HRT weight gain

Mrs R

Just wondered if anyone here is on HRT. I'm fairly young to be on it - early menopause brought on by surgery. I find during the 4th week of the HRT pack I always put on a few pounds (temporarily) whether I diet or not. Does anyone else have this problem?

Not the same but I had a hysterectomy a year ago they left my ovaries. I get premenstrual symptoms including wanting to snack all the time and swelling up with water. Maybe your HRT is inducing such symptoms. xxx

It is piglet. Week four just gone I actually put on 3 lbs despite sticking to total solution 100% :cry:Now it's back to week 1 hrt and when I woke up this morning I'd lost 5 lbs and feel like a balloon that's been popped. Still can't complain, the symptoms of the menopause were far worse than being bloated for 1 week every month :) (i.e madness, screaming, dementia etc)

if its any consolation Mrs R, I think my weight loss will be only 1lb this week (til the WI tomorrow 1st thing)

I am a demented woman anyway... wonder if I can blame it on the nearly here menopause :D

I think my crap weight loss is a slight change to my exercise routine. I am scootering to work now, so it takes me to virtually outside the work door, whereas before I parked 20-25mins walk away (and of course 20mins back)
may have to step up the exercise

I would have thought the exercise of freezing my little fingers & face off everyday would have burned a few calories ;D

Back