hungry in the evening...but don't want to eat!

I do so well at all parts of the day with the foods I eat, but then I get very hungry in the late evening. I tend to snack quite a bit at that point and regret it later. Even if I choose healthy foods, I eat more than I want 'cause I keep feeling so hungry.

I've tried just drinking more water or other beverages at that time, but I always go to the foods too. And I understand that eating in the evenings, after 8, is a no-no.
Oh what to do! Any help is appreciated:jelous:

when I've felt that way I try to eat a small amount of really filling foods, particularly high-fibre ones. I've found a small handful of nuts (plain, not roasted or salted) helps, or maybe a banana. Sometimes if I really can't stop thinking about food I will drink a pint of water really fast because it fills me up and I don't want to eat any more.
Hope that helps

*Either that or just go to bed, if I'm hungry at night sleeping takes my mind off it lol! :)

What food are you eating throughout the day?

I dont tend to eat after 9 so I know what it is like to get hungry then! I drink water to just keep something in my stomach and I just fight it off, its all psychological for me. I was so used to eating crap at all times of the day and had lots of carbs, I partly think its carb cravings for me.

I used to be the same, my oh works back shift - so once the kids had gone to bed and I was on my own at night I would scoft all sorts - crisps where a major downfall for me. Since cutting out carbs that has helped, but in the begining it was breaking the habbit - lets just say there was a lot of early nights and long baths at the start. I find that now the habbit has been broken things have gotten easier.:D

Good luck to you x

Have a good tea mainly of protein. We had a lot of cheese at Christmas and what i found was that after having cheese and other protein for tea, i didn't snack at night and nor did it even cross my mind.
Which is very unusual as i am the same as you. Get to 9 or 9.30 and want something to snack on.
If you do want to snack, one i always used to have on Weight Watchers was 2 BBQ Snack a Jacks with no fat cottage cheese on. This used to be low points and makes a nice tasty snack x

For the last few days, ive done great till after 8 o clock then gone mad and have binged on food, today i can hand on heart say ive been spot on with my healthy eating, lets hope i can do same tomorrow,

This might not work for you but often if I am looking for food in the evenings, I am not really hungry, just looking for something to do. I find chewing on ice cubes tends to make me feel like I am snacking but without calories.

Aww im with you on this one.. Im in bed every night by 10 o clock. And if someone else is in the room eating and im starving ill have to leave and go to bed or ill be reaching for the crisps or god knows what else.

Back