and not making it up drier (and therefore using more powder than intended) then you can have it syn free. You're consuming it in the way it was intended to be eaten when it was given its syn free status, you're just having it flat instead of in a pile.

If you make it up drier, say using 25% more powder than you would normally do, then you could be overeating by 25%. I think that's the logic behind 'food abuse' and tweaks. If eaten as intended then it remains syn free. If I make it up a bit drier then I just make the smash pizza a bit smaller to compensate :) Love my smash pizza with syn free chips.

Unfortunately not-slimming world have confirmed that smash pizza needs synning. Once you cook it as a 'pizza base' it dries out, loses water and subsequently loses it satiation ability(how filling it is)

From the SW website just in case people do not know :) 2. Are couscous cake, Smash pizzas and lasagne-sheet 'Doritos' Free? You might be disappointed to hear that they're not. Because changing the use of a food can make it easier to over-eat, to protect your weight loss they become Synned. When foods like pasta, rice and grains are used in their original form they're low in energy density (calories), bulky, appetite-satisfying foods. Pasta, couscous and rice are usually the main ingredient in a meal packed with other Free Foods - giving it sufficient bulk to be satisfying as a meal in itself. However, when ground down, used as flour (like in couscous cake), used as a sauce thickener (like Smash), seasoned crisps (like Doritos) or puréed (like smoothies) they're often used as additions to a main meal... and on top of your day's Syns. It is a very effective way of adding a lot of extra calories in a non-bulky way, and as such would then be counted as Syns
Copied and pasted from the other smash pizza thread

Back