Hunger

Hi,
i have only started Atkins today, and so far I don't feel hungry......should I feel hungry?

i have eaten
B. 2 slices rolled up ham, black coffee
S. 2 tablespoons tuna and prawns mixed with mayo.
L. 4 tablespoons tuna and prawns mixed with mayo, 2 poached eggs, 3 chopped cherry tomatoes drizzled in olive oil and vinegar.
S. mug of chicken stock cube ( is this allowed?) and slice chicken

I haven't had an evening meal yet...but I think I am having chicken breast, courgettes, leeks and broccoli topped with cheese.
x

That's really quite a lot of food, so it isn't surprising that you're not hungry.

However you are very light on veg there, and also probably light on fats. You should be getting 12 - 15 grams of carb from veg, remember. What you are eating there is not Atkins. Have you read the book New Atkins New You?

I have the book and I've read all the lists and stuff about phase one. I've used all the veg for my tea, should I spread this throughout the day instead? I've had chicken breast with mushrooms, cheddar cheese, with sliced courgettes, leeks and broccoli.
which bits would you say I've done wrong? X

Mmmm....well I can now see I've read it wrong about the veg...bollocks!
Oh well, I'll re read it again tonight and start day 1 again tomorrow!!

If you go to the Atkins website there is a meal planner which you might find helpful, beware of all the Atkins bars that they keep putting in as snacks though.

And re being hungry - you shouldn't be. But do watch the quantities, they are not unlimited.

Yeah I've looked at that, but it's not very realistic for a mum of two....trout mousse in cucumber parcels??! Lol! I'll have a gander through the diaries and pick up some normal recipes and ideas of food that won't cost a fortune!
thanks

I think you're fine - I quite often end up getting most of my veg in just one meal if it's more convenient. I also have veggie only days and very low veg days. As long as it averages out I haven't had a problem. Ideally spread it out a bit but don't worry too much- good start!

Back