howdy..

delilah

hello everyone! ive been reading this site all day and decided to join as im not serious about losing the 4 stone i need to, to be in good shape! im a 19 years old and sont want to spend 'the best years of my life' overweight! how long do you think itll take to lose 4 stone? i know i havent given many details but is there an average or anything? thank you! your all a brilliant inspiration! xxx

Hi hun, best of luck with your weightloss. I think all you can do is try your best and the weight loss will follow. What plan are you following?

hello everyone! ive been reading this site all day and decided to join as im not serious about losing the 4 stone i need to, to be in good shape! im a 19 years old and sont want to spend 'the best years of my life' overweight! how long do you think itll take to lose 4 stone? i know i havent given many details but is there an average or anything? thank you! your all a brilliant inspiration! xxx

:welcome:delilah,

Well looks like you have taken the first step and that is making a commitment that you are now prepared to do something about your weight!

So well done:clap:

In order to lose one pound a week you need to reduce your daily intake by 500 calories.

500 x 7 = 3,500 = 1lb

You can do this by doing exercise and swapping junk food for health snacks and eating smaller portions at meal time.

Average weight loss is very difficult to define as we all lose weight at our own pace and very much depends on age, height, sex and life style along with chosen diet.

If you want to lose weight by cutting down on portion size, eating less junk and doing exercise you could expect to lose about one to two pounds a week on average.

You are looking possibly about losing three to six stone in a year at this rate.

Hope that helps!

Love Mini xxx

Hi Delilah :welcome: to minimins
I am expecting to settle down to 2/3 llbs a week (hopefully) if all goes well on a healthy eating diet with controlled treats now and then. I am also trying to step up the exercise
Well done for making the commitment and good luck :)
Gem x

thank you all very much, im not on any specific diet plan as i dont really have the money for some of these diets atm. i have cut down my calorie intake to around 900 calories a day and im going to step up my exercise!! can anyone recomend a cheap diet plan to follow? xxx

Well Delilah I'm not one for plans but I stock up on fruit and veg and keep anything with loads of fat and sugar to VERY occasional. The exception is that I have controlled treats. Being a choc-o-holic I keep funsize choc in and hidden. If I have had a good day I reward myself next day (get the picture - incentive) and I have the occasional glass of wine. I drink lots of water and don't play around with artificial sweetners. I don't feel hungry or hard done by - I feel GREAT. At the moment this is working for me. It's something to throw into the mix for you to consider. Oh and all I pay is the money for the food - no group fees. Minimins could be a great support whatever you decide to do - Enjoy :)
Gem x

Delilah - you may also get good advice on healthy eating from those on weight watchers and slimming world. They seem to do quite well while still eating a balanced diet
Gem x

Welcome to Minimins Delilah :D:D:D:D:D

Back