How'yall Doin?

HelenG

:tear_drop: As I have managed to kill/hijack the 'Over 100 to lose' thread, I thought I would continue my ramblings without disturbing others:eek:

Nice things happen when you least expect them:) I've just got home from my errands today and when I went to the laundry to put my exercise kit through the wash I discovered that my OH had already done it so all I have to do is pack my bag & go. He also told me he still loved me 'even after 18 years!' as we were walking through town. Can't you tell he doesn't say that often.:p

'Cause of 'Mum's Taxi' schedule this afternoon/evening he has to cook the sunday dinner. I so wish I could be home to see it. Although if truth were told I'd best keep out of the way as I can't stand him taking my place at the cooker - territorial or what:mad:

I'm sure he'll do us proud:rolleyes: Bet my kids get to improve their diplomacy skills at the table tonight:D

Has anyone else done a 'Spinnin' class? I have booked myself on a beginner's class tomorrow night but everyone I have told seems to think this could be a bad idea as I am too heavy still. I'm going to see if anyone at the gym today can advise me but I'm dead curious - trouble is if I don't give them enough notice of NOT going I'll get charged for the place 'cause spaces are so limited.

:eek: I'm still aiming for my 100lbs off by end of April but I have promised various nearest and dearest etc that I will not weigh myself for six weeks so my tracker is not going to be moving for a while. :eek:
:rolleyes: My counsellor will still be keeping track but she is going to keep it to herself -she's such a star:D
(She sends me some wicked e-mails too - such a shame that laughing doesn't burn too many calories - I'd be over half way to target by now:p )

Rambling over - ONwards and DOWNwards all

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Helen, why would you kill a thread? always something thoughtful and intelligent to say.
I think the spinnin class sounds great, why not have a go eh, so you may be slower than some but we all have to start somewhere, in a few weeks youll be keeping up with the fittest. When i did go to a gym on a regular basis many moons ago i could barely manage 5minutes on some of the equipment but within a very short space of time i could easily do 20mins which was all was allowed on some pieces. You go for it.
Tis funny how our men of many years standing can still surprise us at times, mine just phoned from palma airport saying he was by the clarins counter and did i need/want anything. First time ever hes acknowledged I use skincare, and maybe would like a bargain from dutyfree. Mine says "I love you" all the time when hes drunk (which is a regular occurance) doesnt have the same meaning somehow. Its gestures that mean more now, still waiting to see more of them though.

Hi Happe

Thanks for your post.

Men - can't live with 'em, can't ???? There's no pleasing me sometimes:rolleyes: Did you put your order in for the Clarins? Nice of 'im to ring you - I sometimes wonder if mine does a great deal of thinking I'd never know 'cause he don't ever speak:mad:

Last year I spent the first six months working out on a regular basis with a personal trainer then finances & other circumstances put the kybosh on that. :eek: Oh, surprise surprise, another excuse to eat myself back up to 20 stone:mad: I really enjoy working out but hate doing it alone:p I've been arguing with myself all day about going to the gym this evening - right now I'm going, even if it's only to cancel tomorrow's spinning class. I contacted my trainer and came to an arrangement with him which meant I saw him again for the re-start last Wednesday and to keep my end of the bargain I need to have been in the gym twice more before next Wednesday. :D Mind you the best news is that he is willing to help my brother with exercises for his non-functioning lower limbs:D

Safe trip to the airport, nice to chat to you:)

Helen, go for that spinning class, you won't regret it!

I used to do them years ago. What's great about spinning is that everyone works at their own rate. You can increase or decrease the resistance to suit your own level, and you can do this quickly. You can cycle as fast as is comfortable for your fitness. My class always incorporated arm exerises too during the class.

I invested in a removable gel seat and wore padded cycle shorts for added comfort.

Take a towel and a large bottle of water too.

I would love to hear how you get on!

Hiya,

I hope the content of my post won't cause offence but I just had to comment on the spinnin class and share my experience.

I went at 22st (only the once :eek:)

I really enjoyed it listening to the tutor talking us through the route we were cycling, visualising the lake by the side of us, through some trees and up a hill.....Altering the resistence to imagine we really were climbing a huge hill......kept working hard, breaking out in a sweat and standing slightly to get to the top....pedalling becoming harder and harder as we reached the top and then the huge relief to drop the resistance right down and cycle down the otherside :)

Except that bluddy steel wheel don't half go like the clappers when you take the resistence down and pedal down the hill. :eek: I couldn't stop my legs and I think I wasn't the only person in the room to complain of bruised erm....... well lets just say ladybits :eek: by the time I'd managed to stop the ruddy thing! LOL :D

Seriously though, it was a lot of fun, but do take the advice about the padding ;)

Kitty xxx

Ha ha Kitty! Those were the days ... Some people LIKE it!

I know, next time I'll be on a gel saddle with a couple of pairs of padded shorts on and not lift myself an inch off it while I go uphill...it's bringing tears to my eyes thinking about it now! LOL :D

Hi Girls

:D I'm feeling doubly smug right now as not only did I go to the gym - :eek: I actually went in and worked out!!!:eek:

I also checked with the lady on the desk about the spinning class & she agrees with you folks that I should go for it - so I'magonna:p

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow night

ONwards and DOWNwards:)

Glad you are doing it Helen, youll feel so good about yourself afterwards. Do you have a personal trainer then? The ones at my local centre look about 18, really wouldnt feel comfortable with them but love the idea of someone urging me on, its too easy to ease off when working alone. Its great he can work with your brother too, will you work out together?

Am I allowed to say I PMSL about you and your ladybits?!!! :D :D :D

And nice to see you have your own diary in the Century Club - now I can catch up with you properly! :D

Am I allowed to say I PMSL about you and your ladybits?!!! :D :D :D

And nice to see you have your own diary in the Century Club - now I can catch up with you properly! :D

I'm glad you admitted to PMSL before I did!!! Sorry Kitty :eek:

Glad I can catch up with you properly now as well, just warn me when I might need to wear Tena Lady will you!!!;) :D

Quote: Am I allowed to say I PMSL about you and your ladybits?!!! :D :D

Quote:Glad I can catch up with you properly now as well, just warn me when I might need to wear Tena Lady will you!!!;) :D

Oh. My. God. What is this site coming to, 'ladybits' 'tenalady' - it's all too much!

By the way, I have decided to go to a spinning class next week - I gotta find out what Kitty meant?

p.s. I will wear my Tenalady to protect my Ladybits!

LOL - that's it laugh at my bruised lady bits :D :D :D

Just imagine you've got your bits suspended an inch from a hard saddle :eek: :eek: :eek:
Then your legs start going like the clappers and you can't stop them causing your body to ride up and down :eek: banging your ladybits against said saddle with vigor!!! :eek: :eek:

:sigh: I'm scarred for life! I'm telling ya ;)

Can't wait to hear how you all get on :)

Kitty xxx

Just imagine you've got your bits suspended an inch from a hard saddle :eek: :eek: :eek:
Then your legs start going like the clappers and you can't stop them causing your body to ride up and down :eek: banging your ladybits against said saddle with vigor!!! :eek: :eek:

:sigh: I'm scarred for life! I'm telling ya ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Still PMSL!!!!! :D:D:D

:p Methinks I'm gonna have to call in sick!;)

As I haven't seen my 'ladybits' in years maybe this is the only way I'm gonna find out if I've still got some:rolleyes:

I KNOW this is gonna sound dumb but someone plese direct me to the thread that explains PMSL,LOL,etc:eek: I need to be sure I've deciphered them right:D

Nice to know I can still make people laugh and I'm soooo glad I got OH to invest his redundancy in TENA shares:cool:

PS(ish) How do I change my thread title:confused:

PMSL - P!ssing My Self Laughing
LOL - Laugh Out Loud or Lots of Love ;)

To change your thread title click to the right of it and it should change to an editable option. That or tell me what you want it to say and I will change it for you ;)

The Spinnin' Chronicles

Thanks for that DQ, much appreciated. If my thread title isn't 'The Spinnin'Chronicles' now could you (in the inimitable words of Cpt Picard) 'make it so';)

TVM:D

Shouldn't you be in bed now?

Back