Hula Hooping?

BecHahns

Hi, I just started a hula hooping regime (I call it a regime, it's just me trying to do 20-30mins of hula hooping every day.) to try to tone up and maybe burn off some calories while I'm at it. I've only done two days so far and I had to take a one day break in between because my waist is SORE! It was pretty hard to do it today as well but I kept it over my ribs so it didn't keep hitting the sore bits. But now my ribs are sore too. So, I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with hula hooping as a form of exercise and how to do it more often without getting too bruised up? It's really fun and I'd love to be able to do it more often but it hurts lol. I have a padded hoop that is weighted as it is specifically designed for working out (I don't know how much it weighs) I also had to wrap the entire thing in tape because I couldn't hoop with it without it falling apart (it was one you had to assemble), so that's given it more padding but it still hurts. Do I just have to keep at it and get used to it??

Thanks in advance!

I have a weighted hula hoop, not sure how you can stop it hurting, I presume the more you do the more you will get used to it, and your smoother action as time goes on will stop bruising.

Back