Hungry...

Alcofrollic

Hey guys, I'm on day two of Attack and I've been really hungry.
Yesterday was obviously the first day, and I was hungry most of the day, despite eating. Today wasn't as bad, I ate more for my first meal (two chicken breasts and four egg whites!) that kept me going for a long time.

I just want to know if being hungry is normal, or am I not eating enough? I didn't lose any weight overnight, not that I was really expecting to, but I actually gained 100g. This is all new to me, so any tips would be greatly received! :)

In attack the more you eat the more you will lose - fill up on as much pure protein as you can sticking to the allowed list only but don't go hungry - offer you self as much of the allowed food as you want - if you don't want any more then you are only emotionally hungry and can ignore that..... Just keep eating that pure protein!!! Best of luck - it does get easier once the carbs leave your body and you get to ketosis.

Hi Alco how are feeling after another day in Dukan I hope the hunger has passed and your settling in! X

Definately not eating enough if you are hungry. Don't forget your oatbran too, this can be made wiht milk to make a porridge, which fills you for longer too.

Today was much better, thank you! I had a 2kg weight loss which obviously helped. The hunger is mostly under control, and now im just trying to work out whats an actual hunger pang, and not just my stomach gurgling!
I'm mostly eating my oatbran toasted with some fromage frais and sweetener, it's delicious! :D

Also got creative in the kitchen and made floating islands, the custard was to die for. I'm going to make more tomorrow and turn it into ice cream ^^

In all this time i have still not done the floating islands, may have to have a go.

Well done on weight loss. Start a diary so you can record food and losses, and others can help with looking over it. More people read the diaries than they do the single threads.

Try the floating islands for sure, it was really tasty. We even made a fake caramel sauce for it using some water, caramel flavour and agar-agar. It was really bitter and nasty on its own, but with the custard worked a treat.

I'll certainly start a diary, once I've hit my 50 posts ^^

I think I also have a bad habit at the moment, I'm currently unemployed along with my partner, so we stay up late and stay in bed too long. It's a rut that we're in at the moment that we're going to start trying to fix this week.
But I worry that we're not eating soon enough? Certainly not drinking soon enough in the day I imagine.

Hmmm iv never made a floating island either I may have to give it a go! Yeh I think your right lie ins probably aren't the best thing when on Dukan I think it's important to kick start your metabolism as early as possible! I do have to say I'm a little jealous of both your lie in and your floating island lol! Well done on your weight loss hun! X x

I'm new here but nearly 2 weeks in. Have lost 9 pounds already and really pleased. The main thing that keeps me from feeling hungry is drinking lots of water. I love seeing the results and get so excited for every weight loss. You're doing really well so far. Keep it going. x

I think I also have a bad habit at the moment, I'm currently unemployed along with my partner, so we stay up late and stay in bed too long. It's a rut that we're in at the moment that we're going to start trying to fix this week.
But I worry that we're not eating soon enough? Certainly not drinking soon enough in the day I imagine.

Someone once said we need to get into the mindset of 'doing' not 'going to do' I'm just as guilty, but if you tell yourself, we do go to bed early, then you will do it anyway, if you say 'going to' then your waiting for a time when you think its good to start.

My hubby was made redundant last August and sets his alarm for 9am, is up and downstairs by half past whenhe gets his tea and banana and switches the computer on. Spends nearly the whole day searching for jobs and then plays games. he needs to get out of the rut of sitting at the pc all day without a break. Its hard to find a job, i hope something comes along for you both soon

My partner has a conditional job offer, should start mid April, sadly I'm still looking. We were both made redundant too, April last year. We were living out of the country at the time, so came back home to live near family again. There is an alarm set for tomorrow morning, and I will be getting up. :p

Good for you alco, did you manage to get up. Good luck to your partner.

Back