How'yall Doin?

:) Hi All:)

AmandaJayne - good news about the classes. Hope you get the chance to take up one of them. Our gyms are also council run and so for a fixed monthly fee I get unlimited access to four different gyms and a number of classes, including spinning and aerobics. Haven't yet found out about the aerobics - I thought I should give the spinning a fair trial first:p

:eek: Talking of spinning - gave it another go tonight. This time I managed to get there in time to grab a bike before the class filled up completely. I remembered the instructor last week saying that the saddle had to be at hip height but I didn't know that you could (and should) also adjust the 'handlebars' and proximity of saddle to handlebars! I'll have to ask the instructor next week how to set the thing up properly:eek:

:cool: Off on our first training walk tomorrow - wonder how long it will take us to do our four miles:cool:

My PT (James) has rearranged our training session for 4pm on Wednesday so I'll be able to sleep through Alice's swim training session for a change;)

So... with another gym session on Friday morning before work I'll have pretty much got my exercise regime sorted - real shame I can't get the same control over the diet:cry:

Five weeks to next weigh in - there is no incentive for me to even try to jump on the scales right now:(

I was at a 'wedding' this weekend and I could not escape the photos - how disgusting did I look in those:wave_cry: I know for sure that I won't be putting any of them on the mantlepiece:(

I could count the fat rolls every time l looked up during the spinning class tonight - why do they have so many damn mirrors up in these gyms:confused: Have you ever tried to walk on a treadmill with your eyes shut:mad:

No-one to blame for the way I look but me so I've just got to get on with it - got to quit bitchin and start fixin it:eek:

Hope everyone else is doing OK

ONwards and DOWNwards

:) Hi All:)

AmandaJayne - good news about the classes. Hope you get the chance to take up one of them. Our gyms are also council run and so for a fixed monthly fee I get unlimited access to four different gyms and a number of classes, including spinning and aerobics. Haven't yet found out about the aerobics - I thought I should give the spinning a fair trial first:p

:eek: Talking of spinning - gave it another go tonight. This time I managed to get there in time to grab a bike before the class filled up completely. I remembered the instructor last week saying that the saddle had to be at hip height but I didn't know that you could (and should) also adjust the 'handlebars' and proximity of saddle to handlebars! I'll have to ask the instructor next week how to set the thing up properly:eek:

:cool: Off on our first training walk tomorrow - wonder how long it will take us to do our four miles:cool:

My PT (James) has rearranged our training session for 4pm on Wednesday so I'll be able to sleep through Alice's swim training session for a change;)

So... with another gym session on Friday morning before work I'll have pretty much got my exercise regime sorted - real shame I can't get the same control over the diet:cry:

Five weeks to next weigh in - there is no incentive for me to even try to jump on the scales right now:(

I was at a 'wedding' this weekend and I could not escape the photos - how disgusting did I look in those:wave_cry: I know for sure that I won't be putting any of them on the mantlepiece:(

I could count the fat rolls every time l looked up during the spinning class tonight - why do they have so many damn mirrors up in these gyms:confused: Have you ever tried to walk on a treadmill with your eyes shut:mad:

No-one to blame for the way I look but me so I've just got to get on with it - got to quit bitchin and start fixin it:eek:

ONwards and DOWNwards

Oh Helen,

This "Spinning" threadhas me in fits!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for your light hearted humour. It's a treat before bed:D

I take my hat off to you for doing all this exercise:eek:

"I could count the fat rolls every time l looked up during the spinning class tonight - why do they have so many damn mirrors up in these gyms? Have you ever tried to walk on a treadmill with your eyes shut. "

Err... yes, actually Helen. Don't actually recommend it!

Your gym sounds like a good one, Helen. The classes at ours cost extra, although if you're a member you get a discount. I still haven't actually made the arrangements to go down to the gym for a 'spinning' session yet. I promise to get a note of all the classes and analyise which ones are possible to attend.

"I was at a 'wedding' this weekend and I could not escape the photos - how disgusting did I look in those."

I sympathise with you. I have family wedding photos and hate to look at the ones with me on them too. However, I can understand that you might feel that you look disgusting at the wedding, but actually if you communicated this to your friends and relatives, they would be horrified and be at pains to tell you just how wonderful you are, and how much they appreciate you as a person.

I think that what we look like doesn't really matter to people who mean a lot to us, we are valued for so many other more important reasons. It is easy to lose sight of that, and just focus on something that has become an issue for us.

Have you ever tried to walk on a treadmill with your eyes shut:mad:

Yes and the results weren't pretty :eek: :eek: Hang on in there honey - you're really getting into the swing of the exercise, then you can work harder on the diet.

And those photos are important because you will be showing people them as your BEFORE photos before you know it!!! :cool: We're with ya Helen, all the way :)

Why do I do it!

:cry: Can you believe it - I now have a huge blister on the ball of each foot, I can't walk properly and the tops of my legs are bleeding because they rubbed together so much:cry:

:rolleyes: I very stupidly thought that I could do my walk today in my civvys and so when my walking partner Denise commented I said that my boots were fine as I had walked four miles in them before with no problems - how wrong was I! By the time we got back to the surgery I didn't think there was any sole left on my boots. I didn't realise that the tops of my legs were bad until I went to the loo - what do we do to ourselves:confused:

And to cap it all - if I can't walk tomorrow, I can't do my workout :cry:

We're not allowed to use rude words on here are we:eek:

Oh honey :( I used to wear cycle shorts under skirts in the summer to stop the thighs rubbing. Otherwise, using baby oil and/or vaseline helps ((HUGS))

Memories of too many summers coming back at me there.
I hope both feet and thighs were better enough for your exercise today. You are doing so well and sound so positive about it. cant let anything get in the way of that.

:D Hi All:D

Thanks for your kind words, it's nice to know I'm not alone;)
I couldn't train today but I'm meeting with James tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to do some kind of workout that doesn't involve walking ;)

ONwards and DOWNwards

:D Hi All:D

Thanks for your kind words, it's nice to know I'm not alone;)
I couldn't train today but I'm meeting with James tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to do some kind of workout that doesn't involve walking ;)

ONwards and DOWNwards

Helen :D

You can use rude words if nothing else will do.;) You know we all just type in a load of ##### and @@ and **** to soften how much we want to rant sometimes!!!

Lacey x :)

:eek: :rolleyes: Can you guess who's just got home from her work's Christmas Dinner:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know it's February but the Drs I work for take us for a slap-up meal @ The Waterside every year and they can't afford to do it in December and The Waterside apparently is closed in January - :rolleyes: - so we get to go in Feb.

:eek: As you all know alcohol loosens all sorts of things:eek:

;) Blisters are finally starting to heal enough for me to work off tonight's excesses;) Seeing James on Sunday 'cause he got and I quote... "caught in the snow" yesterday! Honestly, if I wasn't old enough to be his mom and was at goal - I'd "catch him in the snow"!

:D Each day brings something to brighten it - today for me was seeing a post from Suzanne:D Welcome back babes :D

Enough muttering for one day - Start the hard work tomorrow/ ooops that's today now:eek:

Have to laugh at you lusting after your trainer, i lust after the pe teacher in my school. He's definately the type ive always gone for, tall,dark, ruggedly handsome and about 15 years younger than me. Wished he wouldnt walk around in shorts everyday, its hard to have to look and not to touch.lol

Happe -It's been so long if it was handed to me on a plate I wouldn't know what to do with it:eek:

Today is the last day for falling off the wagon. Tomorrow is the start of a six week period with no social occassions to trip me up so I'm gonna have another try at SS:rolleyes:

One day at a time

As I have now turned a brighter shade of PINK:rolleyes: I think I'll try and change the subject;) (a bit!)

As Wednesday is the first day of Lent I'm going to start SS on Wednesday:p That gives me three days to reduce my carb intake to ZERO. It also means that I have a good explanation when I get quizzed by family/friends/colleagues.:D

:cool: Don't think I gave myself a first goal so I'll go with 10%. As I started at 279lbs, that means I need to lose 28lbs to reach the first 10%:cool:

Let's see how close I am to that on 1 March:eek:

ONwards and DOWNwards folks:)

"As Wednesday is the first day of Lent I'm going to start SS on Wednesday:p That gives me three days to reduce my carb intake to ZERO. It also means that I have a good explanation when I get quizzed by family/friends/colleagues.:D "

I can't even get that right - Lent starts NEXT week. Tomorrow my daughters are going to teach me how to turn pages one at a time!:p

Went Spinning again tonight - may well be the last time. I almost threw up when I had finished:eek: I suppose that means I am actually working hard:rolleyes: I am booked on next week's class and if I can still walk in the morning I'll probably keep my place.

No exercise planned for tomorrow but if it stops raining I'm gonna try and walk into town. I'll be wearing my trainers though so no-one's going to be giving me style points but at least I'll still have skin on the soles of my feet:D

"As Wednesday is the first day of Lent I'm going to start SS on Wednesday:p That gives me three days to reduce my carb intake to ZERO. It also means that I have a good explanation when I get quizzed by family/friends/colleagues.:D "

I can't even get that right - Lent starts NEXT week. Tomorrow my daughters are going to teach me how to turn pages one at a time!:p

Oh Helen, you made me laugh so much!!!! :D :D And I am so inspired by you with the Spinning and everything - I seem to be have avoided being bitten by the exercise bug, so it's so cool hearing you guys experiences - maybe you could send some of those exercise vibes my way! ;)

"Went Spinning again tonight - may well be the last time. I almost threw up when I had finished"

Take it easy Helen, but I know that it is easy to overdo it when you're caught up in the music.

I haven't been able to sort out babysitting for either of the days the spinnng runs at my local leisure centre, yet. I already have a babysitter for my Tuesday LL group. It would be great if they did a weekend session. I might as well ask if they will be doing one in future. In the meantime, I'll just stick to the LTT - don't need a babysitter for that!

Back