Hunger - Does it go?

PurpleButterfly

16lb to go!
I've been getting really hungry this weekend. It's not because of emotional hunger - if it was that I'm sure it'd go when I busy myself in other activities.

I've been 100% sticking to the diet so it's not transitioning into ketosis; ketostix on saturday morning clearly showed I was in ketosis.

It goes away for a couple of minutes when I have a pint of water but then like a boomerang it's back. Been drinking plenty of water.

The only reason I can think of is that I cycled to/from the LL meet on saturday morning and my body is trying to catch up with that? (is about 5 miles each way though I took it slowly to not shock my body.)

Anyone know, will this darn hunger go away? Was it the exercise that caused it? Anyone else experience the same?

Probably habit

I wouldn't be surprised. We are creatures of habit and our bodies get to expect food at regular intervals.
Good idea to have drink if you feel hungry. i'm sure it will soon settle down.
By the way, thanks for your kind comments on my pics.

Well you look so great in those pics!

That's the thing, I have been keeping hydrated etc and it pretty much hasn't settled all weekend. I have my 'meals' at regular times etc. I can't understand it.

i've not felt hungry at all - i have wanted to eat, especially this weekend as i was out a lot and even sat through a 3 course meal with a disgusting lumpy mushroom soup!
my tummy rumbles like i am hungry, but i'm really not.
i even 'forgot' to eat at lunch time today - never ever ever would have believed i would 'forget' to eat!
maybe it will just take a while for your mind to catch up with your stomach, your mind is telling you its breakfast/lunch/dinner so you are expecting to be hungry like before?

i don't know, im probably talking rubbish - just stick with it, i'm sure it will get better for you, maybe it just takes some people longer than others to adjust.
hope it starts soon for you
daisy x

Definitely does get better! And also I remember posting exactly the same thing. I know when I am due to have my next foodpack because I feel really hungry, and I therefore know that this is just a habit thing! I know you don't think it's emotional hunger, but I've learnt that I just don't get hungry, only if I'm craving things for other reasons, and that's how I know that it's not physical. God, that probably makes no sense. I know that I mean at least!!

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated. I will definitely try to find an emotional reason to attach to this, cos if I know that's what is causing it, then I can find a way to fix it. It's weird though, as before the weekend I was 'empty' but not hungry, just like daisy said, and I even almost forgot to eat some of my food packs.

Anyway even if it stays like this until the end of the diet obviously it'll make it uncomfortable but I'm prepared to put up with that to see the results.

I find weekends hardest especially Sat as used to sitting with Indian takeaway menu deciding what Takeaway banquet to have and enjoying bucket of chilled Chardonnay - Those days have gone
Im setting my stall out to stick to the programme 100% for 100 days and reap the rewards and most importantly break those old habits

Cheers

James

I've been getting really hungry this weekend. It's not because of emotional hunger - if it was that I'm sure it'd go when I busy myself in other activities.

I've been 100% sticking to the diet so it's not transitioning into ketosis; ketostix on saturday morning clearly showed I was in ketosis.

It goes away for a couple of minutes when I have a pint of water but then like a boomerang it's back. Been drinking plenty of water.

The only reason I can think of is that I cycled to/from the LL meet on saturday morning and my body is trying to catch up with that? (is about 5 miles each way though I took it slowly to not shock my body.)

Anyone know, will this darn hunger go away? Was it the exercise that caused it? Anyone else experience the same?

Its fake hunger P, your body cant tell you when its thirsty, so thats why the litre works.

I tell you what works for me and it stopped the hunger. I have one pack in the morning (7.30am) then i have one at 1.30pm, i have the third at about 5pm and then i have my bar at about 7pm that knocks the hunger dead. if you have your packs too quickly you will feel hunger.

Identify fake and real hunger that is my advise and space out your packs more if you are not dong that already.

Yup agree with all above. The 'hunger' will pass as you learn to recognise that it's more a craving than real hunger pangs.

I struggle when family are cooking & eating (and Sunday is definately the worst as I love cooking & a couple of hours in the kitchen on a Sunday with a drink or 3 was one of my highlights of the weekend)...

Stick with it PB, tell yourself that you're not hungry just missing the routine and it WILL improve!

PS - I note your post was at midnight, I find going to bed earlier has also helped stop the cravings as late night snacking was also a habit I need to break. Good luck

All good advice from the guys above, not really anything I can add except to say that if you have been cycling a lot then you might well find that your body "requests" some calories afterwards as it will still want to replace it's glycogen stores, as it would normally do after any exercise when eating normally; the exercise will 'remind' it that actually, it doesn't have any of this pre-made glycogen energy for you to use in exercise, and could well make you feel hungry as it wants some!

*red face*

:break_diet:Ok. Just to apologise for being stubborn and snappy last night! Sorry, I'm only human.:sign0007:
Maybe it was emotional hunger, and maybe it wasn't (after all I think it is Possible that it's genuine hunger too), but I'm going to sort out a new routine for eating my packs because I know that I 'need' packs more later in the day than earlier, so to make it easier I'll try have one pack before 3pm (I find that if I need more than that in the mornings, it tends to be emotional hunger for me) then the others spaced out after that. I'll also see how this week goes because tomorrow I'll be cycling the same distance again so if my hunger destabilises again after that then I'll know why. Oh I did an unofficial weigh in (and I know the difference between the LLC scales and mine so can account for that), and I unofficially lost 3lb over the weekend.:scale: :character00238:
Thanks guys, and sorry again for being stubborn and grouchy. Next time please just do this: :copon:! ;):D

was that a spank to the bottom i cant quite figure out that emoticon

But sure i will be happy to oblige lol

Lol! Well I'll take that too, but I thought it was a telling off and slap on the face :D

Watch them queue up now that you said that lol. Dont worry PB nobody here minds answering anything ;)

Back