Hula Hooping

messyfreckle

I've just signed up to a 6 week hula hooping course! The lady that runs it is the wife of a guy at work. I can't wait to get going on it - first class is on Monday.

Seems like such a fun way to get fit and toned and think it'll tie in brilliantly with Exante.

Does anyone else go to exercise classes like this? I've tried Zumba but it's not for me - i'm so uncoordinated it's not even funny!

Wow, that sounds like fun! I've never done anything like that, but I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. I've just started going to a 'Body Balance' class at our local gym. I think it's a combination of Pilates and Tai Chi, that sort of thing - trying to strengthen my core /abs

Wow, that sounds like fun! I've never done anything like that, but I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time. I've just started going to a 'Body Balance' class at our local gym. I think it's a combination of Pilates and Tai Chi, that sort of thing - trying to strengthen my core /abs

Ooh that sounds like fun too. I'm a member of the gym, and it's only across the road from me! I tend to do the workouts in the gym, but not try the classes. Might give them a go.

I could do with pilates - so unflexible it's unbelievable!!

It sounds like fun. Oh the kids have a hoop, it only spins round a couple times then hits the ground (it must be broken lol).

It sounds like fun. Oh the kids have a hoop, it only spins round a couple times then hits the ground (it must be broken lol).

Haha yeah that must be the problem ;)

Tonight is the night - very excited. I know it's gonna be hard work, but sounds like such a laugh!

Was amazing! So much fun. Very much an exercise class - u do all ur stretches and warmups, some basic hooping and then get to learn new moves and put it into a routine. Then cool down and stretches. Never ached so much in my life!

The walk up 3 flights of stairs back to my flat was agonising! Bit of a headache too, but think that's more to do with being on day 2 than the exercise!

Defo going back next week.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I would guess you are sore today, next time has to be easier though.

Is there an easy learned technique to do the hoop or is it just practice!

Surprisingly today i'm not too bad! Struggled a bit getting out of bed, but walking in to work loosened me up and am grand now.

Re technique - we were told a bigger hoop is easier to control as it it moves slower. But really I guess it's just practice, practice, practice! Can't wait til next week.

The lady who runs it sells hoops too - so I plan on buying 2 hoops in a few weeks if I still enjoy it. She decorates them and makes them all snazzy too. Hehe.

Headache has gone already! Surprisingly not been hungry (aside from some minor stomach rumbling on the 1st day) at all really. Going much smoother than I thought it would.

Got a few bruises starting to come out from the hula hooping last night tho - a whopper on my hand where I tried, and failed, to spin it! :p

War wounds!!

Are the hoops weighted ??
They have a weighted one in my curves, which I had a go on today. It is easier than a normal one to keep up, but you really do have to give it some welly if it starts to slip down :)
They also sell them... but at £49 I think I wil give it a miss :)

Yeah they're weighted! They're fab and so much fun :) can't wait til Monday when I can go back again! X

I wish I could hula hoop - I couldn't even do it as a child.

I bought one for £2.50 from Tesco to try and learn lol x

I had a proper go of the one in curves today. I kept going for a whole song, and not just the 20 or 30 secs I normally do :D
I think I will try to do a wee bit more each day :D
2 songs tomorrow :D

Back