Humpf...need a moan!

Mrs V

Loves Life!
Sorry everyone, just need to get this down and then I can try and fathom something out!
My Daughter goes to main stream school in September. I have started looking for a role from 09.30 - 14.30 and Im quite prepared to try my hand at anything. I have tried my local recruitment agencies, plus several on line and there seems to be nothing out there!
You would have thought a willingness to work would be a starter, but apparantly not!

Grrrr! I have worked out with Hubby that I only need something that would generate £100 a week and Im better off than I am now! and I work full time!

Childminding? Lots of Mum's going back to work at around this time and you could do a before/ after school place? Be especially good if its termtime only and a friend for your daughter?

I'll have a think about others but that's my first thought!

xx

I know how you feel it's so difficult now to get any job let alone one with specific hours.

Maybe dinner lady, playground assistant that sort of thing.

The child minding is a great idea. I did the course (8 weeks) last year but then decided I needed to go out to work as it would drive me nuts. I've a friend who did it too and she's minding a little girl. If you go through your local council or informed families they run the course. If you can get on it now you'll be ready for Sept.

Good luck XX

I have thought about childminding, I think that I would perhaps just be interested in school runs rather than a full time role. I was a children's nanny for a very long time and dont want that kind of responsibility again when I have my own little one to think of too.
I have just contacted someone that I know regarding the child minders course, so we shall see. It just seems that all I have done today is apply for jobs that I have that nagging doubt that Im not going to get!???

Thank you for the advice though ladies!

x

Have you thought about contacting your local colleges/schools/universities hun or local government? Public sector, in my opinion, is much more flexible for working hours and does come with a lot perks, and a lot of red tape, but may be worth looking on your local council website etc. as quite often the jobs are advertised here and nowhere else. Hope you find something soon xxx

Thanks Hun.
I have spent most of my day looking at my options and will do the same again tomorrow! (dont tell my current Boss though! ;)

Supermarkets normally have part time jobs going. I used to work in Morrisons on the tills, and we had mums that would only work certain times of the day because of family commitments.

Might be worth considering??

I have called Wickes, Sainsbury, Tesco and the Range today, all of them are not taking on at the moment. Only Asda, Pets at Home, and Homebase left to try, but thank you for the suggestions Hun.

x

I've just finished uni and I'm finding it impossible to get a job :( Nowhere seems to be looking for anyone and when they do it appears I'm just not good enough!

Good luck with the search, I hope something comes your way

I used to help people find work for a living, and whilst the ruthless recruitment style company might not have liked me - I was very good at my job!

If anyone wants advice, drop me a PM and i'll be happy to help - it's second nature to me, so no hassle!

Mrs V - what kind of thing are you doing now, and what kind of thing are you looking for? Most shops would've already taken on their summer staff by now, but there's usually a second round of jobs towards the end of the school holidays as lots of students finish their summer jobs.

Back