Hula Hooping

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by aussieswife, 1 January 2013 Social URL.

1. aussieswife

aussieswife Member

Hi All

I have thought about getting a weighted hula hoop and hula hooping as i don't get much time to go to a gym so i thought 1/2 a day or 3-4 times a week hula hooping might work?

Just wondered if anyone else has had a go of this and did you get results?

Also are their workout sheet or just hula hoop?

thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. JMC

JMC Well-Known Member

Hello aussieswife,
    I bought a weighted hula hoop a couple of years ago, I used it a lot and had great results. You can watch tv while you excersise too. After a while I found the hoop too easy so I bought a funky hula from the Internet, it has a water bottle container on it and it's a sort of figure of eight with plastic soft rollers that roll on your body! You can fill the water chamber up to make it heavier too. I do wear a thickish t shirt when I use the hula hoop because I find my skin gets bruised if I don't. I hula hoop 10 mins to the right and 10 mins to the left, I certainly know when I've done it! Also I think it helps my back keep supple, my back pain has disappeared since losing weight and hula hooping. Good luck.

4. suki11

suki11 Well-Known Member

I've been using one for nearly a week, and I'm bruised :( but it feels like its doing the job!! I am enjoying it, and it's fab whilst watching the t.v.