HUNGRY AND FEELING WEAK!

newcastlechick

Hi everyone
im on day 9 of CD, on 3 shakes a day. however yesterday and today have been sooo hard. have not cheated but feel i need a good meal inside me. even typing this im feeling soooo light headed. My TOTM is due within the next 2-4 days could this be the reason why? ive had my 2 shakes so far and had plenty of water, in fact i cant quench my thirst but i feel almost dizzy. Only other thing i think it can be is fact ive been chewing gum today (breath is soooo bad off cd that i can smell it myself so im super paranoid about it)
any ideas on what i can do? dont intend cheating, should i maybe have 2 more shakes today instead of 1?

chewing gum is a BAD idea because you are conning your body into believing you are eating something (which makes you feel hungry!)
Everyone says that it takes 3 days o go into ketosis and i am sure it does BUT i also felt hungry weeks later.....but then you have to be really honest with yourself and listen to your belly....Are you really hungry or are your bored?? more often than not you are bored or dehydrated.....it gets easier believe me!! x

I think the hormone thing is a killer for us too!
I was ravenous and also bad tempered at that time....
Maybe split your shakes so you get twice as many meals?
Or try some heavy distraction techniques... have you any lovely smellies so you can have a nice bath, paint your toe nails, paint your finger nails.... phone someone you havent chatted to for an age..
Worth a try...
Well done for not giving in though!

x

Well done for staying strong. I also sometimes feel a bit dizzy and weak. Because of this and a great post I read last night, I've just started doing split shakes and having 6 x 1/2's a day.
I definatly ate more before TOTM before diet so it may be a hormone thing making you want to eat more. If you are really feeling weak I would have the extra pack, and the 200ml of skimmed milk if you need to. Its much better than cheating with something else, and there are lots that have great losses on ss+ as those on ss.
Hope you feel better soon and take it easy for a couple of days. It's tough learning to slow down a little but you need to sometimes on this diet. The bath, painting nails suggestion above was a good one.

Hi hun. Firstly as kelsocool said chewing gum is a bad thing. Secondly the way your feel is exactly how I feel before Im due TOTM, Im normally starving, moody and just a pain to be around!! Keep focused hun, try and watch a movie to keep your mind off the hunger.
I think black coffee or tea with tablet sweetner will help too. In a few week the diet is like normality and you'll find it so much easier.
Also please drink plenty of water, dont gulp in down in one go though, slip it throughout the day this will help with the dizzyness.
Hope u feel better soon hunny xxxx

thanks everyone. I spoke to my cdc and she said another shake wouldnt hurt as its only a hundred and something calories and a lot of people start on 4 shakes a day or 3 + small meal.
I then asked if i could have a tin of tuna in spring water and she said that would be fine. so thats what im doing having just half a tin of tuna and already feeling better.
I'm laying off the gum and buying a spray for the breath. I'd tried everything to NOT have something else today but i was starting to feel dizzy and thats just not right as im a single mum to a 11 month old and if i pass out whilst he's asleep and he wakes.... sounds dramatic but you really dont know.
anyway i feel ok about it as its first time ive had to do this and to be honest im looking at the 1/2 of what i have left to eat and thinking i'll just put it in the fridge as what ive had has pulled me around. (tin of tuna was 105 calories per 100g and tin was 130g) and yours allowed tuna on ss+
anyway thanks again. tomorrow NO GUM!

Oh and as for water - ive had such a thirst on today that ive already drank 7 pints!!! so water didnt help

You've done the right thing!;) No point making yourself ill! When i was on CD i did SS+ for 10 weeks and had the 3 shakes plus small meal after the 4th day as i thought i was gonna die:p. It really stopped me from caving in altogether and i went on to lose over 3stone in 10 weeks - so it didn't do me any harm.

You do what makes you feel ok and keeps you on track!

Well done so far!

Hey
Hope your feeling better now.. Its not easy especially being a mummy to a baby you need to have your energy..
Your doing fab. hang in there and if you need that extra shake or tuna or something in the evening go for it theres no point making yourself ill.
Hang in there your doing fab x

thanks everyone your all stars and all doing so amazingly its making me excited for my weigh in on Wed (just getting weighed every 2 weeks)
will report back on Wed

Back