Hubby joining me on SW journey but what to cook

Maddysmum

Gold Member
My lovely hubby is starting to do sw from Tue (not going group tho) and needs to ideas / help how to keep him full and not feeling deprived

I can't just give him exactly same as me as I love fruit & veg he HATES it (without going into detail about it, his dad abused him and 1 thing he did was chocked him while ramming veg down his throat so he's got a really phobia about it) - i've got him so he'll eat onions, mushrooms, peppers & banana's but thats it. Would have peas with everything.

So really trying to work out what he can eat (he takes his bfast & lunch to work with him) and he's always hungry all evening. So need snack ideas too.

Any help would be appreciated. Was thinking do red or green days then he could have the 2 HEX A & B's and not reliant on 1/3 superfree.

I know there are a few blokes on here with AMAZING weight losses so hoping with advice can make this as painless as poss for him x

What does he eat now? because swapping what he eats now for a lower syn version would help.

he can still have his egg and chips, or cooked breakfast, Diet Geezer on FB posts his meals but he doesn't follow the plan 100% yet has amazing losses but it might give you some ideas.

Onion, peppers and mushrooms are my most frequently used veggies (along with tins tomatoes usually)

Would he eat mashed swede on top of mince (shepherds pie style)? That's another way to get the veggies in there (even if mixed half and half with potato.

Lean mince with those veggies for spag bol or chilli. Strips of chicken with them spiced up as jerk chicken.

Mince cooked with mushroom, onion and mixed with cooked rice used to stuff peppers and topped with cheese baked in the oven?

Ummm... sure will think of more but need to sign off now.

How about:
1.Potato cakes - cook potatoes mash or grate, add 1 egg, salt & pepper, finely chopped onions, mushroom, peppers. Mix well and make into small patties put on a baking tray/sheet sprayed with fry light and cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and middles cooked. serve with baked beans and peas.
2. fry onions in frylight, add chicken pieces (cubes or strips), add mushrooms,add (Peas & sweetcorn optional) then just before servicing put in 2 tbsp reduced fat creme fraiche or FF fromage fraise, bring to boil. Serve with boiled rice or potatoes, or SW chips
3. Rissoto- you can add peas, onion, mushrooms, peppers and serve with boiled eggs
Look through SW receipes and there are so many recipes that might suit you.
Good luck

Onion, peppers and mushrooms are my most frequently used veggies (along with tins tomatoes usually)

Would he eat mashed swede on top of mince (shepherds pie style)? That's another way to get the veggies in there (even if mixed half and half with potato.

Lean mince with those veggies for spag bol or chilli. Strips of chicken with them spiced up as jerk chicken.

Mince cooked with mushroom, onion and mixed with cooked rice used to stuff peppers and topped with cheese baked in the oven?

Ummm... sure will think of more but need to sign off now.

Won't eat swede (he seems to know if i've even tried to sneak any other veg into a meal lol)
Loves spicy food - so how do i make jerk chicken?

Back